Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, bartering for food and potions would help with leveling. The only issue i can see is it needs to be bound so it isnt used as a money making scheme. Also the obedient slime takes no damage, it needs to be fixed if that is not intended.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GK is overall harder. Yes, it's nice that troopers aren't critting you for 800-900, but an HP increase of 30-40% on the easiest mobs is huge. Isn't 3-4k the entire damage output of a new-to-GK 70? My guess is that an optimized group (real tank + roots + a few well modded fire breaths) will have a tougher time pulling entire corridors, but will otherwise not be affected too much. We've basically traded a teensy bit less crit damage for 30-50% longer kills and no additional loot (anecdotally speaking). Additionally, giving some of these harder bosses the ability to randomly heal for 10k... :/. I'll wait to pass final judgment, but I think it's been overtuned, especially when the cap is raised and people will be going through without 5 people that have 50+ mods each + sets designed specifically for GK.

Also, you know those nq orcs that spawn in the hallway in front of the golem? They were constantly spawning even though we weren't engaging the golem (similar to the gargoyles that spawn and eventually patrol into zuke after you engage him). Is this intended?
    Last edited by Ranperre; 04-26-2019 at 08:42 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Definitely the most difficult part of the War Caches is getting the combat balance right. We want them to be fun and challenging for players in the low 50s who might not have good gear -- which really means they should also be good for players in the mid-40s that have great gear. (They will obviously be WAY too easy for players in the 60s+ with good gear; that's okay.)

I would love to hear from players in that target level range. Are certain dungeons too hard? Are they all too hard? Too easy? If you notice especially imbalanced ones, please refer to them by their letter-number combination (e.g. S-4). You can find that by looking in your quest log. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback on GK post-patch: Need feedback on difficulty level from less geared groups.

Overall impression: Good job, runs are more entertaining, fights last longer, less random deaths (from crits), more thought and preparation by groups is required, 'pure' damage groups (i.e. those who don't use much crowd control, or group healing) will find it more difficult. +1 on the changes,

Detail:
    Did one run with a geared group and enjoyed it more, as a 'steam roller' approach required much more healing of the group. Still relatively easy for the group, but suspect that less geared and experienced groups will find GK much harder. Respawn times might need to be reviewed.

Cleared level 1 bosses & level 2 Zuk & Slime bosses in an hour. Note: We weren't doing a speed run.

Overall, would say it was of similar difficulty as before (but with a more predictable damage taken profile) and much more entertaining.

Fight durations:
    Took longer and required a greater mix of skills (especially crowd control and healing).

Typically with such a group I would get to cast 3 attacks plus 1 heal before a mob died.
    Post-patch, it was 5 attacks plus 2 heals. And I was able to use combination damage building attack sequences for the first time in c. 2 years.

Difficulty:
    Tested with 1 healer active on 3 reflective spiders & puller died
    Tried with 2 active healers (2nd used AOE) against 5 spiders (+ couple of extra random mobs who joined in) with no issues
    I suspect that secondary healing specs will be making a comeback for GK very soon (cf. Lab specs when level 60 was the cap).

Soloing:
    Still able to solo single GK patrol mobs, but takes more time and extra heals.
    This has a major impact as reaching chests deeper in GK may no longer be possible before respawns.

Summary:
    Overall, I think the changes are good and add value, but more testing is required, especially from less well geared groups.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vish View Post
    New Pet for Animal Handing
    Love to find it
    I hope for more surprise
    New pet? Do you mean new variant of pets we could already tame (rat/cat/bear) or completly new type of pets to tame?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bug where GK tacticians would put a skill on cooldown while preventing it from firing at the same time seems to have been fixed.

The bug with 2 overlapping entrances to Gk seems to have been fixed.

Loading into GK seemed much faster for me, but I also recently upgraded my system.

The issue with a long-cooldown skill not firing when used immediately as they become available but going back on cooldown seems to have been fixed.

I like the transmutation changes, an extra popup window is a small price to pay to avoid the potential situation that used to happen where you could transmute the wrong mod because it ninja-changed on you. It's also pretty damn handy to be able to see all the potential mods that are possible, I'm not 100% convinced those %'s are accurate though or that their isn't another underlying bug that causes the ABABABAB thing we talked about before though !

