Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Monster Races
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Monster Races

Project Gorgon has been a fun MMORPG from what I've played of it and I've really enjoyed the fact that the skill gain allows you to become whatever YOU want to become with your character, but I thought of another feather that Project Gorgon could have to also help it separate out from the rest. Monster races!

There really is no MMORPG that allows for you to play a monster. You guys have the skills (or so I believe as I haven't gotten to far yet) to do vamprisim and necromancy. Why not allow someone to play an undead monster or even something that could look like a vampire creature. I know with 3D games there is the problem where one has to then create the rigging for it and also make sure all the armor fits right onto any given body part... But to give players that freedom to make a "race", I think, hasn't been seen since Star Trek Online and I know i enjoyed sometimes making up my own alien race.

Players may also enjoy that in Project Gorgon!

I will also admit that some of this has been brought up from reading the Overlord Manga. It made me actually search for this game and did have me really sit back going "Why hasn't anyone allowed people to play monster races with race attributes?" I would say take a look at what Overlord's MMO Yggdrasil is based on, as this game already leans in a similar direction. This alone too could help the game pull in folks that may be fans of that Manga/anime and bring even more attention to Project Gorgon.

Anyways, hope you guys like the suggestion and if I can think of more, I'll toss it at the forums!

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well, we've got playable werewolves, spiders, and giant bats already - not to mention cows, pigs, and even deer (<shudder>). Vampires were a stretch goal for KickStarter and will happen in the future.

But as for creating your own individual race, we won't be able to support that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recall there also being talk of a Lich form, which would technically be an undead monster yes?
    Last edited by Sasaki; 07-29-2017 at 04:17 PM.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki View Post
    I recall there also being talk of a Litch form, which would technically be an undead monster yes?
    The word 'lich' does get thrown around here sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still pretty interesting to see the animal races pop up every now and then.

Well, rather, "classes" - you're still influenced by your starting races bonus/penalties, and while the NPC reactions are pretty great the whole experience actually gets to be a mundane balancing act as you try to figure out the best order to do things in given animal's forms limitations.

For customisations sake, then, I wonder if animals could be redesigned to share more abilities? For example, all hooved animals have access to various hoof-based attacks; bitey animals have bites, and so on - then each animal has a small pool of unique abilities. This way, animal forms could be more unified with gear modifiers as well; maybe a Feral category of attacks, with various sub-categories?

At any-rate, Project: Gorgon has always been weird and wonderful. I'd like to see some monster races, if not custom ones. I'd also like to see playable foxes!

Thread Footer