Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the people who keep saying that more group play will drive out the solo players...sorry but most likely if you are ACTUALLY here to play an MMO with PEOPLE, solo players will adapt. And I did suggest a compromise of designing around Duo content rather than solo content.

Honestly if solo players really want to solo, what the hell is the point of coming to an MMO to play then? If soloers are really concerned about epeen, they should go play some eSports like LoL or OW, or Fortnite lol. Otherwise go play single-player RPGs.

And if anything, an overabundance of solo players will drive out people who want to group play.

I want to say this comes from my past experience in FF14 1.0 where you pretty much HAD to group in order to level. At least a duo was needed but ideally a group of 4-8. And you know what? It was great because I met a lot of new people, my guild was created through this process and we had some great times. FF14 2.0 pretty much killed all of that with random group finder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Want to add group play? My number one suggestion: Make bosses drop EX gear that is better then crafted gear and set them on the same "timer" you have now so you only get the drop once or twice per week.

I would say one of my very few complaints with PG at this stage of development is actually the lack of group play and party form/function. At it's current state who knows up to level 70 may be solo content, a little too much in my opinion, but at some stage it should have moved past being able to very efficiently solo multiple mobs of the same level as I am.

At level 30 or 40 though I feel even open area mobs should not be able to be exp farmed without at least a small group. Not saying there shouldn't be areas in say Eltibule for solo people, but you should get bonus exp for group play making it more efficient to level in that manner. Currently I can just walk out to something like Gnashers comes to mind that gives good exp even for someone well above its level. I can sit there and farm skins, level two jobs, break gear down, eat pizza, and watch Netflix without every worrying about a thing. So not only is it mind numbing easy, it is efficient in multiple areas at the same time.

OP made a point though about actual combat. I started as a healer in this game until I realized it is almost pointless at this stage. Combat is an everyone for themselves button smash while using a few self heals if you pulled aggro. Granted you can effectively use a Cow as a tank and a healer to support them, but it isnt necessary. Even when I found myself in a tank / healer role combat is so fast and random I would just button smash all heal and support skills anyway. I really don't need to even look up. Its like I could set myself to auto-follow and use a key logger to just hit 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 repeat and get the same outcome.

Increase mob HP pools, slow combat down. There are no mechanics really to speak of outside of some cool bosses. Its just a button smash zerg no matter what job you are on, area you are in, mob you are fighting.

But to regress. it is in development, they have already said we are OP in some areas. I love solo console games, I didn't look for this MMO for that. Outside of the transmutation / augment skills there is no reason to group... ever. I only do now to speed up gear drops.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uhm, I'm grouping every day, sometimes multiple groups.
    You guys need to find a decent guild, then you don't have to post ideas that would ruin the game for everyone except a small minority.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Taei View Post
    For the people who keep saying that more group play will drive out the solo players...sorry but most likely if you are ACTUALLY here to play an MMO with PEOPLE, solo players will adapt.
    I want to tell you to gtfo and never return, but that's too much, so instead I'll say you're being childish.

You want to force people who disagree to suck it up adapt to what you want.

I want to have the option to choose how I play.

There are already some measures in place to make grouping more relevant, like elite mobs/bosses dropping loot like piñatas for everyone. Maybe a slight exp boost would be in place, together with measures taken to avoid people being able to kill an absurd number of mobs at once w/o risk(and Citan is already on this case).

Btw the lfg function will never happen, unless the devs decide to do a 180 on what they have been telling us for years now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I group as well, missed the point. You are not grouping due to a need to group. I invent the need to group for myself because I enjoy MMOs. After three years now I look back and really wonder if I had to ever be in a single party.

So you feel a small majority of players would want something like:

Gazluk. Each boss drops 1 of 2 types of gear. That gear they drop will be a random color Max Enchanted and can only drop once a week for you. Final Boss drops a wep or sub, etc etc. A reason to group grind a dungeon and still be on par with someone who leveled a craft, but at the expense of mass grind to get it.

It creates a reason to group, plan, event, social nights/times through content. Right now, I create my own reason.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazeandi View Post
    Uhm, I'm grouping every day, sometimes multiple groups.
    You guys need to find a decent guild, then you don't have to post ideas that would ruin the game for everyone except a small minority.
    This.

My guild is constantly grouping. For GK or Labs for high level, or just to go do Manticores. For WN and Ilmari for guild quests. Someone low level will ask "are there any groups of low level people for goblin dungeon?" and two will join and a couple of other people log on alts.

As i was leveling up my main character and soloing, i'd constantly get group invites. Or ask someone if they wanted to group. If you want to group more, you certainly can.

But it's also very important that people can solo. Saying "you will adapt" if forced to group is correct - people will either group or quit. Why force people to group if it means people quit the game? Why cut out lots of content? Should you really be forced to get a group when you need materials for trade skills? When you just want to log in and play for an hour?

Saying that there should be more group content is fine. But saying people should not be able to solo? Sorry, no.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raviollius View Post
    There are already some measures in place to make grouping more relevant, like elite mobs/bosses dropping loot like piñatas for everyone. Maybe a slight exp boost would be in place, together with measures taken to avoid people being able to kill an absurd number of mobs at once w/o risk(and Citan is already on this case).
    There actually is a slight experience boost for groups! Here's a quote from Citan on the previous forum about it.
    Yep, group XP is split amongst nearby group members, and the XP should already be getting a bonus based on the group size. The current numbers are:

1 person: 100% of the monster's XP value
    2 people: 125% total (split two ways)
    3 people: 133% total
    4 people: 150% total
    5 people: 166% total
    6 people: 175% total
    7 people: 190% total
    8-10 people: 200% total

So it's not a huge amount, but should be noticeable! Instead of further raising the percentages, I've been thinking there might be a support role in there, like the bard class might literally boost that XP group bonus, or something like that.

Only nearby group members count, so people that are far away from the combat shouldn't get a split (and shouldn't count towards the number of group members, above)."
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People solo farm in GK using Bard and you expect people to group up ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the people who keep saying that more group play will drive out the solo players...sorry but most likely if you are ACTUALLY here to play an MMO with PEOPLE, solo players will adapt.
    As a person who far more often plays solo than not in PG, I honestly agree that I would quickly adapt to the game ruining changes you've proposed in the opening post... I'd adapt to playing another game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Honestly if solo players really want to solo, what the hell is the point of coming to an MMO to play then? If soloers are really concerned about epeen, they should go play some eSports like LoL or OW, or Fortnite lol. Otherwise go play single-player RPGs.
    Maybe soloers like hearing other sentient beings in global chat. Maybe soloers like player merchants with their uncertainty in prices and wares. Maybe soloers like coming across someone in the wild and having a brief chat. Maybe soloers play solo because they only have half an hour to play, but occasionally group up when they have more time.

There are many reasons why a predominantly solo player may prefer an MMO over a single-palyer RPG.

Thread Footer