Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Problem with Extracting Gear Mods

This post from last year exemplifies the problem nicely:

https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...t-augmentation

There are gear mods for a number of skills that do not change with the level of the item. They are introduced at a certain level and the benefit they give remains the same regardless of the level of the item they are on. The game considers that mod to be of the lowest level it can be obtained.

For example, if I have a level 70 helm that has the psychology mod to give +4 to out of combat sprint speed for 1 minute when using Positive Attitude, the game considers it to be a level 30 mod, because that is when it is first introduced. If I were to try to reroll it at a transmutation table, I would need to use Crude Phlogiston to reroll it.

When it comes to extracting the mod, I am somehow expected to know what level it is. Say I have a level 70 helm and I want to extract that mod. If I use the right-click menu and choose "Extract a Power", the game automatically chooses Large Helm contraptions as the required component. If I use that and the appropriate gem (tourmaline in this case), the result is I lose ornaments, item and gem but have no augmentation. Poof, all gone and nothing to show for it because I don't have the ability to see the level of the mod in question. If I instead manually selected Extract Helm Augment (Level 0-30) and used small helm contraptions, then the mod would be successfully extracted.

I've bugged this in the past, but haven't seen any action towards a resolution. Either give us an error about the action if we are using the wrong type components (without destroying anything) and instruction about what size to use, or make it so that regardless of the level of the mod, the level of the item determines the size ornament needed to successfully extract an augment from that piece of gear.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xerandus View Post
    When it comes to extracting the mod, I am somehow expected to know what level it is. Say I have a level 70 helm and I want to extract that mod. If I use the right-click menu and choose "Extract a Power", the game automatically chooses Large Helm contraptions as the required component. If I use that and the appropriate gem (tourmaline in this case), the result is I lose ornaments, item and gem but have no augmentation. Poof, all gone and nothing to show for it because I don't have the ability to see the level of the mod in question. If I instead manually selected Extract Helm Augment (Level 0-30) and used small helm contraptions, then the mod would be successfully extracted.
    Thank you for that description!! I ran into this situation a few months back and just figured there was something wrong with that mod so it couldn't be extracted at all (and bug-reported it as that). Knowing that a lower level recipe will work is a great workaround! It should still be fixed but until then I'm really glad I can now extract the mod if I want.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xerandus View Post
    There are gear mods for a number of skills that do not change with the level of the item. They are introduced at a certain level and the benefit they give remains the same regardless of the level of the item they are on. The game considers that mod to be of the lowest level it can be obtained.
    This is annoying but there is a work around. When you have a mod like this you can take it to a transmutation table when you don't have phlog and try to roll it. The pglog you need to roll it will tell you what level the item is based on which quality you don't have.

Thread Footer