Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drivendawn View Post
    Not if you have a shared percentage with your group.
    How does that help in events that are larger than a group? The elite group does massive damage, gets all the loot? O-o

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    How does that help in events that are larger than a group? The elite group does massive damage, gets all the loot? O-o
    There are tons of elite mobs in druid events and this way they can't lock them by doing aoe's or anything. If there is a certain percentage you have to get on a mob they will want to focus more on just maybe a couple to make sure they are able to get loot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Totally over complicated, no offense!

I disagree as well. I like the simple system from eq2.

Tag it, kill it. Once it is tagged it is locked. Either it kills you, or you kill it, or you break combat whereupon it goes invulnerable and resets.

So, so simple.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cratoh View Post
    Totally over complicated, no offense!

Tag it, kill it. Once it is tagged it is locked. Either it kills you, or you kill it, or you break combat whereupon it goes invulnerable and resets.

So, so simple.
    I think this works well in dungeons in this game and want it to stay that way but in the druid events people are running around using aoe's and locking everything away from the majority that shows up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by drivendawn View Post
    I think this works well in dungeons in this game and want it to stay that way but in the druid events people are running around using aoe's and locking everything away from the majority that shows up.
    Yes, and this is being discussed in another thread I believe Normal play, and world event play need to be seperated, they are two different kettles of fish. I offered the perfect solution to druid and future world events in that thread too, nothing original I'm afraid, just auto-group joining, and removing all loot from them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The elephant in the room is still really the ultimate griefing - high level players disrupting low level content by white knighting people through content which is beyond them.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's terrible. You can't help someone, and if you take too long to kill something the encounter resets. It's gamey and annoying.

The elephant in the room is still really the ultimate griefing - high level players disrupting low level content by white knighting people through content which is beyond them.
    No. Just no.

The discussion is how to distribute loot in open world events so that everyone has fun - groups of weaker and stronger players. And how to keep groups or singletons from disrupting that intentionally or not.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Here is my solution:

1. Keep the same loot system than in the rest of the game (first hit or most damage, whatever).

2. Implement a grouping system where people don't have to be 10 feet from each other, or use a geeks-only, slash command with full name to start a group. Instead, with a new user-interface, they can 'start a group' and 'join a group'. You can see group member's name beforehand. You start one or join one with a click.

3. Make sure events take place in large zones so that elites (such as myself) can't be everywhere.

4. Implement level-adjusted loot. I think this is on devs' list already.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    What good strong design would you suggest?
    From the way I read it, they have implemented the Loot changes in order to control Group size, not really to promote any sort of feature nor to prevent any player issues, so I would recommend solving that problem and leaving the Loot as it was. Which I have suggested finding ways of scaling the content to present more of a challenge based on the Group size rather than restricting the Group size to fit the content as is.

Thread Footer