Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting started with Alchemy?

What's the best way to get alchemy up quick for a new player? I'm wanting to pickup Battle Chem and I hear I gotta get 50 alchemy first.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Some recipes i found useful while leveling alchemy:
    - Bone Meal
    - Bleeding Speed Potion
    - Electricity Resistance Potion
    - Thick Cranium Lotion
    - Agonizing Speed Potion
    - Pure Pineal Juice
    - Enhanced Cranium Powder
    - Strong Electricity Resistance Potion
    - Dangerous Poisoned Knife
    - Enhanced Pineal Juice
    - Willpower Gel
    - Cranium Balm

Sun Vale Work Order board is nice too once you get some levels.

All roads lead to Rome, though. Just doing whatever recipes you happen to have the ingredients for will probably be the fastest (if not most economical) way.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Also try to do each recipe you learn at least once, so you can get the first time bonus.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds good. Thanks for the tips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe. Once I got my skull extractor, I leveled to 40 in alchemy almost exclusively by turning bone into bone meal.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Start with skulls to bonemeal but be aware after the spamming nerf you can't use that to get very high anymore.

One of the poison knives as a recipe drop can really help you : lvl 20 - Modest Poison knife.

Milk, giant spider leg, sugar, dirt = 80 xp on repeat. You can sell the knives or gift them to rick snapley (who is an underused vendor).

If you are planning on raising alchemy on an a new fairy alt I would suggest:

lvl 25 - Weak Acidic Cleanser. This is 100 xp per craft and gives you acid you will need for leveling jewelcrafting.

lvl 29 - Expert Caustic Ink. This is 116 xp per craft and gives you a product for carpentry industry. Note this is a drop recipe.

lvl 30 - Willpower Gel. This is 120 xp per craft and gives you a product to can combine again for more xp.

Bottle of Water, Beet, Parasol Mushroom flakes.

lvl 30 - Enhanced Pineal Juice. This is 120 per craft and gives you something you can turn in for faction to Gorvessa/Yalox.

Brain 3x, Milk, Beet, Willpower Gel. When you combine the Wilpower Gel/Enhanced Pineal Juice there is no bottle loss.

Lvl 45 - Coldrend potion. This is 180 xp per craft and gives you a potion you can sell or gift for faction. Note the bottle loss.

Ice Core, Sulphur, Fertilizer. Be aware this is a Hang Out recipe.

Lvl 40 - Iocaine Suspension.

This one takes planning - note that the second moon phase for Iocaine Mushrooms is about to end. You can make some Iocaine power with alchemy and then combo that for some Mycology XP with the Powder to make some poisoned food. I believe that food will give you many foods for Gourmand as well as giving you the Iocaine death xp.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glythe View Post
    You can make some Iocaine power with alchemy and then combo that for some Mycology XP with the Powder to make some poisoned food. I believe that food will give you many foods for Gourmand as well as giving you the Iocaine death xp.
    Pretty sure that iocaine foods don't give gourmand xp.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Glythe View Post
    Start with skulls to bonemeal but be aware after the spamming nerf you can't use that to get very high anymore.
    What was the Spamming nerf?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentBbrian View Post
    What was the Spamming nerf?
    It's a level nerf. If you're a high-level character crafting a low-level recipe, it won't give you the normal amount of XP but a reduced one. So, you can't spam easy recipes to skip high-level recipes anymore.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    So, you can't spam easy recipes to skip high-level recipes anymore.
    Well, you can, you just have to spam more of them. (I guess at some point the reduction may bring them down to zero xp, but until then you can).

And considering some alchemy recipes are so profitable i continue to spam them long after i maxed out alchemy, it's not really such a deterrent.

Thread Footer