Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do plan to walk back, just for the hell of it. And no, don't really have any loot to sell, which is why I stated 0 Councils.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    20 days out of the month Rahu dock drops you off in Serbule dock(10 days) or Sun Vale(10 days), very convinient to get back to Serbule if you happen to be stuck in Rahu, the other 10 days is a drop in Kur close to panthers, not a spot for low level caracters.
    Do you know the cost of the boat, by chance?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by INXS View Post
    20 days out of the month Rahu dock drops you off in Serbule dock(10 days) or Sun Vale(10 days), very convinient to get back to Serbule if you happen to be stuck in Rahu, the other 10 days is a drop in Kur close to panthers, not a spot for low level caracters.
    I don't think the Kur location is all that bad. You can die, respawn at the zone-in spot, take the portal to Eltibule, die again, respawn at the zone-in spot, take the portal to Serbule... It takes a little bit more time but not all that bad. Of course, the boat does cost money. 300 councils or so?

Quote Originally Posted by sudostahp View Post
    2) I think other players will find this amusing and be willing to help. Have you tried asking in /help if someone can come to Rahu and summon a portal to Serbule?
    That's probably the best idea.

If you want to walk, you want to go to the Ilmari portal in the northeastern part of the Rahu map. Then cross the Ilmari desert from the far northern part to the far southern part. The Kur portal is in the exact same east-west location as the Rahu portal you are entering from, just sadly at the opposite north/south location. I wouldn't worry about water too much - 3 bottles should be fine, and if not, your hydration resets if you die. And if you manage to cross only half the desert before dying, you should hopefully respawn near the Kur portal.

Once you are in Kur, you should be able to just die to do the same respawn/portal chain as if you'd taken a boat to Kur.

But yes, I think asking someone else online for help would be easiest.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Many thanks for everyones udpate about getting out of Rahu! Since I now have the location of the Ilmari portal in Rahu, (thank you, Tagamogi!) mostly getting this poor toon (who I really need as a mule now, go figure) will mostly depend on what I am doing later in the evening the next couple of days. If I feel really ambitious, I'll walk. If not, I'll see if anyone would be willing to do the Portal thing for a tip or something.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So I decided to tackle this Rahu issue last evening 3/22 around supper time. I loaded that toon, only to have one tech issue after another. Figured this would not take more then 2.5 hours. But I lost 1.5 hours without any progress because the server got wonky.

1. First, my ability to run (not autorun) poofed. I had to ask in help how to turn it back on. That took about 20 minutes.
    2. Then, I tried walking around in Rahu (but the lag and rubberband effects were pretty bad). I spent about 30 minutes doing that.
    3. Finally, I went back to the main town, to see if I could scrape up 300 credits to go ANYWHERE on a boat.
    4. None of the people in town would talk to me, and at first, I figured it was because I was so low-level.
    5. Then I tried to pick up something, and could't. Logged out/in AGAIN.
    6. Finally, shopkeepers are talking to me. I speak to the harbormaster, and gosh am I lucky, the boat is going to Serbule.
    7. I dash all over trying to sell 300 councils of stuff without decimating my inventory stock. Success!
    8. Went back to the harbormaster, purchased a ticket, got the load screen.......which loaded.....and loaded....and loaded.
    9. Finally, in disgust, I closed the game, and re-launched, only to find the game was down for maintenance.
    10. Finally, I got back in. I was still in Rahu. The 300 Councils I'd given the Harbormaster were gone.
    11. Went back into the main town, sold another 300 Councils of inventory, rushed back to the Harbormaster, and finally, caught a boat to Serbule.

The moral of this story. When your on the damn Island and working on the Teleportation quests, be VERY VERY careful to give the Quest Giver the correct code for the Serbule Transport.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo, @Citan I think I see a bug with people's cash vanishing when they take the boat. How about a 'ticket' that doesn't vanish until they actually arrive in the other zone? Just in case they get rubber-banded?

Using the boats is kinda worst-case.

...At least they don't ditch you in the deep sea like the ones in WoW...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Yo, @Citan I think I see a bug with people's cash vanishing when they take the boat. How about a 'ticket' that doesn't vanish until they actually arrive in the other zone? Just in case they get rubber-banded?

Using the boats is kinda worst-case.

...At least they don't ditch you in the deep sea like the ones in WoW...
    EQ1 dumped you in the ocean when traveling by boat if something went wrong. I don't recall the specifics, but I sure recall the angst of dying and not being able to return to my tombstone, which was the only way to retrieve one's gear. (not sure about that last part, but damn sure dying was a SERIOUS hassle).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoBlue View Post
    EQ1 dumped you in the ocean...
    Yeah, several games had that flaw. I am not a fan of the retrieve your corpse mechanic, especially when dying to a network glitch. At least the worst thing that could happen in WoW is your wisp/ghost ran off a cliff and you had to wait for your hearthstone to recycle so you could get somewhere to respawn. I got stuck on the side of Teldrassil a couple times and had to wait it out...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This thread was a lifesaver. I did exactly the same thing as you Indigo Blue and ended up in Rahu after the Starter Island. Ended up running all the way back thanks to the directions from Tagamogi. Was an interesting run though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Narof View Post
    This thread was a lifesaver. I did exactly the same thing as you Indigo Blue and ended up in Rahu after the Starter Island. Ended up running all the way back thanks to the directions from Tagamogi. Was an interesting run though.
    LOL, Glad to be of help. I am sure that both of us are not the only people to make this mistake. In any case, I'm sorry was not more patient. I was looking forward to seeing a bit of the world, and instead I took a boat.

Ah well. At least I can continue my hording tendencies without undue stress.

Thread Footer