Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We've patched a bug that caused some bosses to be unable to spawn portals (or do other things) when they die.

There's another bug I've seen reported a couple times which I can't reproduce in a development environment: some people are seeing no clue-runes in War Caches, the little plates are just empty. If this happens to you, please try relogging and seeing if that fixes it. And whether or not that fixes it, please let us know in a bug report! Please report the results of your experiment whether it fixes it or not. That'll help me understand what sort of problem it is. Thanks!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbaums View Post
    One thing I am looking forward for is drinking and tanking. The only people that I've seen drink so far just do it to raise the skill or just dabble in the art of booze. No commitment from these folks! I was going to mess around with some beers to raise my armor by ~200, but I think melee avoidance buff is going to be much more interesting. The downside is... if I maintain a buzz for an entire dungeon the shakes debuff might become an issue (as it should).
    On this off-topic subject, I have max Alcohol Tolerance, and currently my buffer of choice would be a +86 Armor from a barrel of Bourbon, but it only lasts 15mn and is not sustainable without adding several layers of drunkiness cure. I don't consider the buff worth the trouble of sustaining it, or even having it for a boss fight unless the fight is planned (since it takes an inventory slot to carry the barrel). Maybe this option will be more attractive in the future.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cozycats View Post
    My suggestion again is to lower the required levels on the lower ends of the events so that people under level 50 in combat skills do not have to be carried thru every dungeon.
    In the grand scheme of things, players spend infinitely more time with a combat skill maxed then not. With that in mind it seems like a massive waste of time to cater experiences to what will I evitabley an extremely small minority of players.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    On this off-topic subject...
    Y'know, its a little on topic and a little off topic. These are all skills that share an ecosystem of sorts. Alcohol has a really good drug-curse, I'm hoping with beer I can get away with using the sober-up skill every so often I can manage using at least 2-clicks of Hegemony Lager long term in GK. When you look at it like, you are 30-levels above bourbon and you get wrecked, I imagine I'll find myself needing to be selective with my sips.

Random idea:Maybe Eric should add PCP or bath salts causing the player to yell at people and remove articles of clothing at random.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My argument is that new and lower level players LIKE to be able to participate in these events. Many players during the events I have participated in have complained in chat about their being too low leveled to do any part of many of these quests by themselves. I myself find that even my combat skills running between 40 and 50 can not handle anything involving most of the Serbule dungeons alone. Many of us like to take our time leveling everything including non-combat skills because we are in it for the journey and not the destination and boredom after maxing everything quickly.

When low level players become a "extremely small minority of players", I think our Dev's and Admin's will start worrying about the longevity of the game because if there are no new players the game has died.
    That isn't how it works. You could have a constant stream of new players. They will all still spend significantly more time at level 50+ then they ever will below that. You can attempt to demonize it all you like, but mathematically, I am simply correct.

If they wish to participate in higher level events, all they need to do is group up with higher level players.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coglin View Post
    That isn't how it works. You could have a constant stream of new players. They will all still spend significantly more time at level 50+ then they ever will below that. You can attempt to demonize it all you like, but mathematically, I am simply correct.
    According to the developers, most players quit before reaching level 50, so that means the majority of players spend zero time at level 50+.

The vast majority of players in any MMORPG quit during the leveling process. In fact, games in general tend to lose more than half their players between 1-2 months, so this isn't really out of the ordinary. It's a big reason why MMORPGS nowadays try to push faster leveling so much.
    Last edited by Yaffy; 06-28-2019 at 01:37 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just want to say LOVE LOVE LOVE the gardening almanac and gardening bonuses! Thank you, this made me log back into the game honestly LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, I'm not super qualified because I've never been able to put a full gear set together (So far, I have avoided accepting handouts/being carried through GK), but the UA nerf doesn't seem too bad. (Also, wow, I realized that I'm at 1000 hours in game, 7-ish months at level cap, and still trying to grind for a first gear set. I deserve an Ormorek-Scouts Persistence Merit Badge.)

The only thing that jumped out at me was, why add a mod to the already overloaded Main Hand slot, when other slots seem relatively underused? (Looking at Feet and Off Hand slots in particular and thinking, "Red is good enough. I could live without the rest of the available UA/psych mods there.")

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to agree been playing testing way before Gaz was a thought in this game . I've never had totally full yellow gear on any max char . ( in fact have deleted at least 3 max chars . I'm not a crafter by any means ( hate it ) lol . I have survived exceled in this game . This game has always been my go to , great game lots of enjoyment .
    I am ecstatic that we now know which gifts to give , to many things to many gifts . ( nice to know what's naughty or nice ) . no complaints in fact I think everyone should give it a go . Besides Where else can you Naa , Rii , Moo , and whatever else there is . A game fully worth playing /testing .
    I do believe that perhaps , loot should not only be best at the crafting level . many ways to the end

Ps. Edit , Never in any game in the last 30 odd years have I experienced such a great developers interaction with their players .. Great Job Citan , srand , silvonis and all the helpers this is what makes sustainability within a game . KOODOO'S to all .
    Last edited by Sheawanna; 07-04-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Changing Sonic to Nature for bat and bard which has many mobs with immunities vs nature may be a drastic nerf to the 2 skill sets. Bat already has several skills that have no effect on certain mob types and I think that those same types already have immunities to nature so that is probably a double whammy to bat and a hefty hit to bard.
    I completely agree. I can no longer survive (leave alone enjoy or thrive) as a Bard. As a druid-bard, I'm stuck essentially with Nature + Nature dmg and the results have been pretty discouraging already. The aesthetics and gameplay experience of bard sonic damage were so unique to this game -- one of the reasons why I feel in love with PG. Is there anyway devs could reconsider bringing it back?

Thank you.

Thread Footer