Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I want the band-aid ripped off in this situation, as I've gotten closer to end-game and done Gazluk Keep a few times, I've noticed a trend of any combat skills that don't either A.) Do a lot of damage or B.) Bring a lot of healing, are irrelevant to the end-game content. This of course doesn't affect solo player's much, but it really hurts to get to end-game with a combat skill that ends up having bad damage. I primarily played Lycan for the majority of the 4 years I have played PG, but as I got to Gazluk Keep and realized that my ability to solo well doesn't translate well to group play at all, the long cooldowns on my abilities and the one-trick-pony of the Skulk ability just doesn't keep up with the combat in GK, when you have sword, hammer, archery, and mage players doing way more damage on shorter cooldowns.

Right now the combat just revolves too much around the *do as much damage as fast as possible before the mobs overrun you* and this is a problem with several key systems in the game, mob density and respawn rates in group-based dungeons makes it difficult to progress if you cannot kill the mobs as fast as possible. Power regen without a mentalist in the group or the greatest food in the game means you become power starved fairly quickly, and while I like the dynamic that needing food and power regen skills brings, IMO its not very much fun for anyone who doesn't have either of those things, personally I would rather the combat be slowed down specifically in the group-oriented areas of the game like dungeons, unless you are over-leveled and over-geared, a tank/healer should be needed, mobs shouldn't die in a matter of seconds, make the mobs harder, worth more exp, and respawn slower so that we can slow down as players and enjoy the game, enjoy the dungeon, and clear at a nice pace rather than rushing to get to the next safe area before respawns overwhelm us.

This is also a similar problem I've had with animal handling, no matter how many updates AH seems to get, the skill just isn't justified having over any other combat skill at end-game, the damage potential of your pet is a 1/5th of any other combat skill in the game, and since the bears have a +25 cold mitigation special trick (which should just be a passive for the owner btw) instead of a decent AoE threat attack, the pets are basically useless for fighting more than 1-2 mobs at a time, if pets had their own skills, and rage bar and you had a bar for *pet attack *pet follow * pet guard *pet stay and the combat skills consisted of "buffs" to your pet, and some heals to the pet, along with better mods for AH gear boosting damage, you would see many more people able to stay relevant in higher level content using animal handling, but having to micro manage the power cost of your pets abilities, for the considerably low amount of damage they provide, is just not worth it right now.

That's why I think you should just rip the bandaid off on combat damage, drop everyone down to the same level across the board on damage potential, so that combat skill is a preference on utility and playstyle, and not a choice of either being able to do end-game, or not being able to do end-game without being carried.
    Maybe then skills that are underperforming will be able to be relevant.

Lastly, the group UI NEEDS a massive overhaul if you are going to start putting in full-time support classes like the Priest, targeting players in your group is clunky and half the time just plain broken when using the group window, some players are un-selectable, sometimes HP bars just show as empty, its a mess, and it makes healing with direct heals a pain.

This is just all my personal opinion though after playing for 4 years off and on, so take it with a grain of salt because I realize I don't represent the majority of players, but I want to see this game succeed, and not just have a niche following.
    Last edited by Darkian; 05-13-2018 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkian View Post
    This is just all my personal opinion though after playing for 4 years off and on, so take it with a grain of salt because I realize I don't represent the majority of players, but I want to see this game succeed, and not just have a niche following.
    Actually I have started on steam release, also done GK multiple times, I totally agree with the damage, it is really broken, it would be a big mistake to release Priest without fixing the damage issue, I mean why would people play a Healer/Support class when you can One Shot the mobs ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murar View Post
    Hi,
    We are 3 guys from France to have bought the game, three different machines, three different connections. The game runs at 60 fps but since we left the island the game is totally unplayable because of massive lag. Please open a European server, or do something. We have a ping of 130 I dont know if it matters.The game is excellent but we can not play it anymore...
    There are several settings you can adjust to minimize the lag, but the problems are most noticeable in the Serbule zone, which is the main area

Until the upcoming patch, its probably best to level up down in Serbule Hills, the zone to the south

Serbule Hills may even be a better location for starting out, and the Inn is where you'll find the trainers for singing, dancing, surveying and shield

The foraging scene in the Hills is arguably better than in Serbule as well... Give it a shot and see if you guys can spend your time there until the lag issues get fixed

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murar View Post
    Hi,
    We are 3 guys from France to have bought the game, three different machines, three different connections. The game runs at 60 fps but since we left the island the game is totally unplayable because of massive lag. Please open a European server, or do something. We have a ping of 130 I dont know if it matters.The game is excellent but we can not play it anymore...
    That ping is unlikely to be the problem. I'm in the US and usually get 50-100 ping. I never notice any problems until I get 500+ ping, and it doesn't really become unplayable for me until 800-1000+. So, adding a European server wouldn't help; your network connection is fine.

