Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And make the world events like in some other games where you automatically get added to the event group once you get into a certain area

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll wait and see how it feels once the bugs are handled, but I'm thinking it is not going to change much. If loot is no longer a real thing with the event and all there is to get is blessings, I think removing the druid xp penalty needs to be considered. If people need blessings they will attend and do the work. If people do not need the blessings they can sit out or help out...it can be their choice. Being forced to do an event whether you need its benefits or not will get really old and stale in the long run.

As far as the loot lock rule goes in general, I'm feeling like that rule should be restricted to inside dungeons only and the open world be left as it was prior.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    I'll wait and see how it feels once the bugs are handled, but I'm thinking it is not going to change much. If loot is no longer a real thing with the event and all there is to get is blessings, I think removing the druid xp penalty needs to be considered. If people need blessings they will attend and do the work. If people do not need the blessings they can sit out or help out...it can be their choice. Being forced to do an event whether you need its benefits or not will get really old and stale in the long run.

As far as the loot lock rule goes in general, I'm feeling like that rule should be restricted to inside dungeons only and the open world be left as it was prior.
    pretty much this, yes there is an obvious bug, but no i dont feel it will change anything. Really of the opinion that dungeons starting at like Yeti or KT or something can have that loot/ party rule but lower lvl dungeons and open world need to have a different more open / loot friendly rule to it.

This goes beyond the druid event, it hampers open world interactions. And god have mercy on any new people coming into PG at this point, on top of everything else now they also have to deal with loot/ party rules in places like crypt? no ty.

Yak

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree the Druid events are starting to get silly. Twice now since the new loot rules came into force, I have attended an event ( 1x south serb and 1 x etibule ) where I have not managed to get tagged on a mob before the end of the ecvent = no blessing for me.
    South serb you had an asshat in the middle of the water AOEing mobs, not causing any damage but locking all the mobs. Then the even tin etible, I arrived about 10 mins in and couldn't find anything to tag / kill.

So many people just tagging 1 mob then just standing round waiting for others to kill it.

Also witht he new loot rule and less loot , it has reduced the amount of non druids helping with the event, as they now get just about nothing in return
    Just another example of how the community spirt is being killed of

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I should add my two cents.

I was at the one of the very first druid event in Kur Mountains shortly after the loot changes went live. Frankly it was a little discouraging. I didn't see people running around mass tagging like others experienced in the later events, but what I did see was multiple druids running around soloing almost every single elemental, while other people just stood around waiting for others to die so that they could get the tag. I tried to get into a group, but sadly did not get invited. In the end after 90 elementals were dead I was able to loot ZERO corpses. I got my blessings and that was OK, but I wanted some loot too!

I have a few suggestions on how to remedy this.

I do not think that open world should return to the previous loot system, I like it how it is. However...

I think that each druid that attends should get ONE piece of level appropriate gear in addition to the blessings for participating in the event.
    -or-
    Participants should get ~10-20% more blessings for completion, and there should be more equipment purchasable with blessings.
    -or-
    There should be a punishment for not participating. example.. if you are online during the entire event you receive a 30 minute -50% exp buff because you are sad you didn't help Dreva or whatever.

As a mid-level player any of those 3 changes would make me want to participate in druid events again.

.. I also wanted to add that I really like the loot changes especially in dungeons
    Last edited by Neferent; 03-28-2017 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Some formatting, little extra description

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I stated before I hate the current druid events, they were nothing but loot pinatas for everyone not just druids. At the time they were implemented we made some suggestions that would be more involving for druids and with dreva blessings only as reward, sorta similar to the lycan quests. Citan's reasoning (which is understandable) is that druid is not a curse therefor it shouldn't be "punished". Having 1x lycanthropy and 2x druid I can say that druid feels more "punished". Weerewolf basically lock me out of the game for 3 days a month, i just plan for it and that's that. Since I got all the bird forms I stopped attending druid events. Yes, I heard we should be punished for not participating. Why? I've been druid for about 2 years and a half, played as one, attended druid events from day one. I put up with no exp daily, without the loot pinatas it really feels like a punishment.

I'm not going to repeat the suggestions again, for those interested search the old forums, there were few interesting ideas there. As general suggestions please consider removing the current mechanic for druid events and implement individual quests given by the druid altar. Druids are not lycans, they don't need a "pack" so they can work towards their goals in a peaceful way like growing plants etc. Imho the current south serbule druid quest is the best, the part where we have to work together to desecrate chests. Please consider removing the elite spawning and lootfest, it really doesn't help anyone.

It removes the incentive for people to run level appropriate dungeons (i.e. getting nice gear from the krakens=one doesn't need to run goblin dungeon for gear). It's creating inflation. Players who got used to the loot pinatas are complaining now cause they get locked out. It doesn't have any druid specific feel to it.

Imo the current type should be replaced with quests like "offer 20 veggies to the altar", "kill 20 pest-like mobs" "grow 20 flowers" which would be branched by levels so everyone could get blessings based on their contribution (for example you's get 6 blessings for growing bluebell and 16 for desert roses but at least lower levels can participate in an involving way and not by leeching). Remove the exp penalty, the players who don't want to be involved simply won't get blessings and that would be their penalty.

The tagging thing is kinda off topic, someone made a suggestion to remove that mechanic from lower level places like crypt or outdoors mobs. Tbh I don't know how simple/complex that is but I had a negative experience, lower level players bringing a train of tagged mobs on me and waiting till i killed them. It only happened once to me but it is a very exploitable feature, exploitable either for loot or for griefing. I don't know what the right thing to do is, maybe limit the mechanic to elites and bosses only and see how that goes.

Just adding this so it doesn't turn into a debate, I don't really care either way, I don't participate in the current druid events anymore, it's a bit of a nuisance having to wait till I can get exp but it's a minor inconvenience for me. The suggestions I made are based on trying to make being a druid more fun/involving for everyone. At the moment it's weighing what's more inconvenient - not having flight or putting up with double daily interruptions.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not a bother when the event happens or that I don't earn any xp, I just don't attend anymore because this events don't really make sense to me as a druid I shouldnot be called to fight lobsters or frost men, what is a druid nemesis how about we stay in caracter and give proper danger to the druid nation, I'm sure there is more important things for the devs amt to work on but I do hope this druid thing does get addressed in a future time.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cratoh View Post
    And make the world events like in some other games where you automatically get added to the event group once you get into a certain area
    That's a pretty good idea, but groups over vast distance is kinda broken. It gives loot rights to group members who aren't there. So there's more that would be needed to be done.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for point of reference, I'm posting this to mark that the hotfix has been applied. We'll see how the next events go.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So just did the Kur druid event. Nothing really changed. Got a couple pieces of loot this time, but was really annoyed that now it's a "tag and drag" fest all over the place. Here I'll tag these 3 elementals and drag them to the main group and let them do the work for me. But this time it was even groups dragging onto groups. I can only see this getting worse when unleashed on a larger scale.

Also, a couple passing thoughts on the "loot piñata" argument: Why exactly is that such a horrible thing? It's a bunch of foraging stuff and a set level of gear drops. For example the droaches drop level 50 gear. Why would that matter so much to a character with level 60/70/etc skills? The gear for them is mostly useless...sure it may help gear some in the 50 skill area but it's not gonna solve anything else beyond that gear-wise. The stuff made great fodder for augmentation practice, favor and allowed some people to put a few councils in their wallet by vendoring it....not everyone in this game is stinkin' rich.

Thread Footer