Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see how that would help, since players unaware of the system wouldn't take advantage of it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    I don't see how that would help, since players unaware of the system wouldn't take advantage of it.
    There would be an automated message if you locked a mob and failed to do significant damage over the next 30 seconds, which would eventually automatically switch you to the "non-tag" mode or provide a punishment if the griefing persisted.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sounds like a way to force the issue onto the Players rather than having a good strong design. Maybe it would help more with identifying those looking to just grief, but adding another option is also just another thing that is easily overlooked by inexperienced Players. I would advise against adding automated messages, especially with the current layout of Chat and Battle Messaging (which is pretty rough IMO, although maybe saved by the 'all-saving' new UI that is coming).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yertle View Post
    This sounds like a way to force the issue onto the Players rather than having a good strong design. Maybe it would help more with identifying those looking to just grief, but adding another option is also just another thing that is easily overlooked by inexperienced Players. I would advise against adding automated messages, especially with the current layout of Chat and Battle Messaging (which is pretty rough IMO, although maybe saved by the 'all-saving' new UI that is coming).
    What good strong design would you suggest?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after trying hard to work with the new loot system, my verdict is that I feel it sucks balls as I thought it would. Seeing wonderful griefing especially during druid events and see people doing interesting mobs but with their guild only. There is a distinct lack of the social side of the game now when there were global invites, I havent seen ONE for DAYS. Basically you are forced into a guild now and no chance if you are not geared well enough to get into anything.

A backwards step imo.

I have a lot of respect for this game and have donated towards it but if it just turns into another standard game then my interest will wane rapidly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The overall intention of this idea is spectacular. Perhaps the inability to "tag" is the solution. Instead of first hit, mobs don't become tagged to a player/group until X% of health/armor damage is done. This would avoid the "crap! Stun run away" locks and also prevent that griefer with the ranged attack hitting just before your puller reaches the mob, and is too close to avoid combat.Consistent damage from the Tagging group/player to keep it locked is one way around the griefer. Locks could drop if consistent follow up damage isn't being done.
    I can see some problems with only the highest damage being permitted to loot though. This gives the "elite" player the advantage and chokes the lower levels who are trying to participate.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tura View Post
    I can see some problems with only the highest damage being permitted to loot though. This gives the "elite" player the advantage and chokes the lower levels who are trying to participate.
    Yeah, I'd go with most damage, except... That.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    As I said in another thread for the druid events they could make it where the individual or group will have to do a certain % damage to be able to loot. That way loot is a little more obtainable but you still have to work for it. Also it would still encourage grouping because you will have a better chance at that % damage if you are.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drivendawn View Post
    As I said in another thread for the druid events they could make it where the individual or group will have to do a certain % damage to be able to loot.
    But in big groups, you're even less likely to do a certain percentage of the damage. The bigger the group, the less likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    But in big groups, you're even less likely to do a certain percentage of the damage. The bigger the group, the less likely.
    Not if you have a shared percentage with your group.
    Last edited by drivendawn; 04-01-2017 at 12:31 PM.

Thread Footer