Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Pvp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pvp

Maybe an island with double resources where pvp is always on? Kind of like Fel in UO. Or an arena. Something. Game is awesome but at some point player v player is the ultimate test.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krustydog View Post
    Maybe an island with double resources where pvp is always on? Kind of like Fel in UO. Or an arena. Something. Game is awesome but at some point player v player is the ultimate test.
    I like, still alot of other stuff to work on first imo though.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty into PvP with more than half of my time playing MMO's being on open world PvP games, but I don't think PG should add any PvP with rewards yet.

The population right now is also still quite small, if you added Cool Island then it would just be controlled by a VERY small group of 'hardcore' people. The game itself is super imba and balancing PvE more should take precedence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only time I am ok with pvp rewards is when they apply ONLY to pvp and allow for ZERO use in any other situation. An island with double resources and PvP smacks of Dark and Light and similar nightmares.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanzhigao View Post
    I'm pretty into PvP with more than half of my time playing MMO's being on open world PvP games, but I don't think PG should add any PvP with rewards yet.

The population right now is also still quite small, if you added Cool Island then it would just be controlled by a VERY small group of 'hardcore' people. The game itself is super imba and balancing PvE more should take precedence.
    No rewards as in armor or weps. Just some adrenaline.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reward me a spider top hat, and a fancy title, and I will make sure nobody lasts on your puny island.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Just No.

The game isn't balanced towards PVP. The developers don't want to do PVP. Putting any of their time to making PVP content takes away from their goals and getting the game out of beta.

PVP punch is put down pretty regular in Serb. Fights last as long as it takes to click one or two attacks. AOE can take out several people at once. Have fun when that happens. Or convince a group to go into the PVP dungeon. Organize a tournament if you like.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IMO, PG has a perfect balance for PvP just as it is now. You have a PvP dungeon that lets you remain PvP as long as you are there, and you have temporary PvP drinks that allow you to PvP for a set amount of time. There is even a hardcore mode. If you are really looking for PvP, and not just an excuse to kill new players, you don't need anything more.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 to the above.

Some of the best PvP I've had in games was where there were no rewards, just a PvP arena you could enter and fight in. Noone is PvPing on gorgon at the moment because everyone that started on steam release would rather level for now. Give it time and people might start fighting in there, when that happens we can ask for minor balance changes if PvP is not good.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two things I would change about the PvP dungeon: 1) Add random drop locations inside, so no one can just camp the drop, and start killing while the other player is still portaling in. 2) Add at least one more exit portal for the same reason.

Thread Footer