Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

New GUI: Recipes

chill and I came up with some suggestions for crafting reorganization and new features.

• make it possible to link any Recipe as a activatable ability in the sidebar. Include a display on the icon of how many times that recipe can be completed with the mats which are in the players inventory. Ex: Recall Circle (99) button on sidebar. Amazing Evasion Leggings (10) on sidebar.
    • add a recipe search bar to the Recipes window, allowing players to search for specific recipes or even all recipes which use "mushrooms", for example.
    • add a Most Used tab to the Recipes Window

Let me know what you think
    Last edited by Hood; 12-05-2017 at 03:59 AM.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ----------
    Last edited by chill; 04-06-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hood View Post

• add a recipe search bar to the Recipes window, allowing players to search for specific recipes or even all recipes which use "mushrooms", for example.
    • add a Most Used tab to the Recipes Window

I really like both of these ideas. I've been wishing for a recipe search for a while now, especially for those pesky recipes like mushroom suspensions where I can never quite remember which skill they actually belong to.

I'm envisioning the "Most Used" tab as a Bookmarks/Favorites tab where players can bookmark recipes of their own choosing. ( As opposed to the game selecting the "most used" recipes based on what a player's been doing which I don't think would work out all that well since I at least don't see the need to bookmark the shoddy leather roll recipe...)

I'd use a bookmark tab like that both to mark recipes I commonly use, like Recall Circle and even the Moonphase check, and also to track recipes that I'm trying to make and that require assorted subrecipes. So, if I wanted to make a masterwork arrow, I'd bookmark that recipe, then the masterwork arrowheads, weak acidic cleanser, masterwork arrow shafts, potent acidic cleanser and elegant fletchings. That would save me a lot of time shuffling back and forth between different skills as I actually make the items.
    (My original suggestion to reduce shuffling was to remember which particular recipe I last clicked on for each skill, but I actually like the idea of just bookmarking the specific recipes I want much better.)

The bookmark tab could also include the number of items that can currently be made.

I'm not convinced about adding recipes to the sidebar. If we can get a recipes bookmark tab, I'd be perfectly happy clicking on Recipes first and then picking the bookmarked recipe that I want to use. I don't really use any recipe frequently enough that I'd want it on the sidebar.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ----------
    Last edited by chill; 04-06-2018 at 12:37 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like recipes to hotlink through the book. So if it says it needs X item and you have a recipe for it, double-clicking the item should send you to that recipe, or at least to select it in the sidebar so you can select the one you want.

Basically, the recipe book should be a browser ^-^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it's an interesting idea, and also a bar for bacon and potions which are usable from inventory would be nice (inventory takes too much space in combat). Anyway if you know what ingredients the recipe takes you can get to it easily from the new More Info on item -> Recipes -> click on it

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    I would like recipes to hotlink through the book. So if it says it needs X item and you have a recipe for it, double-clicking the item should send you to that recipe, or at least to select it in the sidebar so you can select the one you want.

Basically, the recipe book should be a browser ^-^
    Yes, I quite like that too. Then of course we also need a Back button, so we can go back to the previous recipe...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erthiel View Post
    I think it's an interesting idea, and also a bar for bacon and potions which are usable from inventory would be nice (inventory takes too much space in combat). Anyway if you know what ingredients the recipe takes you can get to it easily from the new More Info on item -> Recipes -> click on it
    Erth ive probably just misunderstood you or the game has changed from how it used to be but.....can't you drag bacon/potions to the sidebar right now and use them from there?

Im also a HUGE fan of the bookmark idea!!!
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bookmarks would be great...

...But how about some quest integration? Like, the list of bookmarks shows items needed by quests that you have recipes for?

I often find I forget all the quests/work orders I have open while I'm digging through the recipes.

Maybe bookmarks could be like self-made work-orders?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erthiel View Post
    ...also a bar for bacon and potions which are usable from inventory would be nice (inventory takes too much space in combat)
    That's what the side-bar is for. We already have that ^-^

It would be nice to have a non-combat bar, tho. Maybe it could fade out during combat?

Thread Footer