Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to launch the game, but it crashes and restarts my PC. Help please

I purchased the game via steam yesterday. I played for maybe 30 minutes and logged out. Now I can no longer launch the game without it crashing and my PC restarts. I have tried lowering the graphics to lowest before launch by holding ALT key and setting it that way but still no luck. I have reinstalled game several times also. Any ideas on what I may be able to do? Thanks

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Going to assume you are running it through Steam and not the old stand-alone launcher. If you are not you probably should be.

-If the launcher itself crashes, that is - you experience a crash prior to entering the game, the launcher will create a file called “output_log.txt” in the same location as the launcher. Please email that file to support@projectgorgon.com.
    -If the game crashes, that is - you actually were able to load the game, the game will create a file called “output_log.txt”. The game crash log has the same name as the launcher crash log but it is located in a different location. It is critical that you provide the right log. The log file is located in the following location “C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\ProjectGorgon\Win dowsPlayer”. Compress all log files as a zip file and send them to support@projectgorgon.com.

I think they are in the process of writing a new guideline for troubleshooting. But you should send in those log files so they can check them out and advise you what to do.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    The very first place to start is the Sticky Troubleshooting Thread.

You should go through all the applicable steps, before starting a post and before sending in your logs. There's been so many times the issue would have been resolved had the person only went through the basic troubleshooting steps.

Please let us know whether you've attempted all the applicable steps and the results you've experienced. Thanks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the info. I have attempted the steps and checked most of the forums already though. It doesn't create anything that I can find because it just shuts my entire computer down before even launching. It's not a PC issue because I just built it and everything is brand new with updated parts. I will keep trying to get it to create that folder if I can. Thanks

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh and yes I am launching through steam. I also downloaded the Alpha launcher and it does the same thing.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If your computer completely crashes when you play the game then it's not going to be due to the game. If the game crashes, or even if the video driver soft-crashes, there could be things the game is doing... but when the whole computer reboots, it's outside of our ability to help you. There is something wrong with your machine. It is probably hardware, but it could be a driver issue.

I'm sorry we can't be of more help -- the usual steps to try to help would be to lower the graphics and see if you could play that way -- sometimes in cases where the video card is overheating, using lower-res graphics lets you play even though your machine is damaged. But you already tried that. So unfortunately you're out of luck: there's nothing else we can do from here.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks. I just don't get why it only does it with this game and it allowed me to play once but won't let me again.
    It try's to start. It will bring up the windowed page where you try to log in but immediately goes black and my computer restarts. I wouldn't worry bout it too much but I really want to play the game haha ��
    Last edited by Kroh; 03-31-2018 at 03:57 AM.

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    @Kroh do you have an Nvidia card, by chance? And do you have their newest driver?

I've had a report that their newest driver (released this week) is causing cards to overheat because the cards' fans aren't turning on soon enough. I've also had confirmation that rolling back to driver ver.391.01 fixed the problem.

I figured I would pass that on in case it helps.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We don't offer general PC support, but you could download and run BurnInTest. It is a diagnostic tool that will put your PC components under heavy load and if there's a crash, it will log the information and point to the culprit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do indeed. I got a 1080. I will try and revert it and see if that will work. Thanks.
    I've already ran the test and everything worked fine. I've gotten a refund through steam but I may purchase the game again soon to keep working on it.

I did get it to work for longer right before I did the refund. I was able to launch the game through steam. Minimize the launcher window and it stayed open until I clicked on the windows launcher window to play the game. Then it crashed. I do plan on giving it another shot soon but maybe after awhile
    Last edited by Kroh; 04-02-2018 at 05:53 AM.

Thread Footer