Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Project Gorgon: Destined to always be 40$?

Just going to keep this question straight forward.

I used to play this game back before it had a price tag and was on Steam. I played it a lot and out of my friend group of like 6 people I was the only one to stick around and play it (Mostly because of difficulty or lack of direction, or just general dislike for the game).

However, ever since PG has come onto Steam and adopted the 40$ price tag, I've been mostly scared off from ever playing this game again.

Call me stingy, but in reality not everyone is blessed or does well financially and its mostly kept me from playing for that exact reason (And I also never have found solid validation in spending that much on PG given how many issues it had.)

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed PG when I played it. The community was awesome, the mechanics were great; but it just sucks to see that there hasn't been much budge on the price tag or any sales (That I've been aware of).

This is just a humble, poor player asking will there ever be a change in the price of the game or sales in the future (If ever?)

Thank you.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It was on sale for ~25-33% off a couple of times towards the end of 2019. Some info on Steam sales: https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-sale-dates/

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game is regularly on sale in-line with the Steam major sales. This has been the case since we launched on Steam as Early Access (Beta) back in 2018. We have no intention of lowering the base price of the game. In fact, the $40 base price you see is the Early Access price. It is very possible that the base price of the game may go up once we reach official release.
    -ADMIN- Jackencola
    -GUIDE- Rummencola

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gervase View Post
    Just going to keep this question straight forward.

I used to play this game back before it had a price tag and was on Steam. I played it a lot and out of my friend group of like 6 people I was the only one to stick around and play it (Mostly because of difficulty or lack of direction, or just general dislike for the game).

However, ever since PG has come onto Steam and adopted the 40$ price tag, I've been mostly scared off from ever playing this game again.

Call me stingy, but in reality not everyone is blessed or does well financially and its mostly kept me from playing for that exact reason (And I also never have found solid validation in spending that much on PG given how many issues it had.)

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed PG when I played it. The community was awesome, the mechanics were great; but it just sucks to see that there hasn't been much budge on the price tag or any sales (That I've been aware of).

This is just a humble, poor player asking will there ever be a change in the price of the game or sales in the future (If ever?)

Thank you.
    So Citan should throw himself into poverty because some people don't have the fanancial resources to pay him for his services? No one does anything for free in this life. Citan set a price he felt was reasonable in terms of profitability as well as all the overhead costs (steam gets a cut), advertising, outsourcing (new animation system come s free? HAHA), his own personal work, his other employee's (few they may be), not to mention the game gets regular content updates (you don't have to pay for once you buy the base game) and already has thousands of hours of gameplay that in the end give you a like 2penny per hour of fun cost which you really can't say of any other industry that attempts to provide entertainment. Movies? 20$ easy for 2 hours of fun. Arcades? Still more costly. Disney? Forget it! Way out of this world when it comes to cost per hourly fun.

I say this with all kindness, please, try and understand what you are asking. Your mentality is all wrong. You admit you enjoy the game, have played it in your own words and "I really enjoyed PG" when you played it. So , knowing all this, you still want to stiff citan for his work and effort to provide you countless hours of fun, because other people, can't afford to pay him for his services? Why is this okay mentality? I really don't understand. People can afford cigerettes, movies, netflix (monthly cost), other subscriptions, etc... but they can't pay a one time charge of 40$ for entertainment that will last them into futurity without additional cost?

The problem is not the price tag, the problem is the mentality that I should get what I want for cheap or no cost because of some extrensic factor that the content provider has no control over, and that *I* as the individual, MAY or MAY NOT , have control over.

As others have mentioned, to top it off the game is regularly on sale.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by alleryn View Post
    It was on sale for ~25-33% off a couple of times towards the end of 2019. Some info on Steam sales: https://www.pcgamer.com/steam-sale-dates/

Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    The game is regularly on sale in-line with the Steam major sales. This has been the case since we launched on Steam as Early Access (Beta) back in 2018. We have no intention of lowering the base price of the game. In fact, the $40 base price you see is the Early Access price. It is very possible that the base price of the game may go up once we reach official release.
    Thanks for the info. I had no clue it even had been on sale at any point in time. I'll go do some research on when it might come up, I've just never seen it hence my posting.

