Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #91
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've merged Niph's new thread on New UI & Combat feedback in here so I can track things more easily. I know it's getting dense in here, but I'll never be able to keep up otherwise.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Khaylara - I'm not sure if this is going to be at all helpful to you, but just for reference: I renamed my GorgonConfig.txt and here is what my screen looked like immediately after logging in at 1900x1200, with all the default settings (spoiler hiding biggish picture):

Spoiler Spoiler:

The default options look a bit big to me, but I think it's actually better than what I was getting initially by using my existing GorgonConfig.txt from the old UI - I think some of those settings may not have translated that well.

If you think my screenshot looks at all better than what you are getting, you may want to try renaming your GorgonConfig.txt as well. You'll lose your other settings, too, but I at least find resetting keybindings and sound options to be less tedious than messing with graphics.

Edit: Also, there is now an option to disable the Quest Tracker entirely under the GUI settings, so once that is turned off, the screen should look pretty similar to the way it did in the old UI.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 11-27-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bug: After wiping out my GorgonConfig.txt to restart with the default settings, I now show my keybindings for both "Select Enemy" and "Select Next Non-Combatant" to be Tab. The same for "previous" for both of these - both settings are set to Shift-Tab.

Cosmetic: In Keybindings, it is possible to click the Shift/Ctrl/Alt boxes with the mouse prior to clicking on Assign Key. However, clicking on Assign Key clears any checkboxes previously checked, and it is not possible at this point in time to click into them again. Actually pressing the shift/ctrl/alt keys on the keyboard will check the checkboxes at this stage, but it just feels confusing that sometimes the mouse works and sometimes it doesn't.

Suggestion: It looks like Trade is the default chat tab with a brand-new UI file. Maybe another chat tab would be more appropriate?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    The health/armor/rage meter over mobs is great, except it's displayed on top of everything which is very distracting during a fight. The meter also doesn't scale with distance. That's alright except when there are a lot of mobs, it's a bit hard to know which one is close.

I already posted it, but I'll repeat it here: the meter should show only if the mob has aggro (or is recovering health after a kill/flee). Ideally, you could choose if you see the meter on mobs when they have aggro on: everyone/party/you. If that's too complicated, defaulting to "party" sounds like a decent compromise to me. In its current implementation, the meter is displayed over all mobs and in my opinion it breaks immersion.
    I kind of like this the way it currently is. I agree with you that it would be nice to be able to tell distance and that having a lot of these meters floating around can get pretty distracting. I do find the floating meters to be very helpful in letting me know which mobs are around where, though. I'm not particularly visually observant (animations, what's that?), so having some bright primary colors available to notify me about nearby mobs is nice. Immersion-breaking, but very very nice.

Bug: the target health bar can be at zero and yet the mob has some life left, like 20%
    I thought I saw something like that happening, but the opposite way - actual health was zero, and the bar hadn't updated yet. It didn't happen frequently enough to me to be sure, though. I also died once and had my own health bar show 195 health - I was pretty sure it had never actually gone down to zero and that I hadn't healed myself...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What i meant by mouse click sensitivity was that it is just way to easy to use/equipment something by mistake. Even just trying to click and drag can result in mistaken uses or equiping unwanted gear.
    -Laraj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Functional:
    Not sure if this is intend, but while chating it would be nice to return to the default chat option (ie: guild/party/global. If i have replied to someone several minutes later i would still have that player as my default chat.
    -Laraj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cosmetic/Functional
    When trying to scroll through skills all the anatomy and any other skill with a sub catagory list are open by default. Would be nice if this was initially collapsed as a default. Would make trying to find specific skills a bit more simple.
    -Laraj

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a bug but a suggetion..
    Would be helpful to split a stack of something thats in storage. If i only need 5 fire dust cutrently i have to remove all of them just to get the 5 i need. Would be nice to have a sort button for storage, or to be able to put items in a certain slot instead of at tbe end by default. The current way makes kreping organized a headache.
    -Laraj

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I installed the new UI again and 2 issues

-the click to use or equip is pretty bad, i already made a couple of mistakes
    -it seems the work orders are bugged (some of them). Example I have a work order for 10 Decent melee staves, I crafted 10 using the "decent melee staff (enchanted)" recipe and they don't count towards the quest completion. The NPC doesn't complete the work order either (Sheyna in Rahu)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bug: My pointer sometimes starts to reposition itself to my char. Note, on the video I am not pressing any buttons not on the keyboard nor my mouse. All I am doing is trying to move the pointer in circle on the screen. The pointer keeps repositioning itself to my char and there is no clear way to stop this. I usually restart the client. Am I the only one with this bug? I already mentioned it during the first preview.

Ad that: I disagree with the design choice to reposition the mouse to the char, when left/right click rotating the camera. But the above is seriously problematic when it happens. But I have not found any way to always replicate it.

https://youtu.be/yablg66f70g

Thread Footer