Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have lost count how many times I've run the group play dungeons here, It is always fun making new friends and toughing it out together.

Would still say though to be honest my main fun is solo, either trying to solo bosses that are for lower lvl group play, or pushing my lame self around whatever content is available. I find solo farming for mats and raising less used and undergeared skills fun too.

For me I like choices and options the more the better, even if I don't use them others may well.

I agree with whats said above, just cause others are out there with you does not make it necessary to team up unless you want to.

Some like solo play, others are afraid they will screw up an hour run by doing something dumb, been there done that plenty.

Also telling others that the way they play is wrong and they should go elsewhere frankly sucks.
    All play styles should be welcome.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The success of this game has been catering to a niche audience who want hardcore mmo's, the type where you can't get endgame gear without cooperative play.

This game can't hold a candle to current mmo's in graphics and combat, so if they try to grab the casuals too they would be fighting with their weakness. They are a mom and pop crew, they cannot compete against mmo's with millions in funding.

If you were a fish, would you try to come onto land and fight it out with the lions and tigers?

If they cater to the soyboys who want everything given to them by playing single player, then they would be REDUCING THE ONLY AUDIENCE THIS GAME CAN GET.

If they did your idea, it wouldnt be the nail in the coffin, but it would be driving away their target demographic little by little.

PS: If on launch all mob hp and dmg was increased by 50%, it would be even more successful. If the game was even more horrific for casuals, it would only bring in more of the audience that are jaded by these loot box mmo's, which as i've pointed out IS PROJECT GORGONS ONLY POSSIBLE AUDIENCE.
    Last edited by overtyped; 07-07-2019 at 01:20 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Overtyped, your right.
    MMO's should all be exclusively co-op content. So the entire genre should follow this rule.
    While we're at it, All RPG's should be like Baldurs Gate, All shooters like Wolfenstien, All RTS games like Warcraft or Age of empires, All city builders like Simcity.

Wouldnt the idea of this sort of approach to gaming work out great. Not boring at all.

/Sarcasm off

I really dont know how/what your doing in PG, but 85% of current gameplay IS SOLO. Where are you going that this isnt your activity?
    EVERY overland/outdoor zone, rarely do you see people groupped.
    Anyone gathering/farming materials is not doing so in a full group.
    Even the 'caves' in gazluk are solo content save perhaps some areas of the 'mummy cave'
    Even new content having been released....
    War Caches were released - solo content
    Rahu Sewers was released - solo content

Do you see a pattern here yet?
    Harder group content may yet come, and that'd be great too. It gives people options.

Yet you continue to quibble over a single thread asking for some where, to provide a SMALL chance at delivering some level 70 drops, other than Gazluk Keep.
    Have you been to Gazluk keep? Its a loot train. You've nothing to fear about a solo player out gearing you if your hitting this zone regularly.
    The premise of this thread is a good idea, and brings more people to the nominated areas in 'downtime' of not doing dungeons, which guess what, will have a flow on effect to co-operative play.

Dont attack a person posting a legitimate idea all for your misguided ideology.
    Play whats infront of you and enjoy what is.
    Worry about what might be later, and if you have an idea post it and see how it floats.
    Last edited by Lasc; 07-07-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    Warhaz (Sword/Archery/Psy)
    Aussie Old Farts

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #24
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Well, this thread went off the rails.
    @overtyped: Please remember to keep things civil here. In particular, please stop insulting players like myself who appreciate playing solo content while connecting with a larger community.
    @Lasc: Don't feed the trolls.

Thread Footer