Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Idea: Battle Chef

This game already has made great strides on putting a huge emphasis on how important food and cooking is. That being said, it's too binary and stale. You make the good food, you sell the good food, they eat the good food, rinse and repeat each hour.

What I request is sort of a Combat Cook that maybe equips a pan as a weapon in main or off-hand. It's abilities would focus on using food items dropped from monsters or created before or even during encounters to buff allies or do damage.

Skills it'd have would include things similar to the following

An ability that ups the chance for that enemy to drop cooking items by 1% per use but is primarily a damage tool. It'd be called Tenderize.

Ability that when used to land the final hit (or used within a second or so of the enemys death) heavily increases the chance for it to drop extra ingredients

The ability to place picnic areas and tables with extra powerful buffs, possibly by combining current food items into a "feast" for large powerful buffs

Using food already in game to heal or buff. Maybe causing allies to breath fire or increasing HP and other bars.

Abilities that cook the enemy while you're fighting it! Depending on what moves you use, once the enemy is dead, it could turn into a meal and be eaten by someone for buffs.

The ability to place down a feast or picnic table would be the big one. The idea of combining some food effects, then allowing your party to become stronger due to your amazing cooking ability, outside of just selling the food or handing it out. I'd want this just as a skill in of itself maybe outside of this whole Battle Chef thing.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely. Just like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget the opening to Kitchen Nightmares with all the cooking knives being thrown at Chef Ramsay. =)

I could totally see this as being a thing. Probably some kind of ranged/support-type set.

• Cooking Utensils: Keep the enemy out of your kitchen by using your sharp and pointy culinary cutlery. Deals (slashing, piercing, crushing) damage based on type of battle cooking-enabling item is equipped.
    • Bad Food: Poorly prepare a quick dish of a mish-mash of ingredients to throw at your enemy. Deals _____ (nature? acid?) damage.
    • Burning Food: Set some food on fire to throw at your enemy. Deals fire damage and sets the target on fire.
    • Appetizer: Put together a quick snack to serve up to friends to get them ready for the main dish. Give someone a random snack item (based on the level of the ability) that is auto-consumed. Restore some metabolism?
    • Mouthwatering Aroma: The smell of your cooking makes everyone around you hungrier. (Some kind of +metabolism regen ability?)
    • Main Dish: It's what everyone's been waiting for and it was worth the wait.

I could see some of these having different variants that have different effects, maybe adding buffs or restoring more power but less health? Maybe implement a casting time for some of the abilities (like Main Dish). Probably have to make the abilities not count toward or against vegetarian stuff to prevent people from (intentionally or accidentally) messing with players that care about such things. Either way, it's something that could be interesting.

Naturally, woks (off hand), frying pans (off hand), spatulas (main hand), chef knives (main hand), aprons (belt?), and toques (hat) are all important items for this skill set.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doesn't sound that bad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes to this, it brings back memories of the Chef class from Makai Kingdom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love it, this should totally be a thing. You'd need to take care so that the flavor is sufficiently different from other skills though. Maybe it could branch off fire magic or hammer?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greyfyn View Post
    I enjoyed this too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortior View Post
    I love it, this should totally be a thing. You'd need to take care so that the flavor is sufficiently different from other skills though. Maybe it could branch off fire magic or hammer?
    You could totally go the BC route and make some skills based on others.

Maybe a line of ranged attacks based on cooking skill- "Pie in the face style"
    Support skill based on meat dishes requiring Fire magic
    Melee attacks with a requirement for Butchering?

you can really diversify this idea quite easily.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually think this would be a great idea and I hate the cooking skill. lol.

Thread Footer