Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Item Search feature

I understand the need of limited storage from a gameplay perspective but my time in FF14 where it is a constant hassle has really soured me on it. So I'm not even going to get into that, but one thing Final Fantasy 14 did do was a command called /isearch which would just search all your various retainers, armory tabs, and armoire all at once telling you where something was.

Since this game seems like it's going to have a lot of disconnected storage chests I think this would be a nice QoL addition and it really made FF14's storage issues less miserable. I'm just assuming this is feasible since FF14 seems to quote technical limitations for almost every problem yet managed to implement this. Though the underlying guts of how each games inventory is designed may be different.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Yep, a feature like this will be in the final game, but I'm not sure what form it will take yet. (For instance, it might be implemented as a recipe or as an NPC.) There are some internal restructuring changes necessary before we can do it, but it's technically feasible.

I should mention again that we're also planning some bigger storage-management features as well. The biggest feature is that all the storage boxes in a particular land area (e.g. Serbule) will be accessible from a tabbed GUI interface, letting you quickly manage all of them without having to run from building to building. It will be a while before that feature's ready, but we're slowly evolving things in the back end to make that possible.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's awesome to hear Citan, game is already wonderful and knowing it's bound to get better it's a delight!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Yep, a feature like this will be in the final game, but I'm not sure what form it will take yet. (For instance, it might be implemented as a recipe or as an NPC.) There are some internal restructuring changes necessary before we can do it, but it's technically feasible.

I should mention again that we're also planning some bigger storage-management features as well. The biggest feature is that all the storage boxes in a particular land area (e.g. Serbule) will be accessible from a tabbed GUI interface, letting you quickly manage all of them without having to run from building to building. It will be a while before that feature's ready, but we're slowly evolving things in the back end to make that possible.
    this will make the game so much more fun, can't wait.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Yeah the isearch command is very gamey. My brother actually made a good point of saying it could be some kind of ledger item that just lets you look at each towns vault but only access it when you're in the town.

Thread Footer