Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have 3 sets of combat skills of level 70 with gear. I am maxed (all main ones that are useful to me and i.e. at least 70+) in all tradeskills and I can assure you that tradeskilled gear is NOT better than drop gear. The only exception I can think of offhand to that is with staffs (even that is debatable as the GK staffs for staff fighting are better)

My mistake, I meant hardcore as in playing a lot at the top end not as in hardcore gear which is borked at the moment as you quite rightly said.
    @Niph Yes I could stay in the entrance but I cant solo so I would need at least one other and tbh my life isnt that bad when I need to stay somewhere hoping that people *might* turn up and find that when they do they already are in a group of 6..... cause they are unlikely to go there without 6 stated in your post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ever since the group size changes, I haven't even set foot in Gazluk at all. There is absolutely no chance of me getting into a group for GK, doing well and enjoying the run. I may be in a full set of level 70 max-enchanted yellow/magenta gear, but I'm still dead weight in GK and I no longer have any reason to go there except to level orcish and maybe get a better ring and necklace.

Once the dungeon is no longer the current end game, I can't imagine anyone doing GK at the appropriate level. It seems about as plausible as a group of level 30s doing Dark Chapel.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoxard View Post
    I may be in a full set of level 70 max-enchanted yellow/magenta gear, but I'm still dead weight in GK[...]
    Can you elaborate? I don't see how that's possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deer/Mentalism.
    Head is max-enchanted magenta
    Chest is max-enchanted yellow
    Pants are max-enchanted yellow(only level 60 though because the recipe is bugged)
    Gloves are max-enchanted yellow
    Shoes are normal magenta, since there's no max-enchanted deer shoes
    Main hand is a yellow drop from GK
    Offhand is a magenta drop from GK
    Necklace is a level 50 yellow from Rahu
    Ring is a level 65 magenta from the overworld orcs around GK

My contribution during a typical GK run is typically 1-2 attacks before the mob is dead and the pull is over. I never get the most damage done on trash mobs except during large pulls when I can use agonize and cuteness overload on a target nobody else is attacking. On bosses, I'm typically 3rd or 4th damage done at best, usually lower. The only time I actually contribute anything meaningful is when too many mobs are pulled at once and I get to use panic charge+king of the forest, this usually does not prevent a wipe though. My only utility is one heal, two stuns and two rage reducers, though that's because I use an offensive mentalism setup(better for soloing).

The build is excellent for solo content and works just fine for lower level group content, but it has no meaningful contribution in GK.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoxard View Post
    The build is excellent for solo content and works just fine for lower level group content, but it has no meaningful contribution in GK.
    That's how I feel about Battle Chemistry in GK. Good enough for solo content, but laughable where single target DPS is important.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoxard - with mentalism your main use is to play power with mods. You will keep the group perma full. Thats major use without anything else. But yes I can see your problem, only agonise and panic charge are good dmg in ment really. No idea on the deer, not something I did.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Just to clarify, my suggestion in general (GK or elsewhere) is to look for someone else to duo with *before* going to the dungeon. Two people unable to solo make the beginning of a group able to duo. This can be done in the global or help chat while doing something else. There is no shame in asking, and for every group of 2 or 6, there is someone that dared starting it.

As for Deer/Mentalism, I've never tried this combo but it sounds decent if not built to DPS. The fact that Deer can't perform as tank certainly doesn't help, of course. But remember, in every group, with no exception, there is always one that performs the best and one that performs the worst. And a group of five with you (the reader of this) is better than a group of five without.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's an interesting problem - that support abilities that play out in longer combats don't really work in group nova play and that gear that specializes in group support skills is really, really useless outside of that one niche.

Hmm.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hardest part of Fort Gazluk is finding the time to go through it. It's become a "weekend dungeon." It can easily take around 4 hours to do one portion of the dungeon because, 1) the time it just takes to gather there, and 2) the pace we take to move through it safely. The last 5 runs I've done have consisted of just doing half of the top half of the first floor before everyone is either dead or done. Fort Gazluk just isn't fun anymore for me right now.

I'd like to see hook shot revived, and also a higher drop rate of keys.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Niph suggested some shortcuts because you are right, it takes too long to do a run, even a partial one. In which time you have to clear the same area twice in some cases. I run it more than on weekends but I get really burnt out if I do more than 4 runs per week. It's hard to pass cause it's good cash and it's fun with the right group but it really requires a player to be glued to the computer for 3-4 hours with very short breaks.
    Imho hook shot removal is fine cause now we have to run with a real puller and be more disciplined with nukes and positioning. Keys yes, maybe require 1 or 2 instead of 3 they really don't drop that often anymore.
    Last edited by Khaylara; 04-18-2017 at 04:11 PM.

Thread Footer