Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Thread: Wipe?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wipe?

Just curious will that be a wipe when the game goes to steam? What about launch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I assume it's still subject to change.

Per the FAQ: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/faq...._characterwipe

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arterius View Post
    Just curious will that be a wipe when the game goes to steam? What about launch?
    Of course their will be; we're too powerful think of the future rookies. But remember, they can't wipe our minds. We have the most powerful skill in the game.. ..Knowledge.

Thats why we MUST be wiped. So that we can be there, on the ground floor with the new rookies - ready to guide them. It's a vast, confusing and complex game.. ..our only curse is that we must not lvl to fast We can do in less than a week what it will take them a month to figure out... ...In an hour I can be off the Island, 2 hours - learned FM, Industry, Carptentry.. ..in 4 hours; got archery, magic, sword, ect up past 10.. .. in 3 nights we can have started cheesemaking if we want...

Ours is a special mission; we have to help Eric get the game ready.. ..then we have to guide the rookies safely and funly (is funly a word?) so that they can see the game as it is; not as some parts of it appear on the surface.

The gear, the mules/banks full of items, the money.. ...some may say its a horrible loss.. ... Me? I'd trade it all to be there. Be That guy. To be naked with the new players and fighting by their side, making them a growing part of our community.

But that's just me. I'm Tiger. I'm the Villain -- but i'm Chaotic Good.
    "We few, we happy few - we band of piggies."

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GrayBeard View Post
    I assume it's still subject to change.

Per the FAQ: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/faq...._characterwipe
    Thanks, Graybeard! And note that that applies to launch launch, not Steam Early Access beta launch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That FAQ response is fairly equivocal. Some skills? Lots of mights and open to change wordage...not very reassuring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigerwyld View Post
    Of course their will be; we're too powerful think of the future rookies. But remember, they can't wipe our minds. We have the most powerful skill in the game.. ..Knowledge.

Thats why we MUST be wiped. So that we can be there, on the ground floor with the new rookies - ready to guide them. It's a vast, confusing and complex game.. ..our only curse is that we must not lvl to fast We can do in less than a week what it will take them a month to figure out... ...In an hour I can be off the Island, 2 hours - learned FM, Industry, Carptentry.. ..in 4 hours; got archery, magic, sword, ect up past 10.. .. in 3 nights we can have started cheesemaking if we want...

Ours is a special mission; we have to help Eric get the game ready.. ..then we have to guide the rookies safely and funly (is funly a word?) so that they can see the game as it is; not as some parts of it appear on the surface.

The gear, the mules/banks full of items, the money.. ...some may say its a horrible loss.. ... Me? I'd trade it all to be there. Be That guy. To be naked with the new players and fighting by their side, making them a growing part of our community.

But that's just me. I'm Tiger. I'm the Villain -- but i'm Chaotic Good.
    I'm right there with you.
    During 'launch launch' I'm hoping for a complete wipe.
    Equal footing I say (except for the part they can't take away)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then, let us not worry about the wipe.. forget entirely it exists... Eric will do what needs be done. thats all we need know. today,, tomorow,....

"Im gonna take you by surprise, and make you realize - Amanda" -
    Boston
    "We few, we happy few - we band of piggies."

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i will be very disappointed if there is a wipe moreso because i will feel lied to by the devs than because i have to start over again, again...again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A wipe would be awful IMO. I'd positively hate to start over and wouldn't have played until launch had I known. I know they've said items and currency and such, which I'm perfectly okay with...but I'd hate having to relevel some skills.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wipe until you are clean nothing less.

Thread Footer