Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grouping and skill "levels"

In most games, character levels have an affect on grouping, in that if the level difference is too great there is an XP or item loss.

Is there anything of the sort in P:G in relation to skill levels? Meaning if I play a ton more than my husband, and my skills therefor become vastly higher than his, will that affect our grouping/gameplay in any way? I usually end up having to make separate characters to play with and without him to keep the levels the same, but I've never enjoyed this very much as invariably I end up with more investment on my "solo" character. And then I don't want to play the lower one with him. Will I have that problem here?

My apologies if this has been answered somewhere and I've missed it.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At this point, anyone can party with anyone without limitations. What you can do if you want to keep your skill levels close to your husband is use what you want solo then when he's on you can switch to another weapon skillset and level that up with him.

Hope that helps.
    That's MrWhiskers to you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see. I don't think I will do that though, as gear mods seem to be somewhat loosely based on your equipped skills. So far, at least. I imagine as we play more and become more familiar with the game I can make a more informed decision as to what I want to do.

Thanks very much for your reply.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eikona View Post
    Ah, I see. I don't think I will do that though, as gear mods seem to be somewhat loosely based on your equipped skills.
    This is definitely true, but you may also want to level up some combat skills other than your two main ones, at least a little, for the synergy levels:
    http://projectgorgon.com/wiki/Synergy_Levels

In some cases, it also helps to have a second skillset to deal with mobs that are immune to one of your most-often-used damage types, or for utility like sprint boosts.

Just a little additional food for thought. Have fun out there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, very interesting. Thank you.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I recommend just leveling crafting skills They really do make the game much more easy and fun (imo). Plus you can use them to help your husband as well! Or just to make yourself far stronger than he is
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post
    I recommend just leveling crafting skills They really do make the game much more easy and fun (imo). Plus you can use them to help your husband as well! Or just to make yourself far stronger than he is
    This had actually been my intention, and is what I usually focus on. But to craft, I need materials... and at early levels at least, this usually means going out and killing them, or killing the monsters that try to eat me while I harvest. I asked the initial question actually with this in mind, will it matter if I level up my combat skills while out hunting materials for crafting?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hmm...Well around level 30 or 40, the experience required to level up jumps. If you're farming and levelling a crafting skill at low levels, the XP you get shouldn't advance your character's combat levels quickly. And if you see yourself getting too far above your husband, you could begin levelling 2 new combat skills or just level up Industry.

There *IS* a potion for this. But I don't recommend farming the mats to make it just to stay at an even level with your husband. Memory Inhibitor negates any XP you'd normally receive by 100%. The reason I don't recommend it is that it lasts only 1 hour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting again ... what is the standard use for such a potion? Are there lots of people like me, or is it just intended as an option because options are good?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I think its just included because options are good. You can make challenges with them as well. For example: lvl 15/15 any two combat skills, which build can kill Gajus? Then ppl chug that potion to stay at 15 while they attempt.

Thread Footer