Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I found it with google. Here is the original kickstarter. The goal was 20k, they raised closed to 75k, which allowed for all the extra stretch goals to become a reality.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mo/description

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    Yea I found it with google. Here is the original kickstarter. The goal was 20k, they raised closed to 75k, which allowed for all the extra stretch goals to become a reality.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...mo/description
    You're actually a bit wrong about that.

Kickstarter #1 : October - November 2012. Goal of 55,000. Failed at 14,499.
    Kickstarter #2 : August - September 2014. Goal of 100,000. Failed at 23,502.
    Kickstarter #3 : July - August 2015. Goal of 20,000. Success at 78,781!
    Indiegogo: November - December 2016. Raised 17,230.
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNotus View Post
    You're actually a bit wrong about that.

Kickstarter #1 : October - November 2012. Goal of 55,000. Failed at 14,499.
    Kickstarter #2 : August - September 2014. Goal of 100,000. Failed at 23,502.
    Kickstarter #3 : July - August 2015. Goal of 20,000. Success at 78,781!
    Indiegogo: November - December 2016. Raised 17,230.
    Your links don't work beta.

I click on them and they don't take me to the page?

I also do not remember the 2012 or 2014 kickstarters so that explains why I thought the one they had was a success.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't think that another Kickstarter is really the right idea for a couple reasons:
    1. They've already tried Kickstarter several times and raised quite a bit more than the posted goal on the successful one. Too many Kickstarters will just make the devs come across as greedy.
    2. They only get the money if they meet their goal. Many people have already backed or bought into early access on Steam and are waiting for what was pitched to them to be delivered. I doubt many of them will want to donate again when they already have access to the game and not all of the stretch goals from the successful Kickstarter have been implemented yet. Those that just want to donate to help the devs out can already donate via the Donate button at the top of the forums.

If they want to raise more money through donations, a different platform may be a better option, whether it's something like add-on packs for in-game stuff (cosmetics, titles, character slots, name change tokens, etc.), VIP subscriptions, or even Patreon. I'd suggest for those things to contribute toward additional stretch goals, but feature creep is definitely a thing and I don't want them to suddenly find themselves having to add features X, Y, and Z to the game in addition to getting it to release.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another kickstarter seems terrible.

What are they kickstarting, update to BDO level graphics in 6 years time? There's already a backlog of years of shit they have to do, unless they pull in a bunch more people then they should not be promising to do more stuff when they're still working on official release for the next year.

They are working on the sub and can bring back the gorgon shop anytime they want. It might sound harsh but I don't think they should be asking for more free money and am glad they have not done so. If they implement player housing I'm sure people will throw money at them if they decide to go sell cosmetics and such, and there's always this if you wish to actually donate https://forum.projectgorgon.com/vbdonate.php?do=donate (or you could buy the game and give away the keys)
    Last edited by Quanzhigao; 04-22-2018 at 08:25 PM.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I think doing another Kickstarter right now would be kind of... weird. Kickstarter is for things that probably wouldn't exist without it. And I don't want people to worry about that -- the game will reach completion! (I can't guarantee when it'll leave beta, but I'm comfortable that we'll make it there.)

And I guess the real scary thing is it would probably need new stuff -- in my experience successful Kickstarters really need exciting stretch goals. And I really don't want to add more stretch goals to our to-do list! Since we're still heavily in development, we haven't yet delivered on most of the package features of the first Kickstarter, let alone the stretch goals.

We'll be bringing the Gorgon Shop back soon, though, with add-on packs you can connect to your Steam account that will give you many of the same benefits that Kickstarter/indiegogo backers received (once those features are implemented). Some of the benefits aren't coming back -- I think I have to write like 20 gossips for Rita and Blanche, which is already a pretty daunting task! -- but we'll introduce some new things people might be interested in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're the boss man Citan! Whatever you say! Looking forward to seeing some new packages on the shop and the VIP subscription ))

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    So 3 in favor and 1 opposed. Cool.
    Well if you want a count, put me in for a no. They did a kickstarter. The game is on steam. There is no need for another. And what would they offer in another? People expect promises, extras, discounts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    Well if you want a count, put me in for a no. They did a kickstarter. The game is on steam. There is no need for another. And what would they offer in another? People expect promises, extras, discounts.
    Well now it matters not as Citan has spoken and he's the bossman around here.

Thread Footer