Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can log in, but the game either freezes immediately (for one character), or freezes as soon as I move or after waiting (for the other). This is after setting graphics to Fastest, water quality to 0, and I've tried starting in safe mode. I submitted a bug report (what I could quickly before another freeze).

Edit: Made a character on the tutorial island. Works alright.
    Last edited by hehehe426; 05-10-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It's kinda weird because I was able to log my chars first time but I have a dilemma right now. I have 4 chars on my account, 3 are in Serbule town as far as I can remember and one was in teleport between eltibule and serbule.

I can't log any of them to use for unstuck, I just get stuck on the loading screen on all my 4 chars. I'm not willing to delete any of them (and start a new char on Anagoge), what would be a sane suggestion? Wait for a hotfix?

I thought I'd say again I lowered everything mentioned in the patch notes and some other things like Bloom effect suggested ingame. I was able to log 3 out of my 4 chars at least once and I even took one to Eltibule (got her stuck on the way back). So except "buy a better computer" does anyone have any suggestion? Comp is an i5 about a year and a couple of months old and it handles other games with higher requirements just fine. My graphic driver is up to date and I run Win 7 64 bit (yes, I hate Win 10).

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Comp is an i5 about a year and a couple of months old and it handles other games with higher requirements just fine.
    Just wanted to point out that we don't actually have the requirements listed, but we are working on the initial minimum/recommended system requirements to be posted in the future. As for any immediate suggestions, if you've tried everything suggested then all you can really do is hang tight while we work out the kinks. This is a pretty significant update so there are those who experience issuses due to perhaps not meeting the minimum hardware threshold and others who are being affected by growing pains from the update.

This is aimed at everyone experiencing issues:

If you have crash logs, please send them. (See Sticky thread in Support for details on how you can send your crash log on PC and MAC).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Only played for a few minutes earlier, but

I really like the look of Serb, nice to see a start being made on updating the gfx to more pleasing on the eye.

Nice to see a start on making trade more simple - Baby steps towards a functioning player to player trading economy!

Nice to see augmentation unlocks on the 2 opposed NPC in rahu, nice touch. Pay through the nose, or work on faction (again) but still, nice.

Nice to have something to do with astonishing rakkie skulls after slaughtering so many of them. But - 20% base damage for necro only? Are there going to be base damage easy to acquire potions for all skills?

Will probably level brewing tomorrow and give some thoughts.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    Just wanted to point out that we don't actually have the requirements listed, but we are working on the initial minimum/recommended system requirements to be posted in the future. As for any immediate suggestions, if you've tried everything suggested then all you can really do is hang tight while we work out the kinks. This is a pretty significant update so there are those who experience issuses due to perhaps not meeting the minimum hardware threshold and others who are being affected by growing pains from the update.

This is aimed at everyone experiencing issues:

If you have crash logs, please send them. (See Sticky thread in Support for details on how you can send your crash log on PC and MAC).
    I don't have any crash message, sorry. I got a tad worried because I read in the patch notes that the game should run better now on computers that aren't monster gaming machines. I checked some posts about the computers/laptops people use for P:G and mine is not the worst by far so I assumed something else is wrong. Will wait for a hotfix.

I forgot to mention this, on one of my attempts to load PG I got a bluescreen with "memory management" as cause. I'll take care of it but I thought it might point to an excessive memory usage.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 05-10-2017 at 03:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured out why Serbule ran slowly for me. I had texture memory restriction overridden as 0. I changed it to 1 and Serbule now runs as smoothly as it did before the patch. I must have forgotten to try changing it earlier. Having it on 0 made Serbule run a lot slower than it did before the patch.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #17
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    #6 Having issues related to FPS? Your frame rate is highly tied to your resolution. To improve your FPS, you can try one or more of the following:

• Lowering the full-screen resolution within Project: Gorgon.
    • Setting Project: Gorgon to 'Windowed Mode' and adjusting the window size manually.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Silvonis I have another issue (cause I couldn't leave it well alone lol).

What happened was I tried to log an alt account on anagoge. I realized I could hear game sounds but the screen remained the loading screen. I then logged Khaylara, same thing, game sounds but no visual, just the loading screen. I asked guildmates on discord if they see my char online, they could.

So my bright self decided to delete everything and do a clean install. I got the launcher but I can't reinstall now, it gives me an error message about IsolatedStorageException.

What did I just do and how do I fix it? xD

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    Silvonis I have another issue (cause I couldn't leave it well alone lol).

What happened was I tried to log an alt account on anagoge. I realized I could hear game sounds but the screen remained the loading screen. I then logged Khaylara, same thing, game sounds but no visual, just the loading screen. I asked guildmates on discord if they see my char online, they could.

So my bright self decided to delete everything and do a clean install. I got the launcher but I can't reinstall now, it gives me an error message about IsolatedStorageException.

What did I just do and how do I fix it? xD
    Make sure you have downloaded the latest launcher and then try re-installing into a new directory. That should correct the issue.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got the launcher from the home page, installed on a different drive, still the same exception, it just won't start downloading.

edit-I'm trying the "validate installation" option, that seems to work, I'll report what happens after if it goes w/o hiccups
    Last edited by Khaylara; 05-10-2017 at 05:53 PM.

Thread Footer