Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Snail shells: the battle against farming low level mobs continues

I think some great strides have been made with the transmutation rework and the venison/steak/meat changes, in an effort to stop high level players farming lower leveled mobs.

But what about.... snails!?

Everyone's favorite mollusk still dominates the fields of Eltibule, the scrumptious morsels camping out in what to an intrepid adventurer like myself views to be one piece in the fulfillment of a long list of snail-related work orders.

Just today i apparently upset someone so much by farming snails in Elt, that he had to call his guildmaster to private message me asking me to stop farming (well actually he said "is there anything we can do about it?"). I mean sure a simple "/n excuse me" might have worked, but why not involve the big guns. XD

Anyways, i'm not the worst of the worst. If i feel like i'm bothering someone i'll stop, but i'm not a mind reader and i think the best solution is to address this in a similar vein to the above-mentioned changes: disincentivize the activity.

Maybe give that geyser slug some 50ish-level snail buddies? I don't know the solution; of course there are several approaches.

I just thought i'd bring this up since i feel just awful about all the newbies whose nerves i was apparently getting on. For shame, alleryn, for shame!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If it makes you feel better, if it had been me farming snails, my chat window would have disappeared somewhere along the way without me noticing and I'd never even have realized someone was trying to message me.

Anyway, there are higher level snails - one of the Gazluk caves has quite a few, although they are sadly intermingled with less interesting ice slicks and mushrooms. It not really a nice spot to farm unless you are 60+, though, so if you are 40-60 and looking for snail shells, Eltibule or Under the Hand seem like the only options. I guess there's some in the lower crypt, too, but not exactly worth farming.

It feels like the higher level snails should be dropping different types of shells, but I don't think there are really enough snails in the game to support that right now. Oh, hm. The promised Rahu sewers could be crawling with snails, maybe? I'd like to see some in Ilmari too, but I can't imagine snails being happy with all that sand.

( Also, nice to see you posting again!! )

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand the annoyance of having high level players dominate an area and sweep up all the mobs and drops. I also like to farm stuff so I'd hate to think that would be frowned upon just because I'm higher level.

I'm a little concerned about too much level stratification. That will eventually lead to totally dead areas. I've seen this suggested as an answer to hide farming panthers as well. I'm not saying those aren't appropriate or good solutions, but asking people to rethink the long term implications of solutions that stratify and compartmentalize the community.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panthers is a bit of a different problem from snails. Panthers are just a huge cash cow if you have the right skills to AOE a dozen at a time. And they respawn fast. I've seen a couple people farming with AOE, and still had plenty for me to play with 1-2 at a time. Snails seem to come in two varieties: very tough mobs in Gaz mixed with lots of other stuff, or easily farmable, especially if you have speed boosts.

But in the end, if you are lower level and want to farm snails, just come back later and do it at a different time. I like to pick on fire spiders for the dust but if i see someone else farming them, it's better to just come back through later and not compete.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are certain mobs that are popular for farming because they or the trophies they drop are needed to fulfill multiple tasks/requirements. Off the top of my head, snails are the subject of:

1. The "Kill 10 of" task that is given when a snail with the crown icon above it is killed.
    2. Snail sinew for a work order.
    3. Snail shells for fulfilling an NPC's task.
    4. Snail shells for advancing favor with a particular trainer.

I'm surprised that someone should complain about another person farming snails because the snails are spread out over an area that requires a bit of running around in to cover all the snail spawn spots. I would suggest to the devs to increase the area of snail spawn spots in Eltibule if demand warrants. There is a lot of empty land around the edges of the map where no creatures spawn.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    replace the slimes in the lake with snails noone likes the slimes anyway

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Quanzhigao You mean the slugs?

Thread Footer