Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Set the default channel for new folks to "Help"

It would be very handy to have the default chat window set to "Help" instead of "General" for new people, either when they create a new account/toon or while they're on the island.

New people ask questions in the channel they see when they open/look at the chat box. So if the people who most needed help were dropped into Help by default, they would ask their questions in Help ... where they would get help .

That would keep General free for people to talk about general topics that don't require someone giving help.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    What about a special Island Channel. People on then can talk freely to each other, and probably some nice veteran players would keep an eye on the channel to offer helpful advice if needed?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Setting the default channel to help means that new people will "get used" to using Help. So by the time they leave the island they'll still (hopefully) ask for help there.

If you create an Island channel and then they leave the island and get dropped into General, they'll probably just ask for help in General.
    Last edited by Eachna; 02-20-2017 at 02:11 PM. Reason: typo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing I'd note as a new player, and maybe I was using chat wrong, but after I joined a guild (on my second day) I wasn't able to click the chat name and switch it to 'Help' so when I had a question I had to ask in global because I couldn't figure out how to type in 'Help.' It wasn't /help or /h as I thought, to get it to work I had to type /c Help *question here*.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been suggested for quite some time. There hasn't been any answer from the devs yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can still click on the tabs for custom chat rooms (or trade, help, etc.) by dragging the corner of the chat box to make it larger. The order of tabs is All - User - Group (if currently in a group) - Guild (if currently in a guild) - Trade + Help + whatever other rooms you are in (if currently in one or more chat rooms). If you are not in a group, guild or chat room then those tabs will disappear.
    IGN: Truffle

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure if it does this already, but what if the chat window opened with a message: "Type /help for a list of chat commands" ?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eachna View Post
    Setting the default channel to help means that new people will "get used" to using Help. So by the time they leave the island they'll still (hopefully) ask for help there.

If you create an Island channel and then they leave the island and get dropped into General, they'll probably just ask for help in General.

I like the idea. Changing the default channel to Help for new characters, and then once they learn enough from the game, they can change their default channel.

It also would mean others could choose their default channel to be something else, like guild or some private channel.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cocytus View Post
    You can still click on the tabs for custom chat rooms (or trade, help, etc.) by dragging the corner of the chat box to make it larger. The order of tabs is All - User - Group (if currently in a group) - Guild (if currently in a guild) - Trade + Help + whatever other rooms you are in (if currently in one or more chat rooms). If you are not in a group, guild or chat room then those tabs will disappear.
    Hey Truffle. You helped me beat up some mobs once. I doubt you remember that because you seem to help everyone but thanks for that.

Thread Footer