Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the thorns changes are fine, if you haven't already tried them out in game, I would recommend it. At high levels it basically adds just 1 more necessary hit from just running privacy field to kill the mobs. For farming low levels it makes essentially no difference. I think it needed a bit of a nerf at high levels since it was easily possible to use nothing but privacy field and heals and still easily kill things, that at least has partially changed now, since it's still possible to do it the old way but noticeably less efficient. Where the change was most important though, was in thick armour mobs, it was possible (I did it myself and reported it) to go to the rahu sewers and kill most of the mobs around the treants with just lvl 40 privacy field alone, completely unmodded, since most of the mobs there had such low hp. If it was possible to do it at lvl 40 unmodded, then I'm sure it would be possible at lvl 30 modded and hopefully I shouldn't have to explain why a lvl 30 farming a lvl 60 area was bad.

I like fairies so far, I haven't had a chance to try out their racial skills much yet because the fae realm starting area was so overfarmed that I put off doing the quests for a while, but I like the models, starting at lvl 30 and the flying. Also just kinda fun to start again from nothing but not sure I want to grind to max again.

I'm with ranperre about group dungeons, even as it stands right now, you can make about as much money per hour gardening as an experienced group can make at gk. Solo combat is even more lucrative since you just kill so many more mobs and skins are worth so much. I agree that equipment rarity is too good from dungeons but I feel like it needs some other way to earn money to replace it if you do nerf it.

EDIT: So I just completed the fae quests in the fae realm and I have to say they are very confusing. The first few quests make sense but then after that I was a bit lost. Having the additional quests from felmer, crelpin and midge only unlock after you've done some previous ones was a bit unintuitive when there was no text to suggest that they had new quests for me, and I think I ended up talking to every single npc about 10 times just to make sure Noita or someone didn't suddenly have a quest for me. I only really knew there was more to be done, firstly because I didn't have the fae racial skill which I knew existed from the patch notes and global, then secondly because people were talking in global about what recipes they had that I hadn't unlocked. I expect if people weren't talking in global about it, I would have just left, none the wiser. Also similar thing about the shortcut to Sun Vale, maybe it's just because I was already used to the fae realm before this update, but I only even thought to look for it because I heard people talking about it in global. So it might be useful to add this to the NPC dialogue.
    Last edited by Celerity; 03-11-2020 at 12:48 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, my thoughts on update after two days playign with it:

THE GOOD

- Thorn's nerf - was needed for sure. Even thought they are not as good vs elite mobs, or in groups in general (unless you are tanking) they were offerign just too much passive damage. Privacy Field still delas a lot of damage, but weaker thorns might need lookign into (I think Fire SHield is weakest right now)

- Ah changes - I like additional info we are getting for our pets. Pets matchign our speed is samll chnage, but very noticable, even after sevral hours of plaing AH/IM on my Fairy, I never 'lost' my pet. Also, they are far more consistent in attacking. Not sure how they AI handles fightign multiple opponents, will test it later on my main. But overall, good changes.

- I like addition of buffs/debufs/dot's dispalying in mobs info window.

THE BAD

There is not much I have to complain about in this new update. There is just one thing - Fairy startign area. I knew that, seeign as it was Fairy relase, I should expect starting area to be overpopulated. But too be honest - I never saw more than 3-4 people hunting for mobs there, and finding them for kill quests was still a chore. I think I spend like 20-30 minutes just flyign around, trying to find last Ocelot for my quest. Not because they wer econstanlty killed - at that time i think there was only one other person hunting there - but because they just wouldn't spawn. Area was swarmed with trolls, but there was almost no low level mobs.

I know that spaw rates were increased, but this will not help too much. Real problem is that Trolls are taking over spawns. It's the same situation as with deers near Wolf Cave durnign full moon - most of them are repalce dby wolves pretty quickly, since peopel doing Altar quests hunt them down.

THE... UGLY?

Well, overall I like this update. I don't think there is any change I would consider bad (I have mixed feelign about some of mod changes, but I'll need to test it out before givign opinion.). But ther eis one thing I'm concerned about, and that is - why would I wnat to switch to playing Fairy, whe there is so many skill to level up? To unlock it, you need to clear lv 50 dungeon. Sure, some high lv player can carry you, but it's still require at least some time investment.

