Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A Few More Suggestions

Hey guys so I posted here before with some other suggestions here is the latest and greatest. Love the game!!! but yea here we go:

Fishing: its boring, its really really boring. I can post pages of ideas here but I don't know where the devs heads are on this. do they want to keep it simple? the rest of the game would indicate no. You have the availability for the fishing skill itself, making line, making the poles, making lures, catching the chum to catch bigger fish, rare fish, loot so many things. we can have a fishing combat bar to pull up,, let out line, real down ect. and yet still we just swim down and catch fish...There is so much potential here and we just swim down and catch fish by hand? really? this can be vastly improved on imo.

GUI: I know its being worked on, but a couple things that just drive me nuts. the grey window that appears when you have something selected, if you select the next non-combatant (and event in combat for that matter!!) this window does not go away..is there a way to just make it go away when you select next target?
    combat timers, why cant we have it show on the button instead of hovering over it? are we supposed to be point and clickers instead of hotkeyers? dunno what the line of thinking is here but it would be nice.

Chat: combat text and time stamps, both would be amazing!!

Trade Routes: with NPCs talking about trade routes and zone specific items in each zone; combined with industry, why are we not seeing trade routes? say deliver kur red-roses to some NPC in Illamari, or maybe Joeh in Serb asks you to talk to someone in Gazluk and bring him those supplies. the idea being the further the distance traveled and the harder the passage the more coin or the better the item you get. I would even make it so the person is stuck walking and cant just mach 5 or fly it and bypass things. could be a guild quest, group quest, lots and lots of possibilities here.

Yak

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol thoughts? anyone?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But... you can catch sharks... with your bare hands. I mean, that's pretty hardcore. I like it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralis View Post
    But... you can catch sharks... with your bare hands. I mean, that's pretty hardcore. I like it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaksnot View Post
    Trade Routes: with NPCs talking about trade routes and zone specific items in each zone; combined with industry, why are we not seeing trade routes? say deliver kur red-roses to some NPC in Illamari, or maybe Joeh in Serb asks you to talk to someone in Gazluk and bring him those supplies. the idea being the further the distance traveled and the harder the passage the more coin or the better the item you get. I would even make it so the person is stuck walking and cant just mach 5 or fly it and bypass things. could be a guild quest, group quest, lots and lots of possibilities here.
    Just makes me think of trade packs from ArcheAge.. eh..
    - When you wanted a lot of Gene Wilder gifs, (Wonka.. obvs), but instead have to attend a funeral for the signature section. Rest in RIP, RIP in Piece o'ever-lasting cake. -

(Pssst . . . https://media.giphy.com/media/5ZYlp0bF7qMBa/giphy.gif . . . You're welcome . . .)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsugumori View Post
    Just makes me think of trade packs from ArcheAge.. eh..
    Yea something similar would seem a shoe in here

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm probably weird, but I love the current fishing. There's just something about "kitty swimming to retrieve fish" that I find endlessly entertaining. My main problem with it is that it's a bit too easy to get xp once you are up to ice fishing levels, so I max out very fast and don't get my +fishing xp reward anymore when I go swimming. I wouldn't mind seeing some additional fishing mechanisms in the future, but I am enjoying the current fishing. Especially the shark catching of course.

I agree with the opening post that combat text and time stamps would be great - I have high hopes of the new UI there but we'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you tell me of an MMO with a fishing skill that wasn't boring? I can only recall fishing in EQ2 and Rift right now and both were simple cast and wait, iirc. You didn't actually do anything.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trapsin View Post
    Can you tell me of an MMO with a fishing skill that wasn't boring? I can only recall fishing in EQ2 and Rift right now and both were simple cast and wait, iirc. You didn't actually do anything.
    That's because any mechanic would be damaged by latency. The more the game leans upon the client, the more easily it is cheated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In regards to chat window. I would love to be able to adjust the size of the window smaller than what allowed. I have tried every setting to see if I am able to make the height more slender. It does not seem to scale properly with screen resolution or other settings [like GUI scale (abilities or menu bar)]. Also would like to be able to move items of the gui around to my liking.

Thread Footer