Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #71
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexander DeLarge View Post
    Any update on a new date? It'd be much easier to manage my install using my limited SSD space using a Steam install so I'm just waiting on that.
    We don't have an exact day to announce, but it's currently going through the Steam process and we are expecting that to be complete this upcoming week.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was just linked this thread, so sorry for late reply to it but uhm... so favor is going to be wiped? i remember way back before (might be remembering wrong though) that it was "undecided but probably not" so you decided to wipe favor for sure?...

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @awol_lsd Since we're nowhere near getting out of Beta, as Alpha has just ended, I doubt there's an answer yet.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #74
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by awol_lsd View Post
    i was just linked this thread, so sorry for late reply to it but uhm... so favor is going to be wiped? i remember way back before (might be remembering wrong though) that it was "undecided but probably not" so you decided to wipe favor for sure?...
    We've never said that we wouldn't wipe favor and as per the FAQ, "That said, we will be wiping some aspects of your character including but not limited to: items, currency, NPC favor levels, and favor-quests."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    We've never said that we wouldn't wipe favor and as per the FAQ, "That said, we will be wiping some aspects of your character including but not limited to: items, currency, NPC favor levels, and favor-quests."
    i never said that it was said you WOULDN'T i said it was said for quite a while that it was undecided and leaning towards not... idk why you bothered with the first part of your message.. if look back on erics old posts on old forums you see favor isn't mentioned once when talking about the wipe.. and it doesn't show all posts as there was a thread asking specificly if favor would be part of it and undecided, probably not.. was an answer to it.

so my post was asking him if he was 100% decided on including favor and also rather curious why.. don't see why it matters that npc's have money pools for us to sell more things to them.. we won't have anything to sell nor any gear to get things to sell them quickly

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the devs are being generous in letting us keep skills and recipes. Most games wipe entirely at full release. We get to keep the most important part, I'm fine with that.

Favor represents top price paid, storage, money pool available, and access to many things. I think the economy will be much more robust with the wipe and everyone struggling a bit. It means less of a have and have-nots scenario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    However, can you imagine how crowded the beginning locations will be to gather favor items? Not to mention a new person will not even have a chance...
    Longtooths
    Discord: Longtooths#6983

https://www.twitch.tv/longtooths

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longtooths View Post
    However, can you imagine how crowded the beginning locations will be to gather favor items? Not to mention a new person will not even have a chance...
    meh gems are the best favor items in general, mabye some will be contested but surveying doesn't work that way

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Longtooths View Post
    It will be chaos for everyone for a few days, new and old alike, but the higher level characters will be off to other zones immediately. Surveying, and skinning are the two best favor items early on. The first doesn't have competition, and it's actually easier to survey when any critter in a zone is dead in 5 seconds Elt/serb/serbhills will be packed at first, but by the end of the day there will be people hunting in ilmari, rahu, and kur.

Thread Footer