And once you unlock fairy, what do you really get? Ability to fly is neat, but not game changing. You get some free levels in few important skills, which is good, but there is so many more to grind. Uniqe abilites for Mentalism are neat, but not so powerfull I would want to change character just for them (though I need to see what mods they have). Fairy crafting give it some nice QoL, but then agin, none of item crafted by it are pernament (inless you stick to cold zones). Sure, you can easly re-craft them when you need them.

I guess, what I'm tryign to say is that what fairy offers is neat, but not good enough(so far) to make me think 'I want it!'.

Is it enough to keep me playing for a bit longer? Yes, definitly. I, at very least, want to lv up Fairy crafting up to around lv 50, just to see what things it can craft.

Is it enough for me to switch to it as my new 'main'? Nope, not a chance. There is just too many different skill to level up, and I'm not feeling like going through some of this grind again (brewing/cheesmaking beign main culprits).

Then agin, I have hundreds of hours on my character. Someone who just started, and created charctert just to unlock Fairy race, will probbaly have much easier time switching. Especially if they get carried, instead of having to level to 50 or so, and find a group to clear WN.

Oh, and I would prefer if info of buffs/debufs would be dispalyed under monster HP/Armor bars, in the 'target' window, instead of in the 'more info' window.
    Last edited by cr00cy; 03-11-2020 at 04:04 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m going to echo ranp’s question about wanting more info about the fixed GK mobs. Boss flag or not, they were absolutely blasted through. I think this might deserve its own thread where players give input on balance, with the expectation that 80% of the players will have reds, and 2% will be in all yellows and what is appropriate content for everyone.
    --
    I was pro-healing mobs when it started but I think last year’s world boss event made it obvious it’s gotta change. But monsters healing armor could be a thing!
    --
    Fae wise:
    I can’t seem to find the NPC to quick level foraging, pathology and nature appreciation but it could be part of the soft launch.
    I started with knife+ice. I think I am going to switch to ice+mentalism. I do like the new slice attack, but it just requires me to break down so much stuff. Once I get better overall gear/endurance/etc I will be re-visiting knife.

With future advanced-races, can you give them a quest to fast-to-unlock transmutation/augmentation? I would ask for it here for Fae, but with the requirement really being ~40’s for a winter nexus group, people might miss transmutation/augmentation completely. If Orc starts inside GK, and Dwarves in Statehelm, they shouldn’t need to bother with the aug/trans quest lines.
    --
    Also, AH's info window , the increased damage and better aggro are all great. I did not do extensive testing on the taunt but the monsters clearly didnt pretend my pet no longer exists.
    The monster-details via pathology is great. You might need an option to show "stacked" buffs, like 2 of the same psi wave taking up 2 lines makes things get crowded fast, but I get it's likely in that window for time being.
    Last edited by Mbaums; 03-11-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I finally caved and started a fairy character because I wanted to play with the new mentalism skills that are for fairies only. Is it ever going to be possible to craft gear for the fairy mentalism? I tried to but of course no new skills come up with the mentalism gem. Will there be a new gem for crafting or will it be found gear only for fairies, which kind of stops us from crafting pockets for them lol.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There's a fairy magic inscription recipe for topazes similar to pig,etc malachite.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love the thick armor mechanism on NPCs. The old strat of leveling via nuking giant worms in Gazluk is likely dead, and thats fine. Still having tested thick armor for pets, so if someone could that would be great !

The Fae Armor penalty being -15% direct damage is a bit steep imo. I get you are pushing people to use Fae armor, but the other racial effects that guide gameplay are very minimal. -5% direct damage sounds fair imo. If you are planning Fae armor to continue after 80, with appropriately increased armor /effects, then I think Fae can live with the -15% for cheesing out and using the wrong plate armor.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Celerity View Post
    I think the thorns changes are fine, if you haven't already tried them out in game, I would recommend it. At high levels it basically adds just 1 more necessary hit from just running privacy field to kill the mobs.
    Can we have some smoothing out of different damage shields? Animal handling pre patch was very clearly a C tier skill and Archery was S+ skill by comparison.

Fire shield 6 (level 77 skill) modded out in full level 70 gear does: 237 direct damage with 105 damage over 10 seconds. Molten veins 5 (lvl 65 skill) with just % bonuses from fire gear and no actual mods for the skill is around 400 damage a hit. This is messed up balance.

I really do not think we need to have a game where one class choice gets an S+ damage shield and the other class has a C class damage shield. With this request I am not asking for everything to be different colors of equal koolaid.

