Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn Yaffy always posts those wall of texts someone should make a bot that examines the text of a Yaffi's comment and makes a TL;DR version. Cool to see citan giving some love to more niche mods such as the reflection ones.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad that Fire Bolts was changed. Would rather have seen Fire Wall get completely nixed instead of revamped, or Defensive Burst. Glad there was a little damage love for the skill overall. Excited to explore new content, but haven't had a chance to get in yet.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    The damage formula change is something I'm pretty conflicted about. On one hand it's great to make it simpler to avoid future issues and so it's more obvious how it works to players, but on the other hand I feel like it might be a bit too simple now and it takes the fun out of theory crafting a bit. That's just a personal thing for me though.

One issue I have with the damage formula change for sure though is the effect it has on modifiers that increase damage from a specific damage type. Because of the change, many boosts to damage type bonus are weak now and I feel like it hurts the game's balance overall. Additionally, these damage type bonuses were a major reason to make specific builds around a certain damage type.

For example, spring fairy armor is incredibly weak armor wise, but it gave a large bonus to elemental damage due to this bonus being at the end of the damage formula. This bonus was very important to lightning damage builds such as Hammer/Mentalism, which didn't have great damage in the first place due to not having great bonuses on mods, and was a fair trade off for having very low armor. Now however, spring fairy armor is incredibly weak and hardly worth the armor trade off at all. Because of most of Hammer/Mentalism's damage mods being % based, the bonus from spring fairy armor doesn't stack at all and it seriously hurts the idea of using it as a damage build. This is just one example as well, tailoring's enhanced elemental damage, abilities dedicated to boosting damage types like Way of the Hammer, and skills like calligraphy are also much weaker as well as the builds based around them.
    I mean at least now its not so complicated and its more lazy friendly not to bother crafting the other junk now im half serous on that note dont have to think as much since the buffs pretty much do nothing anymore

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Molten Veins ability seems a bit short lived. If it is going to live on the main ability bar, then you want to get your money's worth. That could mean activating it 6 times a minute. Somehow feels a bit high maintenance. I'd prefer a 20 second run time with less damage, or a longer cool down of 30 or whatever makes sense. I may not have used it enough yet though.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zirker View Post
    Damn Yaffy always posts those wall of texts someone should make a bot that examines the text of a Yaffi's comment and makes a TL;DR version. Cool to see citan giving some love to more niche mods such as the reflection ones.
    I'd love to make my posts shorter, but I feel like if I don't explain in heavy detail it might not get taken seriously. I mean it's one thing to say "Change this because it's good/bad", but it's another thing to explain with evidence why something it's good or bad. I feel like I have more success convincing others with my posts when I lay out the math behind my reasoning.

Plus, Citan even said it himself before. I was complaining about dangerous weapons being overpowered, and he said that he was tired of hearing of people just saying it was overpowered without explaining where they were getting all the overpowered damage numbers from. Then I made a 2000 word post in response and he seemed to like it a lot more.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaffy View Post
    I'd love to make my posts shorter, but I feel like if I don't explain in heavy detail it might not get taken seriously. I mean it's one thing to say "Change this because it's good/bad", but it's another thing to explain with evidence why something it's good or bad. I feel like I have more success convincing others with my posts when I lay out the math behind my reasoning.

Plus, Citan even said it himself before. I was complaining about dangerous weapons being overpowered, and he said that he was tired of hearing of people just saying it was overpowered without explaining where they were getting all the overpowered damage numbers from. Then I made a 2000 word post in response and he seemed to like it a lot more.
    A on key explanation wish there was a like system on this forums christ thats a good reason lol better then my half ass answering in global why sh** sucks

Hints to necro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cr00cy View Post
    Elite mobs HP change - to be honest, I would prefer if the Damage went down. Many fights with stronger mobs feel like they are luck-based, since you can get killed extremely fast if mobs crit a few times. Right now, we are encouraged to focus on burting down mobs as fast as possible, which I think is not good thing.
    I agree with this.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep in a nutshell but meh if you dish out good single target dps in gk your basicly screwed its all about the build really kinda wish buckle artistry wasnt just for hammer

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was running from Rahu to Gazluk portal and at one point of my run was confused had to stop and look, seems like Pask got rid of some boulders, heh. Looks like lot of empty space maybe some more houses could be added?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where in Rahu is the entrance to the sewers?
    It may have been the bourbon I was drinking last night but I was having a hard time finding it.

Thread Footer