Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post

I can see your point about what happens when everyone is soul mates with all the NPCs and everyone has their dream gear. But hopefully there will never be an end to new NPCs and new players. Hopefully both will continue to be added for years and years to come.
    I wouldn't mind some sort of favor decay system, possibly even combined with an NPC locations system. It would be cool if something became temporarily available on an NPC you hadn't needed to talk to in months who you've lost favour with and don't know where to find.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Throwback View Post
    I wouldn't mind some sort of favor decay system, possibly even combined with an NPC locations system. It would be cool if something became temporarily available on an NPC you hadn't needed to talk to in months who you've lost favour with and don't know where to find.
    I wouldn't want it to decay much while you're offline, and I'd want the climb back to be easier than the initial climb. That way people who are offline for months wouldn't see any decay but those who played for hours...

...But I'd also like to see some sort of system where you could keep track of the NPCs in a little black book. Like, who's asked you for a date? Can I send them a post card? Can they send a post card back? Delivering post cards could be a quest on the to-do board for civic pride maybe... I dunno.

I like that Project Gorgon has so many different mechanics already ^-^

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    ...But I'd also like to see some sort of system where you could keep track of the NPCs in a little black book. Like, who's asked you for a date?
    That would be cool. Maybe a tab that tells you all the adventures you've had hanging out with them over the years.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @Aionlasting-he didn't imply the game costs $30 a month, he said that is a lot for his income which is perfectly understandable, not everyone earns american dollars.

Some of datar's criticism is valid and it will take time and a larger playerbase for the economy to become more functional and for crafting to become a playstyle in itself. Right now the players are generally self sufficient.I understand that part because I like crafting more than other aspects of a game too. I hope you come back datar when the game is finished and with a larger and steady playerbase

edit-offtopic kinda, the decaying favor please no lol. One of the massive points of this game is that you can come back to it after a long break and be okay, if I had to re-grind favor each time i have a break ugh, no way
    Last edited by Khaylara; 03-16-2018 at 05:57 AM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmatx View Post
    To be honest, the in-game economy can be pretty daunting to lower level players. I was shocked the first time I perused the player vendors. Realy, the only realistic way to be part of the economy is to farm and sell junk to other players or just stay away from it until you are higher.
    This isn't actually true. It might look that way if you only compare your cash to the cost of items in the vendors.

There are low level items that someone can gather and craft that go for large sums of money. This last week especially with lots of new people playing, i've just gone around to vendors buying strange dire for fertilizer, perch and clownfish for speed potions, and other cheap alchemical ingredients. I also put a lot of items on vendors for consignment since I don't have a stall in the marketplace. My leatherwork, stomaches and other items sell all the time.

Time is what costs the most. High end players have $$, and would rather spend those $$ than the time to get stuff. Cotton, cooking supplies, gems, low end metals are always in demand and rarely do you see them for sale.

Part of what is daunting to low level players is not knowing what to buy, what to craft, what is in demand. But any economic system is going to have to be that way. If you could jump into an economy and make money from the start with no skills or knowledge....then it isn't an economy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Unless I'm misreading your post, you said you disagree but you made my point. You're saying to sell to other players to make money.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    edit-offtopic kinda, the decaying favor please no lol. One of the massive points of this game is that you can come back to it after a long break and be okay, if I had to re-grind favor each time i have a break ugh, no way
    Yeah, if any, it would have to be after my black-book idea and @Madmatx 's diary (which I've suggested before, too!) and would have to only count online time.

Counting offline time would just be seriously mean to offline/vacationing players.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a little confused, about to buy this on steam, does it have a monthly fee?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @mcast No monthly fees.

It hasn't been set up, but the plan is to have it supported by optional cosmetic and non-essential privileges from a side-store.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    @mcast No monthly fees.

It hasn't been set up, but the plan is to have it supported by optional cosmetic and non-essential privileges from a side-store.
    Thanks, I think I get it now, the poster played for free as a tester and now needs to buy.

Thread Footer