Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    That's why i keep babbling about not focusing on combat only and level some crafts in parallel, it's not a race and it's really not important to be 70/70 in only combat skills. Not to say my way is better but tbh when the cap lvl was raised to 70 i leveled leatherworking, endurance and carpentry before i unlocked any combat skills. I crafted gear first then proceeded to level combat to 70. It's much easier to find groups that way when you're not that desperate for gear.
    Yes, but even leveling your way, you are now 70 and therefore not available to group with Crissa if you want a group that's going to be equally challenging and rewarding for both of you. I'd also guess that even when leveling slowly, you probably only did each midlevel dungeon a couple times or so, while you've done many, many more Lab or Gazluk Keep runs.

As I said, I don't really have any good solutions. I just think that players who aren't max-level yet are going to have some additional problems getting groups.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    No, I wouldn't take a level 40 through GK (I don't go there with any skill under 60+ either, it's suicidal and I slow down the group i'm in) but I was low level once too I didn't skip to Lab and GK, I ran a LOT of nexus and wolf cave. We were capped to 50 for years and we didn't have the 50+option so did use the lower level dungeons a lot. All I'm suggesting is people leveling should do the same and not be in a rush to jump to max level in combat skills because they simply will be fairly useless to a group if that's all they focus on. And from what I understand the issue is not the group size but finding a group.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    To help with grouping there are several things that could be done.

. Like Khaylara mentioned, it makes sense to optimize gear for soloing, but your odds of being invited are higher if you can also bring some synergy to the group (like all the group abilities such as mentalism waves). To help with this, we could have a part of the inventory dedicated to gear, say 12 slots, and since you can only equip 9 slots at a time we could permanently keep extra gear for group efficiency.

. Finding a group when soloing, and finding more people when two or three players have started a group is better done with dedicated tools and interfaces than just the global or help chat. I guess we can expect something to appear during the alpha stage.

. There is currently no way to tell how powerful a toon is other than reputation (and what they claim in their persona line). I don't know if this is desirable, but perhaps the game could let us select a few skill levels, or gear details, to be made public so one can quickly appraise what a player can bring to the group. Example: if I could, I would make public my level in Ice Magic and Psychology, perhaps my Gourmand and Endurance, and maybe my staff. Showing that 4 important skills are maxed, and I wield a staff with 7 mods all transmuted to the best combination one can make does say something about my character.

. I think we are still missing abilities that help to replace members leaving a group, or to complete a group with free spots but already crawling through a dungeon. Be it Dark Chapel, Wolf Cave, Kur Tower, Lab, Gazluk Keep, if you want to group there right now, you want the best group you can make at the beginning, because you can't replace anyone. I suspect that, more often not, it means in practice that the group just doesn't happen.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    I think we are still missing abilities that help to replace members leaving a group, or to complete a group with free spots but already crawling through a dungeon. Be it Dark Chapel, Wolf Cave, Kur Tower, Lab, Gazluk Keep, if you want to group there right now, you want the best group you can make at the beginning, because you can't replace anyone. I suspect that, more often not, it means in practice that the group just doesn't happen.
    Someone (I don't remember who, sorry) threw this idea ingame - a group summoning skill, maybe as a guild feature.

edit @Tagamogi-actually not sure how many times I ran various dungeons but overall I believe I ran wolf cave and nexus way more than Lab or GK. I was never a huge fan of DC, although the first level is an excellent farming spot the elite part wasn't that appealing (fps drops for me). I basically lived in wolf cave for a while and I don't know why people (especially lycan players) don't run it, it even has chests now.

Thread Footer