Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can confirm also with livings video its what I experience but I get it with either stearing with the keyboard to rotate or holding down the mouse right click and rotating camera. Either way certain areas just cause that massive frame stuttering and jittery camera movement that makes you look in directions completely unexpected after you unfreeze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so far, I feel like OptimizeMeshes is helping a bit for me in Serbule. I still have issues in the cooks house and where the player vendors are if I try to run out the south gate, but they don't seem nearly as bad as before. I'll try turning it off and on and experiment a bit more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still having bad mouse look/turning lag even after the patch. I tried both ways w/ mesh on and off and it still persists. I will be keyturning for the immediate future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Having same issues and on Steam Client version of Project Gorgon

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    I am still having bad mouse look/turning lag even after the patch. I tried both ways w/ mesh on and off and it still persists. I will be keyturning for the immediate future
    I also have the problem.
    GPU: Asus Strix 1080ti OC edition 11gb GDDR5x
    RAM: Corsair DDR4 2666mhz (64 GB)
    Installed to: 500 GB SSD
    All drivers updated including motherboard and BIOS
    Ping according to Resource Monitor on WindowsPlayer.exe (the game client): 38ms with 0% packetloss

when I am not moving I am around 48-60FPS and when I turn it drops to 18FPS. I feel its an optimization problem still with the camera and area rendering but idk since I just came back and this is a fresh install using the Steam Client version of Project Gorgon.

edit:
    someone told me it's due to poor animation calculations and when I turned the animations for people in distance to 1, the frequency of its occurance is reduced but not eliminated.

edit2:
    I also found disabling speech bubbles, turning their distance to 1 and turning off grass density and grass distance to 1 helps too but again does not elemenate its frequency enough to be considered an adequate reduction of spin/turn(180) running problem. I tried just the mouse and also tried just the keyboard along with combination of the two and neither fixes the underlying problem. I am beginning to think my first edit is the underlying problem along with how the camera and movement animations work because it happens when I am not moving but just turning the camera with only the mouse but not so much with keyboard.
    Last edited by Thirst; 03-29-2018 at 03:58 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has anyone figured out a fix for this yet? This spinning lag is happening to me all the time in town. It makes navigating the shops and general populated area impossibly annoying.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can you trigger it predictably?

Like, number of players around or something?

I've never been able to get it to be predictable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OptimizeMeshes made me stutter out of town, so I turned it off :S I've only experienced one other game with this 180 degree flip and that was EQ2...I think turning off mouse look improved it in that game. But that was everywhere - not just in crowded areas. It is very frustrating to suddenly be facing in another direction and I do try to turn with keys in towns now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is still happening constantly, especially in Serbule. I am not sure what causes it, or how to lessen it. I have tried different graphics settings, and I am running a i7 4770k processor with 32GB ram and a Geforce 1080ti...so there shouldn't be any issues..

I love this game and I really want to figure out how to fix this... lol..

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @lordreyrey That's similar to my PC (tho I usually run on an Air) and that's why I thought the spinning was due to lag...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have shiny new PC that is total overkill for this game. Nvidia card, for the record. I also have spin lag in town, and in the market area (were all the vendors are) I have to right click on the ground to move around. Multiply this by my 3 mule toons, and OMG it's my huge, horrible, #1 peeve about the game.

I put up with it though, because PG rocks for the most part.

Thread Footer