You could do something like make fire shield be way more of a defensive thing... innate say 25 fire/cold direct reduction for popping the skill and another 10 or so indirect protection (be aware this needs to be significant because right now there is no "elemental defense stacking" like there is for physical).

Quote Originally Posted by Celerity View Post
    I'm with ranperre about group dungeons, even as it stands right now, you can make about as much money per hour gardening as an experienced group can make at gk. Solo combat is even more lucrative since you just kill so many more mobs and skins are worth so much. I agree that equipment rarity is too good from dungeons but I feel like it needs some other way to earn money to replace it if you do nerf it.
    Have you seen the prices for gardening recently? I think with the 'double grow' days you can get more gardening than you can in a group dungeon run. There is a guy in my guild who makes 70k selling veggies/flowers by doing a few hours of gardening per day.

I also want to quietly suggest Citan that you have not balanced the game for people wearing red gear. I could make a very long post on this but I want to spend my time today playing with my new fairy. An excellent example here would be fairy realm content. I cannot imagine people fighting the 'hive event' monsters without purples or yellows. I think that content is a clear example of level 80 'yellow' max enchanted gear balance (which is 3 tiers above what you say is the balance point). I think if you spawned in sets of red gear (augmented and transmuted tailor to order) to some of the best players in the game they would have no chance clearing all the FR content in red gear (without excessive use of run skills, roots, snares, fear and other 'nonsense' which the game is clearly not balanced around right now).

I personally would love to see the mid game be balanced for reds and 70+ be balanced for purple (I think most of the current 70 content is more likely to be balanced at purple max enchanted gear if we are being totally honest).

One added note : the old dungeon daily missions suddenly got a lot harder and this is good. Pre patch I had characters who were easily immune to droach fire. Wolf cave multi wolf pulls with the matriarchs are a lot more difficult on my 2nd and 3rd alts (who have progressively worse gear but are still quite well geared compared to most people getting carried through the dungeons).
    Last edited by Glythe; 03-12-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also quick question- did you intend to make winter fae blood in the Winter Nexus no longer auto stack?

I hope this was a bug as you can manually stack it. This does not seem like a good or intended change.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glythe View Post
    Animal handling pre patch was very clearly a C tier skill and Archery was S+ skill by comparison.

I also want to quietly suggest Citan that you have not balanced the game for people wearing red gear. I could make a very long post on this but I want to spend my time today playing with my new fairy. An excellent example here would be fairy realm content. I cannot imagine people fighting the 'hive event' monsters without purples or yellows. I think that content is a clear example of level 80 'yellow' max enchanted gear balance (which is 3 tiers above what you say is the balance point). I think if you spawned in sets of red gear (augmented and transmuted tailor to order) to some of the best players in the game they would have no chance clearing all the FR content in red gear (without excessive use of run skills, roots, snares, fear and other 'nonsense' which the game is clearly not balanced around right now).
    Just to point out a difference of experiences, I could literally solo at least one of those hives with 70 Bard / 70 Animal handling before the update. So I am unclear how you are coming to either of those conclusions with such certainty.

Can we have some smoothing out of different damage shields?

Fire shield 6 (level 77 skill) modded out in full level 70 gear does: 237 direct damage with 105 damage over 10 seconds. Molten veins 5 (lvl 65 skill) with just % bonuses from fire gear and no actual mods for the skill is around 400 damage a hit. This is messed up balance.
    It doesn't make much sense to balance damage shields against one another. It makes sense that they are individually balanced against the other skills in the class. We do not balance direct damage capabilities, elemental damage capabilities, healing capabilities, or taunting capabilities 1 to 1 between classes, for that same reason, as such, I cannot logically imagine a reason to expect damage shields should be 1 to 1 in capability either.
    Last edited by Coglin; 03-13-2020 at 03:03 AM.
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I personally would love to see the mid game be balanced for reds and 70+ be balanced for purple (I think most of the current 70 content is more likely to be balanced at purple max enchanted gear if we are being totally honest).
    Rarity of gear is planned to go up. We've been given unusually common purples and yellow to help the testing phase. I've heard it described that getting a purple while crafting, on release, is intended to be "like" getting a yellow while crafting right now. While that doesn't get to your difficulty of content comment, I don't think it would be reasonable for the Powers That Be to expect people to craft 2-300+ pieces of gear to do content post 70, it'd be a worse roadblock than 50 atm.

Thread Footer