Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the hookshot change and the loot changes amount to making the higher level game forced group only.. i prefer choice,, i group extensively with guildies, but i still want a choice,, forcing it gets my downvote

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by takatoka View Post
    the hookshot change and the loot changes amount to making the higher level game forced group only.. i prefer choice,, i group extensively with guildies, but i still want a choice,, forcing it gets my downvote
    That's false. You are still not forced to group, even at a higher level. Hook shot/grappling web were not and the only way to pull a single target from a pack, and that still remains true.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SassySusie View Post
    I like to talk to them and inform them this is what they are doing. If I get a smart ass reply or a basic kiss my ass response then I will bother the Devs with it. But they really do have enough to deal with.

Respect is all it takes sometimes. I think this loot system can work well if people would show a bit of respect and courtesy.
    Its been my experience when players are doing what you described they know EXACTLY what they are doing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aedorn View Post
    That's false. You are still not forced to group, even at a higher level. Hook shot/grappling web were not and the only way to pull a single target from a pack, and that still remains true.
    I solo all the time in Gaz....

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would of offered the help if it were not for the running in and hitting once and then running out and hiding around the corner without saying anything at all to me
    I was wondering... Maybe they were expecting to pull him out of the other mobs?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Today on my run I was at Khyrulek, doing my normal routine, go in and mez Khyrulek and kill everything else and then kill Khyrulek when someone leveling up something comes in and hits the boss while I am clearing out the room. Due to the new loot system you can only guess what happened, yep a yellow lock appeared over its head. The player who hit it once ran back outside the door and was waiting for me to kill it. Well I had everything else dead and wished him luck and left. But it was classified as his kill already and he did no damage.
    In this case, it would seem a simple fix would be to make mesmerize loot lock the target. I find it a bit strange that it doesn't -- perhaps this was an oversight?
    Last edited by alleryn; 03-29-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who doesn't "do" guilds, these changes are making me less inclined to play. I don't think I've seen any public dungeon groups forming in chat since the update due to the reduced group size, and solo is a slog for anyone who isn't rolling with min-maxed gear/skills.

There's no incentive to form small casual groups outside of group dungeons. If you are successfully soloing, the only thing you get out of forming a group is less EXP and loot.

So all this did was make both situations worse for casual/new players.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobLocke View Post
    ... and solo is a slog for anyone who isn't rolling with min-maxed gear/skills.
    I'd disagree with that part. I've never bothered much with my gear ( don't think I've done a single transmute yet, or applied an aug), and I'm having great fun soloing.

Hm, I might as well use this opportunity to give some feedback on a months-old patch: The Gazluk caves are fuuuun. I spent a few hours recently trying to get the No-Name cave mapped out and had a great time. I like that the caves in Gazluk seem to have different difficulty levels and that the No-Name cave was quite a step up from the wolf/barghest cave. The main reason I haven't been spending more time in those caves is that they are pretty out of the way and that I don't always feel like dealing with my inventory afterwards, but actually running them is a very fun experience.

Ok, you can go back to talking about the March 25 update and grouping now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what are the other ways to pull a single target from a pack?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    what are the other ways to pull a single target from a pack?
    My guess is they were referring to just getting into detection range of 1 mob and then luring it further away by running once they are chasing you. A risky and sometime nearly impossible to execute method.

Thread Footer