Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand my opinion goes against the consensus, and I mean no offense to anyone's feedback or experience, however I believe this event was solid.

I joined on the initial rush and also joined the Lemon Finding Chat. This was a cool way to interact with the community, and I was still able to hunt for the lemons completely solo. I didn't get black dye, and I didn't get the title.

The way this event was set up, I now have a reason to do the event next time, assuming it follows the same suit.

There are a lot of green text titles in game. A ton of them, and they're fun to collect.

The only way I think this event would not be worth my time is if the same title was a guaranteed prize every few months, or if the title remains RNG based AND if the title changed every time we had new lemons.

For now I look forward to getting the Lemony Fresh title in a few months.
    Last edited by ProfessorCat; 03-24-2020 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    Hu? As long as odds are the same, I certainly disagree that it's bad design.
    My sample size is obviously limited but I can look at the people I ran through parts of this event with and share what I saw. One of my friends ran his main character through all the maps and got 3 dye events and at least 2 if not 3 keys. Another person got basically a buff here or there but no keys no title and no dye. That is messed up. My conclusion overall is that this lemon formula is too random and generates less than fun feelings.

I think it is fine to do an event like this where there is some randomness with the prizes but I would much rather see a limit on the good and bad events. As an example what if you were expected to have 2 dye events in 80 lemons but you could have plus or maybe minus one (noting that if you got a minus one then you got something potentially better like a legendary lemon buff). In other words if you get 80 lemons you will get 2 dye events - unless you get a "better" prize as replacement for one of those events. But this would mean you cannot get 4 dye and you cannot get 12+sticky events.

The odds were even for everyone and yet one player who really loves lemons did not get the title. Oops! This is the hallmark of too much chance and in this case I think it made the event stupid. I know some people were rather sour at the lemon event after getting nothing for 60 lemons. Remember that one bad event can make people realize they might be better off just skipping the next one. And that is a dangerous idea.

I am not sure what kind of tools we have available for this game but maybe we could have some checks? Would something like this work:

If no title has been achieved by 30 lemons have an event for a % chance at the title. If no title has been achieved by 60 lemons have a greatly increased chance for the title. If no title has been granted by 80 lemons have a 100% chance for the title. If title has been achieved - ignore this rule.

Do the same for the dye, keys etc (if possible). If no dye at 25 lemons have a % increase to get dye on 25th lemon (etc). If 2 dyes have been received decrease chance of more dye. If 3 dyes have been granted - remove dye from possible loot pool.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to make one more suggestion here with events and sidebar bonuses.

Can we make gur-hortas and other sidebar bonuses add a second row of sidebar parallel to the current side bar?

Adding a new parallel bar would help the gui nice and neat.

If I have some characters with 2 extra side bars, some with zero and some with 5+ it makes every character not able to use the sidebar until I move it to a new position (and then when I switch characters I have to move it again).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall I love the event but unfortunately I ran into a few problems one being the Lemon placed in the Elt Crypt. This made me believe all dungeons may contain Lemons so I spent many hours combing nearly every dungeon for one. One other problem is the Lemons in the middle of no where on average these weren't exactly fun to find and they opened up the possibility that they could be in any square meter of the map. They don't have to be on a "landmark" maybe something "eye catching" nearby.

I believe a RNG reward system can be a fun and interesting concept but at the same time it can be very cruel. Players could receive absolute gold while others struggle to get dirt and the rewards themselves are relative to the player. For an example I don't see a mentalist who has invested into psi power wave would have much need for a one power per second buff but for me with the most nerfed bird form in the whole game it's greatly needed.

Even the player's opinion can determine what this "gold" is. After finding all the Lemons I got 1 coital bliss, 2 black dyes, 2 royal purple, 4 gender studies, 4 keys, 6+ legendary loot buffs, 8+ 1 power per second, heaps of others buffs and very little negatives. Some people would be envious what I got but for me personally I would trade twice the amount for the title.

Thread Footer