Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Functional:
    When you left click things in bottles such as Whey, Sweet Whey, Suspensions (Non-consumables) the default result is to emptying the bottle. Left click has always been such a normal thing and now it can have some pretty harmful side effects.
    -Laraj

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    -it seems the work orders are bugged (some of them). Example I have a work order for 10 Decent melee staves, I crafted 10 using the "decent melee staff (enchanted)" recipe and they don't count towards the quest completion. The NPC doesn't complete the work order either (Sheyna in Rahu)
    FWIW, I did several leatherworking work orders in Amulna, and all of those worked fine. I think I also did one chicken+broccoli turn in to Laura in Kur and one great cloth pants turn in to Sheyna in Rahu. So, the problem may be with the decent melee staves work order?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Opinion and Suggestions regarding new GUI

I moved to the new GUI build to fix an issue I was having, and thought I would share my initial observations:

Good:
    • In my opinion the general look and feel of the new design is a lot cleaner and more professional looking.
    • The tooltips and item information is displayed much better; I especially love that the items now indicate who to gift them to.
    • Object selection borders and names are cleaner and functioning properly (before they would sometimes overlap with description).
    • Scaling is significantly improved, which is great for my 4k monitor.
    • The map is infinitely better and easier to use.

Minor Issues:
    • The scrollbar in the quest window is difficult to see.
    • Exp gain text is difficult to see over the player information, especially when you get multiple types at once, where they immediately overlap (like with autopsy). I would prefer an option to have it displayed centre screen and with minor delays between outputs.
    • Nelson Ballard has a shop option that doesn't do anything and shows him as having trillions of council.
    • The recipe and quest menu colours are unappealing and make everything bleed together

Major Issues:
    • The target view doesn't properly show certain enemies and items: if I target a tiger the camera is halfway through its body.
    • The NPC menus and Enemy search menus have oversized buttons that make navigating the menus more annoying, especially when they keep moving around as text comes in from, for example, autopsy. I would suggest pinning the buttons to the top of the box so you could instead keep your mouse in one spot and keep clicking as the previous button disappears and the others move up.
    • -> NPC and search menus also don't have great text contrast, especially compared to the buttons, which makes it difficult to read
    • There's no button anymore to check on pets unless one is already out and alive
    • The inventory has actually gotten more difficult to manage, as all items are now the same size and quest items aren't highlighted. Some differentiation is really useful when you're going through so many little boxes. Could use inventory filters or tabs to help with this, and I'd definitely suggest re-highlighting the quest items.
    • Quest steps (collecting item, talking to someone, etc.) are no longer apparent, reducing the sense of accomplishment and making it easier to miss that you got what you needed.

Suggestions:
    • A chat filter would be nice so that I can go to the all channel but ignore exp and combat text.
    • I would love an option to have the characters stats as bars over their head instead of the bubbles to the sides.
    • When the bars are turned on over enemies, I would like the option to only show health, or some combination of the bars and not all three.
    • An option to hide uncraftable items based on what you have in inventory.
    • An option to remove the extending art from the ability bars to help save space and clean up the screen if we want.

I should point out I'm relatively new to this game and won't have the experience that others do, but I have some experience testing smaller games for player experience and would love to help you guys however I can, even if it's just these little observations. This game has a great community and it's pretty great to be even a small part of it.

~Ninngik

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, that particular one, i turned in another 2 and they worked fine. Someone on Global chat asked if I was using the new UI when I shared the problem so I thought some NPCs might be bugged?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Yep, that particular one, i turned in another 2 and they worked fine. Someone on Global chat asked if I was using the new UI when I shared the problem so I thought some NPCs might be bugged?
    Do you recall whether you ever turned in that work order in the old UI? I'd generally suspect the work order itself to be buggy. I remember a few months ago, several of the storage crate work orders asked for the wrong type of crate. For example, I had a work order for nice storage crates, but looking at the order details, it said I needed to make 10 decent storage crates instead. That's been fixed, but maybe staves have a similar problem...

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe i turned that one in before, I usually take all available WOs involving staves (above crude). Ofc I can't be sure if it's the NPC in the new interface or the WO is bugged, hopefully I get a reply to the ingame report I made so we can know for sure.

edit-I went to check the full quest description and either I was super stupid and deleted it by accident or it just vanished from my work orders:O I went to the Rahu board, re-took it and it worked this time around.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 11-28-2017 at 02:30 PM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Khaylara Maybe you picked up that work order in old UI and didn't turn it in in until new UI?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    That is the case, yes. I imagine it got fixed but it seems to be related to the new UI then.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suggestion: With the assumption that single left click to use is going away, how about allowing a left click to move an item on certain screens, in addition to dragging it? I'm thinking:
    - Click to move an item from inventory to any storage (the way it currently works to move an item from storage to inventory)
    - Click to move an item from inventory into the open trading screen
    - Click to move an item from inventory into the NPC gift option
    - Click to move an item from inventory into the Recipe window ( Transmutation, Augmentation, any recipes that call for an item to be dragged into them)

I've been finding the trading in particular surprisingly tedious lately. In the old UI, I had my trade window hidden halfway under my inventory, so it usually just required a very short drag to get an item into the trading screen. With the new UI, it feels like I'm dragging my item across the whole screen before I can finally get it to show up in my trade window.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Short UI comments

I have not had time to fully “test” the UI or read others’ comments. However, since the complete conversion to the new UI is imminent, this is what I have so far.

Bugs or anomalies:

1. When I resize the settings box, the item buttons on the left escape down the bottom of borders on the settings dialog box.
    2. Power bars appear to be blue. Is that intended?
    3. My chat status box keeps saying “you have one friend online”. Over and over. Odd.
    4. The quest log seems to have old quests active – with no way to drop a quest I finished long ago. A specific example is the amethyst quest from the starting island long ago.
    5. Does the right icon bar not move? It would be nice if it did.
    6. When I move the chat box location and log back in later, I have to move it again. Other boxes stay where I put them.
    7. Chat tabs don’t stay where I have put them. Sometimes the ALL tab stays where I move it, but eventually it reverts.
    8. The text input boxes for the player store are not large enough for amounts over three digits. I had to log into another computer to fix it. (Actually the whole store interface was not responding, so I’m not sure what’s up with that.)

Annoyances:

Overall, the windows seem to be too large and when you try to adjust them, the text inside no longer fits. If there were a way to adjust the text box font size that would be better. Playing on a smaller screen would be nuts! As it is, the text boxes crowd my screen and block everything.

Having the ability to adjust the background of textboxes would be great. My chat box retained the transparency it had previously, but I can’t seem to adjust that now. Then the large boxes wouldn’t be so in the way! When I look at the settings, I no longer see the opportunity to change the opacity of any box or the map. In short, text box sizes and lack of transparency interfere with gameplay way too much.

Why is there an incongruous shopping cart on the player store interface? Some would call that immersion breaking. Definitely seems out of place. Just about any icon that graphically suits the game would be better—a wheelbarrow would be a better icon, for example. Or a basket.

Thread Footer