Also good job on the quick fix for song of discord being broken.

Crit rage changes for the most part are welcomed, I think it was a good call to leave basic crits as-is but tone down rage crits, this puts difficulty in just about the right place. ( except when you get swarm mobbed, that's still a problem for difficulty, especially when it's unintentional. I'm not referring to any specific place with that comment, I mean in general swarm mobbing is frustrating).

Soloing in GK is much much harder, grouping seems more fun.. Poulter's feedback here is good feedback and I can agree with it. ( need some from a group of "fresh' 70's though). Personally I would increase their health even more, but also reduce the density and slightly increase the droprate... that would make it just about perfect. I'd like to see every group-dungeon follow those same rules once you figure the correct amounts/balance/density out.

One thing that dungeons are still sorely lacking that they need though is safe spots in which to afk/ phlog etc. There are a few in some but there needs to be more.

War-caches seem like a good addition, I can't give much information on their balance for the intended level range though, but with a completely unmodded skill @ 70 it was okay, as in not stupidly easy in those circumstances but not frustratingly hard either. I have not ran into any bugs in the caches except for the 180 degree camera bug in the first one I entered ( I'm sorry I didn't take note of which cache it was, but if it happens again I will and I will report it in game).

Bard feels incredibly weak after whatever it was you fixed with it, and I mean compared to any other skillset, there are things I can kill with a completely 100% unmodded sword skill that I couldn't kill with a nearly optimized bard. My suggestion here is to finally allow the extra healing / armor healing from song of resurgance that only effects the caster to effect the group, make it good at what most people envisioned in the fist place.. group support. ( it should never have been a soloing monster... although to be fair right now, it isn't... but it's still lacking group-wise as a support).

General Prask Is still capable of one shot kills vs most sets with his rage crit, his base damage is probably a little bit too high. I think he hit me for close to 1000/1000 but I couldn't get the exact numbers because the death window now covers the floaty numbers instantly and no combat log.

The snare effect on rahu plateau ( and everywhere really where mobs have it) needs to be toned down. You see more things coming but you can't move to pull back and avoid fighting 10 mobs instead of the 1-3 you intended, and it gets frustrating really quickly. In general high percentile snare effects are overly punishing to melee players regardless because it costs power to move in combat and you are barely moving, you don't really need mob snares in place as an anti-kite since kiting is not viable either way for anyone ( cause it eats power super fast if you try it). Snares would be fine if the percent you are snared by is lowered by a lot, like cut in half at the least.

The new dev tools for events seems great, the rewards were not so hot for the effort but it was fun regardless, I'm sure that can be improved going forwards..and I realize it was the first test run. I was especially impressed how a bug was located and fixed during the event rather quickly.

Overall my verdict is great patch though, I hope you continue a little farther down this road.

EDIT: Forgot to mention transmutation changes in original!
    Last edited by ErDrick; 04-28-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    New pet? Do you mean new variant of pets we could already tame (rat/cat/bear) or completly new type of pets to tame?
    Without going into spoilers too heavily, there is a new named grimalkin in the new content somewhere. Incidentally ding lvl 86 notoriety.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I way like the war caches. Something about the combination of small, different dungeons plus puzzles plus quest rewards feels irresistible to me and I want to do 20 in a row... I like the variety of dungeons, the different mobs, the groundspawn loot, the opportunities for skinning and butchering and mycology. I also really appreciated the warning for the exit, when I was trying to leave a dungeon and hadn't realized I hadn't finished the quest yet.

The only two cons for me so far are:
    It's usually a bit of a run to get to a dungeon and then to get back. It's not super-bad, but I imagine it could get frustrating for characters without run speed. At the risk of sounding super lazy, I'd love to be able to teleport directly back to Sir Johnson after finishing a dungeon instead of running back. This probably won't be a concern once we get mounts though.

I really want more storage and vendors in Amulna. I want to keep doing war cache after war cache and I can't because my inventory's full.

