Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelemvor View Post
    we are ultimately forced into having alts if we keep playing the game.
    A lot of new players join the discord and ask about running 2 clients/best way to transfer between characters, it's not just a problem you run into eventually.

The fact that a lot of players are trying to circumvent the item management entirely should say something.
    Last edited by Quanzhigao; 07-27-2018 at 03:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Quanzhigao View Post
    A lot of new players join the discord and ask about running 2 clients/best way to transfer between characters
    If new players are running into this problem, then they need to learn how to prioritize. Everyone who plays this game should know how to increase your bank space. It hasn't changed. Those "new" people you are talking about are just not wanting to put in the effort to do what they need to do to fix it themselves. They want an easy way out.

Last time I looked, this game is NOT about having the "easy" way out be given to you on a silver platter.
    ~~ Brizzt ~~ a female Drow of no consequence....YET

Fire - 70
    Ice - 70
    Shield - 36
    Unarmed - 33
    Psychology - 52
    Noob - 100

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a longer version of the unhelpful 'Git gud' trolling.

*sigh* They know inventory is a problem. We're supposed to sell most of it.

But digging through it to find the things I want to interact with still consumes a greater part of my playing time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was not meant to be a 'Git gud" trolling. Just an observation of how most games are played nowadays. (I am in mgmt irl and am all too familiar with this nowadays with the workforce as well)
    ~~ Brizzt ~~ a female Drow of no consequence....YET

Fire - 70
    Ice - 70
    Shield - 36
    Unarmed - 33
    Psychology - 52
    Noob - 100

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frankly, I think the expectation of being able to save everything for later is just silly. You will never have enough room. If it upsets people that they "sold something that I'll need later", then realize that damn near everything has a use. And you just can't save all of it.

And so much of the crap doesn't need to be saved. When you are just starting out, it's so much easier to sell the stuff, and buy what you need, when you need it, later down the line. Saving a stack of crafting material doesn't mean a whole lot when you need 30 stacks of it down the line. Or 100.

And the longer you play, the easier it gets to make money and buy what you need. Or to use the money to buy more bank slots.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, I think it’s pretty clear that there was thought put into the way inventory and storage works, so I doubt (and hope) that several people claiming to represent everyone else will spur a rethink of a core system

That may sound a bit harsh, but personally experience has taught me to be skeptical of any demands made for other people on subjects like this

This forum is open to everyone, so if everyone has a problem they would be posting here... bolstering your claim with other voices actually weakens your position

There is no shortage of storage or inventory in this game so to claim otherwise sounds fairly disingenuous

I do believe the present system is healthy for the economy and that it was planned to be, and a healthy economy always has constraints that cause some discomfort... it’s up to each of us to decide if we can live with the system or if we are going to let it irritate us and stress us out

I suggest trying to see the wisdom in it and enjoy playing the game

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a huge shortage of storage. When you enter a dungeon, it's only a few minutes until your inventory is full and you need to throw things out.

And you know the worst place to be sorting through your inventory is?

A dungeon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    There is a huge shortage of storage. When you enter a dungeon, it's only a few minutes until your inventory is full and you need to throw things out.

And you know the worst place to be sorting through your inventory is?

A dungeon.
    How many inventory slots do you have?

I have over a hundred and I don't recall playing an MMO with so much bag space

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by preechr View Post
    I have over a hundred and I don't recall playing an MMO with so much bag space
    EQ2 not long after launch you could get 192 inventory slots+equipped gear. Storage was similarly huge being able to store like 1000 items. Loot was split. You kill a boss and it drops 3-4 items split between a party. In PG you kill a trash mob at the start of gazluks keep and each person gets a drop.

Ragnarok online had 100 inventory slots however most items also stacked way more - If you farmed on one particular map you'd use like 5-10 inventory slots for stackable loot and find a few pieces of equipment, storage was universal and large(600 items account shared, easily able to make a merchant alt that can hold 200 items) - Ragnarok also had a weight system but that only really affected some classes(hunter as they had no str+had to carry lots of arrows) and oftentimes travelling to store/sell and getting back to the map would take a few minutes.

Speaking of which, every other game you can sell everything to any given NPC. Filled up 100 slots? No problem, dump it all at the closest NPC in literally a minute. Gorgon does not use this system so you have to store items, run around a lot after every dungeon to gift it everywhere or just not take loot.

Far more loot drops in PG and it is far more time consuming to make any use of it. Gazluk keep groups stop every 20 minutes to transmute for 10 minutes. If you join a party and you are wanting to spend money let's say at level 50, you start killing some droaches. It is most efficient for you to bail on the party after 20 minutes to go sell OR to constantly be transmuting shit while your party is fighting.
    Last edited by Quanzhigao; 07-30-2018 at 08:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryshael View Post
    If new players are running into this problem, then they need to learn how to prioritize. Everyone who plays this game should know how to increase your bank space. It hasn't changed. Those "new" people you are talking about are just not wanting to put in the effort to do what they need to do to fix it themselves. They want an easy way out.

Last time I looked, this game is NOT about having the "easy" way out be given to you on a silver platter.
    You're mistaking tedium with difficulty. I respectfully, disagree on your points.

I am one of those new players and I found the whole inventory situation a real bugger. I DID put forth the tremendous amount of effort to unlock additional storage - and still have a ways to go - but that only addresses the issue of total storage space. The is also the inconvenient method of access to deal with. "Prioritizing" what to keep when you have limited space is like pissing in the wind when there are literally soooo many items in the game that are tied to numerous skills that you either are, or will soon want to, level. One thing that would help (not solve) the issue is if an item was only tied to ONE (maybe 2) skills or didn't have so many uses. A single random drop I may find could be used for Alchemy, Lore, Shamanistic Infusion, and Cooking. And..... it might also be a good favor item for 4 different people some of whom I may not quite yet know about.

Let's say I do what some have suggested and focus on leveling two non-combat skills at the same time and the handful of NPCs that offer storage. That alone would mean I would need to be stockpiling tons of items in storage and inventory until I can get to those folks a zone or two away.

But the problem doesn't stop there, the fact that lower level drops are frequently used in higher level crafting or for favor with NPCs you haven't even got to yet - and vice versa, where higher level drops are needed for low level combines, only exacerbates the the issue.

Don't get me wrong, I love the complexity and interdependence within the game but I think there is room for improvement in many of these areas.

Thread Footer