Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

General Forum Issues

I figure there might as well be a general thread for smaller questions and issues. It seems silly to start a new thread for each of them.

- I feel like I'm Buddy the Elf when I post. Why am I shouting in caps?
    - The "Referrer" option when creating an account prevents you from creating an account when you enter the name of a user not already registered on these forums.
    - The process for changing avatars seems really unintuitive. One would think that "My Profile" would allow for edits to be made, but that's all on the separate "Settings" page.
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeh i agrre on avatar thing. Took me a while to find it. Also manualy re-siszing image - not sure why, i always used the same image for my avatar, and never had to resize it manualy (even on old forum).

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNotus View Post
    I figure there might as well be a general thread for smaller questions and issues. It seems silly to start a new thread for each of them.

- I feel like I'm Buddy the Elf when I post. Why am I shouting in caps?
    - The "Referrer" option when creating an account prevents you from creating an account when you enter the name of a user not already registered on these forums.
    - The process for changing avatars seems really unintuitive. One would think that "My Profile" would allow for edits to be made, but that's all on the separate "Settings" page.
    1. You can't be referred by someone who is not a member, that is working properly.
    2. The font is a design choice.
    3. Changing your avatar is really simple, and is probably only an issue until you get use to the new software. To change your avatar, click the "settings" button in the upper left hand corner. Then scroll down to "My Settings" on the left bar and click "Edit Avatar".

As far as having to resize your avatar, the dimensions are stated on the edit page and it is required in order to maintain a uniform avatar size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overall, it looks great!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    1. You can't be referred by someone who is not a member, that is working properly.
    2. The font is a design choice.
    3. Changing your avatar is really simple, and is probably only an issue until you get use to the new software. To change your avatar, click the "settings" button in the upper left hand corner. Then scroll down to "My Settings" on the left bar and click "Edit Avatar".

As far as having to resize your avatar, the dimensions are stated on the edit page and it is required in order to maintain a uniform avatar size.
    Well, i agree taht changign avatar is simnple, its mor eliek findign hwo to do it is a bit confusing. At least at first. Well mayeb add thsi info to FAQ when its ready.

About resiszing - well only thing i wa ssuprised was that i had to resize image manualy. Liek i said, it never happened before. Not that its some big issue, just tough i point it out.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I've added "How do I change my Avatar?" to the FAQ. Thanks all.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, I see the design choice. Nevertheless, it's hard to read. It's not just about the caps, it's about the word spacing and the fact that the actual caps are not "cappy" enough. Sure, you're stylistically exciting, but you're gonna find a lot of people will not bother to read any of it. Personally, I'll be making a copy of any long post and moving it elsewhere to be re-formatted for reading.

WHEN THERE ARE ENOUGH POSTS HERE AND YOU SEE THE MAGNITUDE OF READING THIS TEXT, THERE MIGHT BE ANOTHER ANSWER TO THE STYLE QUESTION. ALSO, THE FIGURE GROUND ISSUES COMPOUND THE ISSUES WITH THE TEXT. BROWN ON BROWN IS VERY LUSCIOUS, BUT IT IS TAXING IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE ALL CAPS FONT. I SAY PICK ONE, NOT BOTH. FOR EXAMPLE, YOU HAVE A VERY DIVERSE AUDIENCE, MANY WHO ARE OLDER AND MANY FOR WHOM ENGLISH IS NOT THEIR FIRST LANGUAGE--IT'S STILL WORTH CONSIDERING ALLOWING HAVING A WAY TO OPT OUT OF THIS TEXTUAL STYLE.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I personally don't like the 2 marked areas on the screenshot. They take up too much space. They are everywhere and have basically no relevant information after you look at them once. The logo could be moved a bit. Every time I click on a link I see exactly what is on the screen shot. First time I came to this page I clicked on something and wondered why nothing is happening only to realise, to see what I was looking for, I have to scroll down.

forum's limit of 97.7 KB for this filetype (jpeg) - that's quite low for images, took me a while to shrink the size...

gg.jpg

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erthiel View Post
    I personally don't like the 2 marked areas on the screenshot. They take up too much space. They are everywhere and have basically no relevant information after you look at them once. The logo could be moved a bit. Every time I click on a link I see exactly what is on the screen shot. First time I came to this page I clicked on something and wondered why nothing is happening only to realise, to see what I was looking for, I have to scroll down.

forum's limit of 97.7 KB for this filetype (jpeg) - that's quite low for images, took me a while to shrink the size...

gg.jpg
    Thanks for your feedback. I have disabled file attachments completly as images can be hosted on a third party site like Imgur. I appreciate your style related feedback, but both parts referenced serve a function. The main logo is scaled down when compared to a lot of similar websites, but that area also features the search box - which is an important function of the site. The 'Welcome' box can and will feature important updates as we move forward. Thanks again for your feedback.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the sword on the page tab for my browser. Also, I had no problem setting up an avatar or linking my steam account. Thx!

Thread Footer