The difficulty largely seems perfect to me:
    I did my first set of war caches with 62ish rabbit/ 72ish psychology but since the dungeons were kind of crowded at the time, there wasn't much for me to kill. There was one boss that killed me with fire damage - there was someone else in the dungeon, and we ended up death-zerging him down but I wonder if he was maybe doing a little bit too much health damage.
    I had a couple quests that required me to collect specific drops from dead monsters - I wish there had been more mobs dropping what I needed or a faster respawn rate for them. I shared the dungeon with someone else, and while I could largely loot their corpses, I didn't necessarily see those corpses, so I ended up doing quite a bit of wandering around and waiting for repops so I could finish the quest. I would have liked it if the quest needed fewer drops, or if there had been just a few more quest mobs.

My second set of war caches was more level-appropriate, with an alt who'd just reached 50 staff/ 50 battle chemistry / 34 crossbow. Kur Tower's loot RNG had not been kind to me, so I was wearing a couple 30 orange pieces of gear, with the rest orange - purple level 40 and one level 50 purple, plus my white crossbow. I did use transmutation on my gear (like the new transmutation rules!) but no augmentation. 62 endurance and level 40-50 meal + snack. The difficulty on that character feels great. The mobs take a little bit to kill, but not too long. I can usually handle two mobs, and often three but three can also kill me. So, very very nice, in my opinion. I had two caches completely to myself and experimented with burying corpses vs not burying them but didn't really notice a difference. I didn't do a lot of backtracking, so respawns didn't really feel like a problem either way and seemed appropriate and not very fast. I was able to kill one boss (grimalkin + chemist) and it felt appropriately difficult and dangerous to me.

On this character, the downstairs water area with the hippo was very difficult. I didn't really see a spot to get out of the water, so I ended up fighting the hippo with basically staff skills only and my side bar damage unavailable too. It was a long fight, and the hippo healed itself at some point. Fortunately, it wasn't doing too much damage, so I was able to heal myself and defeat it. After that, I accidentally got two vipers at once and died because most of my skills were disabled by the water. Still, not bad - I'd just appreciate some more out of the water stepping stones. (And more hippos! I love hippos!!)
    I had another water dungeon and that one worked fine because I was able to hop onto crates and mushrooms. It made things a bit more difficult but I appreciated having to do something different.

I definitely had problems locating the symbols on the walls. That's quite likely just a me problem - I'm generally distinctly below average in noticing visual clues. Checking my notes, it looks like out of 10ish war caches, I found all 6 symbols for only 2 of them, and one of them was the same symbol in two different locations, so I'm not sure if I missed another symbol somewhere. Happily, the vaults are solvable with or without the wall symbols. I'm still uncertain on whether knowing the symbols actually makes the vault easier.

I loved the war cache loot. I'm anxiously looking forward to reaching 55 so I can gear up my alt with Sir Johnson bucks but in the meantime I found a new level 50 ring to replace my level 30 goblin dungeon relic and I'm quite happy. (I don't think I'd bother doing the war caches below 50 - they may be doable in the 40s but the loot is going to be out of the level range and with no handy place in Amulna to store gear until it can be worn, it seems easier to stay in Kur Tower until 50 or a bit higher.)
    On my rabbit, who'd previously run the Rahu Sewers, I actually found a couple very nice level 60 upgrades to my surprise. So, I think if I was just looking for gear I'd probably skip the Sewers and just go war caches till 60+, and then on to the Gazluk caves. Of course, the Sewers have xedrite, so there is that.

I think having the caches be solo works pretty well. I need to think a bit about cracking the vault, and I'm just as happy to be on my own then and not divide my brain between solving the puzzle and chatting.

On a different topic, I did the Rahu Sewers with a friend post-patch and it seemed much easier than pre-patch, although I'm uncertain whether that was due to the reduced crit damage or just more experience with the dungeon and a couple more levels on our part. I'm still not sure how good this place is to solo at level but it was great fun to duo (72ish psychology / 63ish rabbit + 70ish bard/48ish priest).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    just new variants but still its nice to find those

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ErDrick View Post
    Without going into spoilers too heavily, there is a new named grimalkin in the new content somewhere. Incidentally ding lvl 86 notoriety.
    Oh, and here I though there is whoel ne wpet category. Unfortuantelly, unique mobs dont have any speciall stuff, from what I saw, so they are mor eof trophy than anything else.

Thread Footer