Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It might just be me, but I find it really difficult to tell the difference between the swordsman icon for unread posts, and no unread posts on the main forum page. I notice a slight brightening on the unread posts icon but seems kind of hard to notice. Maybe if the sword was in a different position or maybe had a glow or blood on it just something to make it easier to tell when there are unread posts.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, I found some other things.
    - When you conduct a conversation between two people on a profile page, the text is still capitalized, and is pretty small.
    - Once you add someone as a friend, the "My Activity" tab under "My Profile" will display all of their forum posts (which is fine and can be toggled) in extremely small text, also in full caps (the size part is the issue).
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Perhaps I missed it in the previous posts, and it's a minor issue anyway... If you look at a new thread entry, then return to the previous page in the browser, it shows all threads and the one you just read is still displayed as new. It's expected, and if you refresh the page, the thread title is correctly displayed as "read".

However, if instead you browse to the previous page again, this time showing the main forum page, and refresh, the forum still indicates there are new threads (even if you've read them all). It will only acknowledge you have read a thread if you refresh the correct forum page, not the main page, which is weird (and minor).

This on Google Chrome, in case it matters.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would really prefer it if either the header was much smaller, or the "Welcome to Project Gorgon" box only showed up on the initial forum index page. With my display settings, the header information takes up my entire monitor screen, and having to scroll down a whole page whenever I go to a new forum, or a new subforum, or a new thread, or the next page in the current thread becomes irritating very quickly. (And confusing when I see a prompt telling me to log in but no login box anywhere on my current screen because it's all header.) I like the idea of updating the box with current news, but I really think it would be just fine to only have it on the main forum page.

I'd also really like something like the Thank You feature from the old forums.

Oh, and I like the new font.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    1) The homepage style doesn't match the new forum.
    2) It seems to 'update' read/unread posts pretty slowly. I can read all the New Posts, go back to the main page, and still all the forum sections that the new posts were in are still highlighted.
    3) Ticker on the homepage still shows the old forum, the very first thing says "Forums Closed -- Read Only". I imagine it could be offputting for new players.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @Silvonis
    Can an emoticon be add to the selectable icon ones.

Is it possible to get an icon for this :| or :-| Emoticon Straight face, no expression, indecision ?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    @Silvonis
    Can an emoticon be add to the selectable icon ones.

Is it possible to get an icon for this :| or :-| Emoticon Straight face, no expression, indecision ?
    Please add a Devil Face. Lately I have found myself needing that one a lot here.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hrm..on a more serious note, when I view the forum on my mobile (Firefox), the twitter feed widget seems to function correctly. However, in Firefox (Linux) none of the tweets populate. Chrome, on the other hand, displays them perfectly. This is a minor compatibility issue.
    Last edited by Hood; 01-28-2017 at 07:38 AM. Reason: sorry for the double post
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #39
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I have added some additional custom code to allow members to minimize the 'Welcome Box' at the top of the forum by clicking the arrow in the upper right corner of the box. It will remain collapsed until the user uncollapses it or until I manually uncollapse it system wide for important announcements. I would highly recommend those who choose to minimize the window check it periodically for updates as we will not be responsible if you miss out on something cool.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really Nice!

Thread Footer