Quote Originally Posted by Aionlasting View Post
    So Citan should throw himself into poverty because some people don't have the fanancial resources to pay him for his services? No one does anything for free in this life. Citan set a price he felt was reasonable in terms of profitability as well as all the overhead costs (steam gets a cut), advertising, outsourcing (new animation system come s free? HAHA), his own personal work, his other employee's (few they may be), not to mention the game gets regular content updates (you don't have to pay for once you buy the base game) and already has thousands of hours of gameplay that in the end give you a like 2penny per hour of fun cost which you really can't say of any other industry that attempts to provide entertainment. Movies? 20$ easy for 2 hours of fun. Arcades? Still more costly. Disney? Forget it! Way out of this world when it comes to cost per hourly fun.

I say this with all kindness, please, try and understand what you are asking. Your mentality is all wrong. You admit you enjoy the game, have played it in your own words and "I really enjoyed PG" when you played it. So , knowing all this, you still want to stiff citan for his work and effort to provide you countless hours of fun, because other people, can't afford to pay him for his services? Why is this okay mentality? I really don't understand. People can afford cigerettes, movies, netflix (monthly cost), other subscriptions, etc... but they can't pay a one time charge of 40$ for entertainment that will last them into futurity without additional cost?

The problem is not the price tag, the problem is the mentality that I should get what I want for cheap or no cost because of some extrensic factor that the content provider has no control over, and that *I* as the individual, MAY or MAY NOT , have control over.

As others have mentioned, to top it off the game is regularly on sale.
    I don't really understand the monologue you provided given that two people before you basically answered my question in quite the clear and concise manner. Reading this mostly just made me wonder if this was you taking a chance to stand on a soap box or to make me feel bad about my question, but uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh alright?

Like. I'm well aware of everything you stated. At no point did I say the game -should- be lower, I just said I never had validation in purchasing given the issues it had before it launched on Steam (back in 2017) which were quite numerous (Could make a list even from just a recollection of playing, but yeah. Another time another place). This was also me posting with no idea that the game had ever been on sale since it did launch on Steam. Regardless, knowing now the game does in-fact go on sell I will try to keep an eye out for that. Moneys tight, feel me?

Thank you Alleryn and MrWarp

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm . Give up movies for one month or coffee at Starbucks for a month , so many things one could give up to save for a ONE time fee . to play a game one really gets ones money worth . Seriously the developers work for next to nothing ( I feel they are selling themselves short by not demanding a monthly fee . (personal opinion ) .
    Why do people think they should get 24/7 entertainment for nothing ?

I was in pre-alpha ,did not have to pay a penny to get pg once on steam . Yet I still paid full price , then donated 100 ) I could have played for my life for free , who the F88k does that ? ). People who care about not only the game itself but ……. What in your life is important? Do you enjoy playing a game that not only offers much time and enjoyment ? but is cost effective ? Seriously, sorry but it really bothers me when people complain about the cost of most games ( not just PG ) . You get how many days, months years of enjoyment out of it .. yet you waste cash on what a movie you saw once at 20 bucks , coffee you can make at home , yet people will complain about cost !!!! boggles mind !!!! ( I live on my social security ) .. so don't come at me with your costs

Yet your humble and poor LOL . I think we all are :P
    Last edited by Sheawanna; 04-21-2020 at 01:29 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No shame in what I posted. Sometimes the cold truth to force some introspection is more important than warm flattery to make you feel better. I understand money is tight. This will never change for the vast majority of the human race. Spend your money on what you value but don't except everyone to bend their dollar to meet your needs. Instead, rethink your spending and adept when you need to. Think of it as supporting the continued development of a game you , as said yourself, really enjoy playing. Glad you got the answers you needed and good luck with the next sale. See you in game!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This seems to be a regular event by this poster: I have complaints, I don't want to spend money. I'd be more sympathetic, but you post the same thing over and over.

Meanwhile, the game becomes better and better.

Thread Footer