Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Solo oriented myself and my grouping experience is limited to players who are "OP" so not sure my feedback is accurate either. Yours would be good if you ever decide to start grouping. My reasoning on this:

-balance content for 6 people, there will be a drama because if you can't get 6 people together you can't do the run (too hard). Only OP players will be able to do the run in less than 6.
    -allow 8 people and players start bringing "sub optimal" friends who should be running let's say Lab and not GK=skipped content and not running level appropriate dungeons, what I call "leeching" (social leeching maybe but overall that's not an ideal scenario)

So the current situation is not the best it could be anyway that's why I'm happy to test a 3 ppl group.

My suggestions:

-mentoring system so a high level player can help lower level/undergeared friends without them leeching or skipping content. Let's say I organize daily Kur Tower or DC runs for a couple of other people (the same ones preferably) then I run them through wolf cave or Lab later and they grow and level as a unit. This way they can fully experience the content slow and steady and not just add them to a Lab group when they're level 48-50, I kill and they loot and get exp, they don't learn anything about how to optimize a build, they don't level their FA or endurance and they learn nothing about group synergy. I'm sure many high level players would be very happy to mentor in a more organized system.

-if too many people want to run a dungeon in the same time simply split and take different paths or start 10 minutes apart. For communication (socializing) create a channel or use voice chat. Balance the 2 groups so everyone has a puller and a buffer and just chitchat while working your way through the same dungeons minutes apart. That can work with 2 groups of 6 or 4 groups of 3 in the dungeons that Citan sees as "group dungeons" (DC, Lab and GK)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    For balance reason I am thinking that you groups idea should have a condition that the group be made up of only so many levels per person. Assuming you look at the best possible level of power a person could provide, I level 70 mentalist/70 unarmed carrying unmodded gear counts as a 7, even if they are currently using level 20 bard. He goes to join a group in very low-level dungeon, maybe can't group at all (group point max=5), or can only group with one (group point max=8-10). Three really powerful players in a high level dungeon, each form a one person group, which then maybe can party up as each group might be group point max=8, but party points max might be 24. Not explaining this really well, but keeping it brief. Think their needs to be a limit based on the strength of the player, because that is what will determine if there is a challenge or not.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or just balance for 5 (group size: 6), allows for some margin of error. Give social badges for killing bosses with groups smaller than that, so hardcore players have something to show off. An MMO is a social experience, especially in this game. It shouldn't be catered only to the top 5%. Guildies or friends or just random people you meet in dungeons should be able to adventure together, without meta-planning, min-maxing builds and all the other WOW fuckery.
    Last edited by kazeandi; 07-14-2017 at 09:59 AM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roekai View Post
    Whats wrong with my idea of having groups of 3 be able to link up together? That way, the buffs and balancing will be as intended. Three groups linked up to form a party of 9, but you only get the group buffs of your individual group of 3.

How many groups you could link together would depend on the dungeon; 1 group in places like Eltibule Crypt and Serbule Seweres, 2 groups in places like Borghild and Winter Nexus, and then 3 groups in places like Gazaluk Keep and The Labyrinth.
    I do like this, too, especially with kazeandi's xp change. I think it's a neat solution to the problem of how many people are going to be affected by buffs. Also, outside of dungeons, we could allow even more groups to link for druid events, etc.

One thing that concerns me is how healing would be handled. I think it's mostly a non-issue right now, but if PG goes a bit more traditional MMO and gives you a group interface that shows party members' health and makes healing others a useful part of a group, then I think healers would like to be able to help out members of a linked group without having to continually click on them to check their health.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kazeandi View Post
    Or just balance for 5 (group size: 6), allows for some margin of error. Give social badges for killing bosses with groups smaller than that, so hardcore players have something to show off. An MMO is a social experience, especially in this game. It shouldn't be catered only to the top 5%. Guildies or friends or just random people you meet in dungeons should be able to adventure together, without meta-planning, min-maxing builds and all the other WOW fuckery.
    I really like this idea unfortunately I am not able to come up with a way that it could be done since we don't have instanced dungeons. So what would end up happening is people would go down and drop group to 3 people with 3 outside of group helping and kill the boss - only 3 would get the badge but next time they can trade off. Maybe there is a way to prevent this?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I do like this, too, especially with kazeandi's xp change. I think it's a neat solution to the problem of how many people are going to be affected by buffs. Also, outside of dungeons, we could allow even more groups to link for druid events, etc.

One thing that concerns me is how healing would be handled. I think it's mostly a non-issue right now, but if PG goes a bit more traditional MMO and gives you a group interface that shows party members' health and makes healing others a useful part of a group, then I think healers would like to be able to help out members of a linked group without having to continually click on them to check their health.
    I just assumed when 2 groups linked to form a party all of the health bars of all of the members of the party would be on screen, and you could target them for heals, etc; but passive buffs and group buffs would only apply to your group - you would have to individually target and heal people in the other group.

Edit: Any devs want to weigh in?
    Last edited by Roekai; 07-14-2017 at 05:40 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea of stacking trios.

My biggest problem once in a group is that everyone wants different loot, so often someone is left behind trying to skin things. I feel like a leech when I do this, but I need the xp and that's where the loot I need is.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arundel View Post
    I really like this idea unfortunately I am not able to come up with a way that it could be done since we don't have instanced dungeons. So what would end up happening is people would go down and drop group to 3 people with 3 outside of group helping and kill the boss - only 3 would get the badge but next time they can trade off. Maybe there is a way to prevent this?
    I think it should be possible to detect if anyone outside the group does damage to the boss, in this case, there would be given no badge.
    Of course, in such a case, people could interfere with other people's bosses to ruin their "achievement", but that's a low price to pay and shuts down the exploit.

Outside of dungeons, group sizes don't only not matter, groups should be completely irrelevant, so events can happen without locking anyone out (Druid event for example).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crrissa View Post
    I like the idea of stacking trios.

My biggest creatine supplements stack once in a group is that different loot, so often someone is left behind trying to skin things. I feel like a leech when I do this, but I need the xp and that's where the loot I need is.
    I think 8 is too much.
    Last edited by Munson; 07-05-2021 at 03:05 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Citan/Silvonis, Angel of Benevolence, what do you guys think of my stacking trios idea?

Thread Footer