Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Khaylara

Because that's how businesses work, you can't sell=you're out.
    You might want to learn basics of economics first, like kindergarten level at least. Start with costs topic.

if market spot has potential value and standing there costs you pretty much nothing (because nobody buys your overpriced stuff and entrance fee is negligible), you can stay there forever.
    Last edited by Atis; 10-20-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Atis View Post
    @Khaylara

You might want to learn basics of economics first, like kindergarten level at least. Start with costs topic.

if market spot has potential value and standing there costs you pretty much nothing (because nobody buys your overpriced stuff and entrance fee is negligible), you can stay there forever.
    You might want to learn the basics of social behavior (and literacy). This thread is called HIGH RENT, SLOW SALES so "standing there costs you pretty much nothing" does not apply. You're welcome, I just deciphered the thread title for you. Wasted time since you only wrote a random reply just to try a personal attack. Bye

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    You might want to learn the basics of social behavior (and literacy). This thread is called HIGH RENT, SLOW SALES so "standing there costs you pretty much nothing" does not apply. You're welcome, I just deciphered the thread title for you. Wasted time since you only wrote a random reply just to try a personal attack. Bye

Besides thread name there are also few pages of text, you might want to read those before commenting, if your literacy level allows that much. Especially Crissa's suggestion to make fee tiny and taxes - high. Which I was answering. You're welcome, I just deciphered the the mystery of reading power for you. Wasted time since you only read thread name and wrote a random reply just to try nitpick on something way beyond your understanding. Bye.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #64
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Any further negative comments directed at a player will result in being removed from this thread. Please keep on topic and keep responses constructive.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My suggestion was that the fee and tax needs to vary based upon the economics of the situation. One example was that a low fee and high tax would invite more stores to exist. But if there were enough stores, you might want to raise the fee to increase churn. A high fee, though, might block lower level or mid-level items from being posted; they wouldn't be profitable enough. In that case, a tax would be preferable, as it would hit the profit margin of high and low end items similarly.

But the market changes based upon available coin drops, playerbase, and player concurrent online peaks and troughs. That might mean making one (tax or fee) higher than the other; or that might mean making both higher, or lower. They have different effects on play, and those effects are what I was referring to.

So no, I did not make a specific suggestion that there be a low fee. I took part in a discussion of the effects of those game mechanics. ^-^

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The tax would be a way to keep the entrance fee low
    I was answering to that.

Making auto-ajustable fee/tax system effective and fool-proof would probably take more time and effort than making the game itself, devs are not economics experts afaik. And manual adjustments should be rare to let players feel some stability on market.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was answering to that.
    What were you answering? Because I wrote this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    So no, I did not make a specific suggestion that there be a low fee. I took part in a discussion of the effects of those game mechanics. ^-^
    Because situational economics changes means no one formula will work. The formula will need to change based upon population, drops, and market conditions. Different tools - like surcharges and ranked fees or whatever - can be employed to different effect.

This is my point.

But the market changes based upon available coin drops, playerbase, and player concurrent online peaks and troughs. That might mean making one (tax or fee) higher than the other; or that might mean making both higher, or lower. They have different effects on play, and those effects are what I was referring to.
    Making auto-ajustable...
    I did not say anything like that. I did suggest some of it could move based upon how many stalls are occupied; that wouldn't be difficult or hard for players to predict.

And manual adjustments should be rare...
    Maybe. Without warning or pattern, changes can seem arbitrary and unfair. But it's not like they're tinkering with the numbers each week without warning. And we already have in-game mechanic weekend bonuses for essentially random things.

The devs should tinker with the game to get the output they desire. And we should give them feedback if the marketplace isn't giving the economic incentives to sell the things we as players want it to. And many of us have had decades of experience playing various games, making games, running games. So we should offer up that experience. It's part of community.

You're right. I don't expect a foolproof system. That would be silly!
    Last edited by Crissa; 10-30-2017 at 05:51 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick question - any vendor selling masterwork dense arrows?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakau View Post
    Quick question - any vendor selling masterwork dense arrows?
    Should be one in room A, last stall on the right side.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What were you answering?
    I quoted the part I was answering to.

I did not say anything like that. I did suggest some of it could move based upon how many stalls are occupied; that wouldn't be difficult or hard for players to predict.
    If it's auto-adjustable, it should have damn good algorithm, which devs wont make within reasonable time. And manual changes will look like devs whims, making any economy planning unreliable.

So no, I would suggest to not change fee and taxes all the time. Merchants that can be placed anywhere (except abusable spots) would solve this issue better.
    Last edited by Atis; 11-09-2017 at 02:13 AM.

Thread Footer