Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SassySusie View Post
    Let's start things off with this disclaimer: I am not a guide nor do I log in right now (mostly because I am still pouting about what happened to Lycan) But I will return someday, But I do still keep in contact with certain friends I made from the game and still read the forum at least once a week. Now with that out of the way....

Lileth, aka Zthali aka etc etc etc etc etc etc .... this is for the most part meant for you:

I realized quite some time back ago that you like to cause drama when there is none. You like to talk about people in tells, put people down etc. you are always questioning everyone's authority. Holy Shit girl this is a game.. chill the hell out. You would not make a good guide-admin because you are way too judgmental and you would just find reasons to gag or kick someone. I am not saying this to slander you (because I know that is what you will say next) but I am saying I know because I once fell for your bullcrap and attacked a certain admin. I still have all the screenshots of all the nasty things you would say about some of the people in game, especially the guides, admins, developers, and guild leaders. Maybe one of these days you will grow up and quit trying to cause trouble and drama in a game that is there for us to log into and relax. Oh and this is NOT AC or AC2... let it RIP, I miss it too but its time to move on and quit bringing it up.

Okay now that is off my chest, I liked the live events but I wish they had more of a schedule to them. Now a couple of reasons why I say that is for the complainers that are AFK when stuff gets spawned have an advance notice to log the hell out if they don't want to be around when it happens. Another reason is for people that are not logged in constantly to be able to log in and be ready for it. When I was logging in and playing, if I had nothing to do I would log out and go watch a movie or go outside or something.. but if I would of known that a live event was going to happen lets say sometime between 2-3 I would of logged back in to watch for it. But that is not a necessity just a personal request LOL.

The guides are volunteer, its not a job so why treat it like one. I personally think they have picked some very good guides for the game. I know when I was logging in game and people would be asking questions I saw the guides ALL the time! Sometimes it was a nuisance to me because I would try and help people and a damn guide would get it typed out first... lol. Finally I gave up on trying to help others out unless the question went unanswered for at least a few minutes. Rarely would I see them show the guide tag on there name though, but when I did see the tag is when it mattered, when asshats were in chat stirring crap up and they were handing out a warning. Now I do know of some of the guides that log on "incognito" so they can actually play and not get tells the whole time so they can not get anything done. But they are there watching, you just can not see they are online. I just want to say to the guides do not let one bad apple ruin what you are doing, keep up the good work
    Preach the truth, sister.

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify a bit:

Guides are volunteers who have agreed to help answer other players' questions, and to help keep in-game chat a civil and friendly place. There is no requirement that they put in a certain number of hours; they are volunteers.

Guides have very few special powers, and those are related specifically to their role. For example, they can turn their -GUIDE- tag on and off to indicate whether they are currently doing guide-y things. They can deploy limited short-term gags and bans if necessary to put out fires in chat. They do not have the power to spawn items or monsters, and they can't run what I will loosely call admin events.

Internally, we think of events as being either player-driven - like the Poetry Jam - or admin-driven - like the recent lemon-themed events. We would love to see more player-driven events like the Poetry Jam! Guides can help players get events like this set up and rolling. Admin events are much more unwieldy. These events require a lot of work and a lot of high-level special commands, so not something guides will be able to do on their own. (Sorry, guides!)

When we ask guides to do other things, we generally give them specific guide-only items - for example, the big pillars of light that guides can deploy to help players find them. And we give them access to some goodies like cauldrons to enliven player gatherings.

If you are putting together a player-driven event - whether that is something big and recurring like the Poetry Jam, or just a little one-time thing like a character's birthday party - you can ask the guides if they can help make that happen. The guides won't magically make it happen for you, and there may not be any guides available - they are volunteers, after all.

If you would like to give feedback on specific guide actions, please e-mail support@projectgorgon.com.

Hopefully that answers some of your questions. I am closing this thread.

Thread Footer