Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    That's all fine and dandy, and my point is exactly that if you don't enjoy it it is probably wise for you to go play something else instead of suggesting changes that destroy it for the rest of us.
    I don't mean to sound confrontational, by the by. It's a pretty heated subject, and if you enjoy something all the more power to you.

But how does a developer decide which path to take when the player-base is divided over what's essentially core game-play? Don't get me wrong - it is what it is right now, but in the distant past it was something else. It's not just the economy, work orders, or crafting - there's been debates over the years over various things and there's no blanket solution.

All the same, how can you quantify an issue if people don't speak out against it? Would you rather players simply accept everything a developer does even if it's detrimental to the game in the long run? If so, the game will inevitably end up a graveyard. I (and presumably others) aren't looking to ruin the experience for you, but when there's a will there's a way - there's got to be a happy medium, right?

I've been playing on and off for.. maybe 5 years now? PG is just something I desperately want to play, I'm just not entirely sure I like the direction it's going. If I'm a minority here, then whatever, but I'd be happier having at least said my part.
    IGN: Vzi

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxlazr View Post
    If I'm a minority here...
    You're not, or if you are, it's a large minority.

The "If you don't like it, hit the road" mentality is what kills good games in their infancy. You're not wrong in your assessment of how the gameplay changes in the first hundred hours to the hundred hours before you lose players.

The first hundred hours of this game are about discovering a world where you have freedom to experiment, exploring places where you might get wrecked because there are few artificial barriers, and chuckling at the game's quirky sense of humor. The last 100 hours are leveling pre-reqs you'll never use, checking vendors for the one skill book you're missing which is stopping your progress, and running work orders/dailies/your favorite dungeon over and over until you get so tired of it, you reinstall skyrim and go mod hunting.

The game's been on steam for a while now, and we're still only looking at 150 players peak. Nudging future content to be a little easier in terms of time investment might be a good idea at this point.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boy oh boy do we have a diverse bunch.....

I’ve always thought that PG does a pretty good job of balancing things out for several audiences.

I actually disagree that you must group and kill elites etc. There are other paths to success in this game.
    That said, you choose to engage in co-op play and participate in grip content, you gain an advantage in reward, and that’s great, that’s as it should be.

BUT

I’m struggling to understand why people have issue unlocking things at a cost, why people are “discouraged” from having to do several things several times..... PG has been like this from the very start

Several abilities have pre-requisites
    Battle chem needed unlocks
    Augmentations.... priest.... etc etc

You had to go back and get other things done
    I don’t see how Fae Realm is any different, simply the numbers are bigger.
    It’s also not like this was unexpected or hidden costs. Each unlock is 5x the prior unlock
    Everyone knew this was coming.
    It was stated “be wise with what you unlock”.... again, it was stated people shouldn’t expect everything, certainly not right away.

Time will play out.
    All councils are in project gorgon, is fuel for levelling XXXXXX
    the more you have, the faster your able to push yourself through
    Given time, you’ll still unlock a lot of things, just at a rate proportionate to your accrual of currency..
    Which, boils down to time invested.

Finally, Mmo’s Have always had some form of gated content
    Be it through levels, flags/keys, abilities earned etc
    Continually evolving goals or targets. This is how all mmos function

The best thing about PG is that that evolving target, is what you want it to be, not “tier xxxxxx gear” or 2200aa’s needed

I think people shouldn’t loose sight of that
    Last edited by Lasc; 09-18-2019 at 05:45 AM.
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The above from Lasc are my sentiments as well.
    Would be nice to see new scrolls dropping a bit more.
    Over 100 hours in FR and not 1, but I guess that will make the one I eventually find extra special.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DamageIncorp View Post
    The above from Lasc are my sentiments as well.
    Would be nice to see new scrolls dropping a bit more.
    Over 100 hours in FR and not 1, but I guess that will make the one I eventually find extra special.
    I was under the impression that the lack of scrolls was a symptom of them not getting everything in the last update to the extent that they wanted and that changes to this were one of the issues to be resolved in the future update that gets the new dungeon.....
    Coglin, Master Bard, subsequent druid. - Master of all Animals that can be Handled.

Thread Footer