Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Recent changes to Abilities.

I get it the game going through beta and such changes going to happen and that's fine. Now to kill a creature i could manage let's say 2-3 hits, now i need 5 maybe 6, that means my power consumption is through the roof, i don't think i'm the only one going through this and if you lower all the abilities damage than lowering the cost of the abilities is only logical choice and it's something the Devs must look into. The new theme from this update ....nothing better standing powerless already used up Dig Deep and waiting on the refresh to activate....fudge i'm dead again for the hump-th time.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obligatory advice - make sure you ate food apprioprate for your level (best would be food+snack combo).

Other than that, I would suggets lookign into Alchemy. There are potions that can give you increased power regen/max power. Also, you can find/buy and craft consumables that instantly restore portion of your power. I agre that lowered damage can cause power problems, but there are tool to mitigate that already in game. Not many people use, or even know abut them, simply because they weren't needed for a long time now.

I peronally didn't noticed much power problems, but then again, I'm max-lv guy with full set of max-enchnated gear. I kill most normal mobs with 2-3 skills.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let's see, grasgot+provolone, winterhue flower, poppy bouquet, thick cranium, ruggedized, booze, that's my basic kit.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    Let's see, grasgot+provolone, winterhue flower, poppy bouquet, thick cranium, ruggedized, booze, that's my basic kit.
    I kinda agree with that setup even then thats kinda bullcrap if even thats not enough

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, you you are using all of this, and still have power problems then it's just wrong.

Unless you have weak gear. Or using two especially power-hungry skills.

But still, with that much bonus power regen, yu should be able to sustain yourself rather easly.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't have this issue before the last patch, maybe abilities cost have secretly increased.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Didn't have this issue before the last patch, maybe abilities cost have secretly increased.
    There was the valentine's event going on, which reduced the cost of all abilities by 12. It ended when the patch came.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the emphasis of the post isn't the power issue, it's that damage got nerfed so bad that the OP has to spam more stuff, and hence runs out of power. A.K.A the power costs need to be considered along with the damage adjustments.

I didn't mind hammer being power hunger when the principle was it hit hard. Now it hits like a noodle, and still sucks power. So we either need a hefty boost to an already ailing skillset, or we need power drastically reduced so we can at least keep up the hits with our wet noodle.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Temjiu View Post
    I think the emphasis of the post isn't the power issue, it's that damage got nerfed so bad that the OP has to spam more stuff, and hence runs out of power. A.K.A the power costs need to be considered along with the damage adjustments.

I didn't mind hammer being power hunger when the principle was it hit hard. Now it hits like a noodle, and still sucks power. So we either need a hefty boost to an already ailing skillset, or we need power drastically reduced so we can at least keep up the hits with our wet noodle.
    I have a lvl 50 hammer toon with some max rolled gear (I know it is different with 70). Someone presented the argument that in the past hammer got the benefit of calligraphy and buckle artistry for a hefty bonus. I have to ask was that balanced when there are some skills with no bonus?

My little hammer guy uses a ton of power to kill things and I kinda feel the changes were too much (but from the sound of things it sounds like they know it was too much). At the same time part of me thinks maybe hammer shouldn't have two bonus skills AND super high base damage anymore. To get on a balanced level of power/damage you may need to use calligraphy and damage buckle artistry belt.
    On that note they need to add an appropriately scaled bonus.

That kind of change (if that is where hammer is headed) makes the weapon massively less appealing to someone who is starting from level 1 and wants to be a hammer dude. It sounds to me like hammer may have done too much damage if you could 4 shot some elite mobs previously.

It is always slightly dangerous when you have any dps class with damage so high that it can end a fight very fast but dies shortly afterward (for one thing it lets you fight 2 mobs at a time kill 1 and then die). This goes double when you can fight at a zone entrance, lose nothing and keep on grinding content.

Not having the full hammer picture at my disposal I kinda feel like the solution should be : hammer doesn't do massive damage anymore but doesn't have stupid high power costs either. Note: I don't really have an issue with the extra cost when you decide to turn physical attacks into AoE as raw physical as a damage type is usually kind of OP in games like this.
    Last edited by Golliathe; 03-14-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Thread Footer