We've had some problems in the last month or so with NPCs in certain zones taking a long time to respond. There have been a few bug fixes to address part of that, but there's still occasional server-based lag and it's possible you ran into this. As preechr suggested, moving to a different zone may help until we get more patches.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkian View Post
    sometimes HP bars just show as empty
    If you are talking about your party members' armor/health/power bars showing up black if they enter a zone after you, a workaround is to go to Settings, GUI, and toggle "Compact Party Display" to the opposite of its current setting. Save, and then change it back to what it was before and Save again.

Of course, it would be much much nicer if you didn't have to do that...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With regards to combat and nerfing.

As a new player who has come from an emulated Everquest server (only up until Velious so very classic), the combat here is obviously very different. Also as a new player I am not 100% sure what the developers goal is with regards to pace and difficulty of combat.

As it is it seems as though the combat is designed to be fast and furious with soloing very much a viable option. Burn mobs and move on. Looking at how the support classes work this seems to reflect that with no real dedicated healer and some of the support classes even seem to do fairly respectable damage.

So is this the aim of combat? Do the devs want to slow it down and make it tougher? More strategic? Less soloable? In the dev blog Citan states he would like to see someone make a Fire/Priest solo offensive combo character but also says the Priest works best in a group.

I think that before we look at nerfing skills we should know what the devs aims are for combat. Rather than nerfing maybe make all of the combat skills equally fun and potent in their own way if the aim of combat is for it to be fast and furious. As has been mentioned you wouldn't pick AH at the moment to be dealing respectable damage (or at least at level 50 it feels a lot weaker to me than others) so jazz it up a bit rather than nerf others.

Coming from the game I have I am finding the speed of combat and damage potential of the classes refreshing and it would be a shame to see them all brought to the same baseline of damage. Also with such a free form skill system and the fact you can combine any two skills balancing is always going to be difficult. I'd rather see all combat skills made equally fun rather than equally similar.
    Last edited by Fhen; 05-15-2018 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @preechr & @Tagamogi thanks for the explanations guys , we will try to go to other areas !

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the real issue with players flocking around Serbule is favor levels. Like when you have to sell stuff and earn a decent coin you will most likely always return to the place where your favor levels are the highest, which is in Serb because you've used most of your time here.

A possible addition to a solution in the future could be to have shared favor levels and/or available credits among all the times. As for lore these vendors could be cousins or or family related and what not.

If this shared favor isnt in any interest, maybe make so that these family members across different cities gain a % of favor when you gift or do quests for the primary source. This could have more levels and decrease in percentages the futher away you get from the primary source' zone.

An example would be that you gift a ring to the jewel dude in Serb.
    Jewel Dude in Serb gains 40 favor.
    Jewel Cousins in Serbule Hills, Eltibule and Sun Vale gain 50% of that(closest nearby zones) which is 20 favor. This is 1 zone away from primary source.
    Jewel Cousins in Kur Mountains gain 25% of primary source which is 10 favor. This is 2 zones away from primary source.
    Jewel Cousins in Rahu and Gazluk gain 10% of primary source which is 4 favor. This is 3 zones away from primary source.

This build towards the issue that rises later when all resources are erased and when a enourmous demand rises. Also this makes it easier to adapt to a new city when you have to gain favor with everyone there.

I hope this makes atleast some sense, I already find the grind for favor exaggerating and I believe this could help the problem.

- Pete
    Last edited by pete4613; 05-31-2018 at 02:16 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @pete4613 Transferable storage or reputation is something that's been suggested before. I think that it sticks so hard to one city is why people are so slow to move to use another city.

Thread Footer