Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Sort button of evil, please remove

So I was happily sorting my 100 surveys today, and upon completion accidentally hit the Sort button on my inventory, nullifying the past hour's work (it takes me an hour to sort 100 surveys, you need not know why).

Please add some sort of option to disable the sort button, or just completely remove it from the game entirely. It never sorts it in a pattern that seems useful, and wreaks havoc with surveys. This is not the first time this has happened to me, nor am I the only player who has had this extremely frustrating problem.

Thank you.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageJavelins View Post
    So I was happily sorting my 100 surveys today, and upon completion accidentally hit the Sort button on my inventory, nullifying the past hour's work (it takes me an hour to sort 100 surveys, you need not know why).

Please add some sort of option to disable the sort button, or just completely remove it from the game entirely. It never sorts it in a pattern that seems useful, and wreaks havoc with surveys. This is not the first time this has happened to me, nor am I the only player who has had this extremely frustrating problem.

Thank you.

Have the same problem, and I never ever use the Sort button. I would love an option to disable it in the Config menus.
    PG IGN: BlueIndigo
    Steam: IndigoShade

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the same problem with the Delete Character button. Had one bad experience with a child pushing buttons and losing a long term character (in another game). And it's soured me ever since. No reason to have that button anywhere near the button you hit to log in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think it's one of the most useful buttons. But I would love more sort options And adding the sort button to all storage spaces :-)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    I have the same problem with the Delete Character button. Had one bad experience with a child pushing buttons and losing a long term character (in another game). And it's soured me ever since. No reason to have that button anywhere near the button you hit to log in.
    Pushing that button won't directly delete a character. If I recall, you are required to answer a question before deletion. It's either type out the character's name, or enter your password. I haven't had to remove an alt in a while, so i forget which.

As an alternative to disabling the sort button, perhaps something to limit the sort to only a single inventory folder, or a pop-up asking how to sort (if options are available in the future).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikhaila View Post
    Yeesh yes I agree to that. And on the same note, we need to have a Switch Character option. I store 80% of my inventory on 3 other mule toons, and having to log out 20-30 times a day to manage inventory, bites.

I'm working my ass off trying to as much storage as possible in Serbule, Serbule Hills and finally Eltibule so I can delete one of those mule toons. Of course, it's more walking, but I tend to forage as I walk, so...

Off Topic: Mikhaila, just wanted to comment and say I've tried selling a bunch of newbie mats (meat, shrooms, fruit, cotton) and with a few exceptions, it all sold fast. Made 100k in 2 days. Of course, I gotta get my supplies back up again to sell anything. But since I forage as much as I do anything else, it's not a bid deal to save a stack of stuff for my own crafting. While I do that, I'm saving other mats to sell, and I plan to set up shop 1-2 times a week, depending on how much I play. Anyways, it's you who inspired me to try this, so thanks! I'm not worrying about funds like I was a week ago.
    PG IGN: BlueIndigo
    Steam: IndigoShade

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erthiel View Post
    I think it's one of the most useful buttons. But I would love more sort options And adding the sort button to all storage spaces :-)
    Seriously? Or was that a joke?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SausageJavelins View Post
    Seriously? Or was that a joke?
    No joke I actually gotten used to how it sorts by item types and price. Whenever I lost sth in that 120slot inventory I sort it to find it. I have inventory organised in folders a each of them neatly sorted. I think it's very useful. If you carry only few types of items or just trash from mobs to sell, you don't need it. I hate when I just can't sort the storage. Who wants to have mushrooms mixed with wood and substrate, if you can have the categories separated and mushrooms sorted by price - finding items there is much faster.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sort is handy when you've lost something in the inventory. Especially if you have folders.

The problem comes when you're trying to manually sort things and... Well, yeah. The sort button has lost me a few things, too. Especially when it doesn't sort them how I expect.

Since we don't need it often, could it be on a pulldown instead of taking up space by itself?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the Sort button and use it often. However, I wouldn't mind if it was a 2-step use instead of a single click, just to reduce the likelihood of someone clicking it by accident. Or maybe there could be 2 buttons - a sort button and an unsort button that restores the inventory to exactly the same state it was in prior to sorting? That might be too much hassle to implement, though.

Thread Footer