Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion: add a new path to unlock blacksmithing

I would like to see a new path to unlocking blacksmithing. I have a new char who is a full time animal form and my intention was to have them be an animal from the start. I knew there would be limitations most of which I accepted, but having 25 armor-patching be the only path to blacksmithing is a rough one.

I'm not actually that concerned with blacksmithing itself as this is an alt that I knew would be stunted BUT with armor patching being the only path that means armor patching is a requirement for: Blacksmithing, ToolCrafting, Weapon Augmentation, and Jewelry Augmentation which is a lot to put behind a single skill that requires humanoid form.

I get that it won't take me long to un-bat, power level armor patching, get blacksmithing, and re-bat, but it takes away a bit of the fantasy for me. I'm fine not having sigil scripting, spells from tradeskills, having to use illusion WoP to talk to certain humanoids, and not being able to chop wood - that stuffs easy, but not being able to unlock two augmentation skills and toolcrafting is rough.

Perhaps Kodan could teach the base if you meet some requirement since he already unlocks it to higher levels?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Kodan actually teach blacksmithing recipes or just future armor smithing recipes? My possibly incorrect impression is that I was able to learn certain blacksmithing recipes from Tadion only, so leveling up blacksmithing once unlocked would still be difficult to impossible without talking to Tadion repeatedly.

I never realized that blacksmithing is required for so many different, important skills - ow. I agree that blacksmithing should be either more accessible to animals or less required.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Taga - it would definitely be inconvenient to level blacksmithing without talking to Tadion, but you can use illusions to that end, but armor patching cannot be leveled without hands so you can't get to the blacksmithing unlock without getting 25 levels in armor patching as a humanoid.

I see what you mean that Kodan's recipes are probably future armor smithing so him unlocking BS will probably change. Maybe in future animal towns there will be a sensible trainer for animal BS.

Also, if Tadion required 25 armorsmithing OR something else that would resolve the issue.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The glowing sphere gives some armor patching XP upon completing a quest, repeatable iirc. How would that work for you? Reaching level 25 would be achieved completing that quest 6 times.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    corpse talking give xp to many skill even if u are animal so there are few alternative way but very long i uncomfortable

Animal forms are CURSES argg read dictionary to know what this word mean

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Niph View Post
    The glowing sphere gives some armor patching XP upon completing a quest, repeatable iirc. How would that work for you? Reaching level 25 would be achieved completing that quest 6 times.
    Oh duh! I didn't think about this - looks like I won't be un-batting after all!!! Thanks @Niph

And @Vish - I get that animal forms are curses (and I also know what that means, but thanks for the suggestion...), but for the most part they are not completely locked out of skills in the caliber of augmentation. It can be inconvenient as hell to get them, but they're not impossible. Corpse talking and notus records I guess is a path, but that's like saying gender studies has been implemented. Though I'll definitely take the Maligno route.

But I was thinking in the vein of rabbits being able to unlock ice magic without fire magic - I don't need armor patching and I don't _really_ need blacksmithing, but the augmentation lockouts would've been a tough one to make a start to finish end game ready animal and I was/am suggesting an alternate route.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deldaron View Post
    I would like to see a new path to unlocking blacksmithing. I have a new char who is a full time animal form and my intention was to have them be an animal from the start. I knew there would be limitations most of which I accepted, but having 25 armor-patching be the only path to blacksmithing is a rough one.

I'm not actually that concerned with blacksmithing itself as this is an alt that I knew would be stunted BUT with armor patching being the only path that means armor patching is a requirement for: Blacksmithing, ToolCrafting, Weapon Augmentation, and Jewelry Augmentation which is a lot to put behind a single skill that requires humanoid form.

I get that it won't take me long to un-bat, power level armor patching, get blacksmithing, and re-bat, but it takes away a bit of the fantasy for me. I'm fine not having sigil scripting, spells from tradeskills, having to use illusion WoP to talk to certain humanoids, and not being able to chop wood - that stuffs easy, but not being able to unlock two augmentation skills and toolcrafting is rough.

Perhaps Kodan could teach the base if you meet some requirement since he already unlocks it to higher levels?
    Um no you reap what you sow you want to be a animal player you get the full package, you get all the pros and cons

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I was wrong about ToolCrafting - it's blacksmithing or carpentry which mean only blacksmithing and weapon aug would be blocked, but @Niph was right - this wasn't really blocked I just hadn't thought about the Maligno route >< my bad

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I support your suggestion. This quest is out of the way, it can't really be considered an alternate solution imo. You're just lucky it exists.

Thread Footer