Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The issue instead I had is I was in the midst of the fighting and twice I had no permission to open for loot.
    @SassySusie didn't you get a super rare book from the event's loot and shared it in chat? I believe so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This sort of thing is generally why most places tend to have moderation be anonymous; it's far too easy to perceive preferential treatment when an admin isn't acting as an impartial third party.

I personally haven't had any issues, and I can see why many people enjoy the events, but to some extent they do feel intrusive and arbitrary in a way that diminishes the experience if you're not part of a particular social circle; indirectly, this sort of thing creates an "us vs. them" sort of mentality and essentially empowers admins with both game-play knowledge and the means to cultivate certain players above others by the way of the aforementioned preferential treatment, even if it's only perceived.

I only say this given what I've seen in the past - non-anonymous admins/moderation has, in my opinion, never ended well for the majority.

Regardless if I was AFK or not, I'd be infuriated if something akin to Sassy happened to me.

In the past, I've had a name change for one of my characters while more recent players have had such requests outright denied, and at times, people have shrugged it off saying it's not possible.

It's probably too late to do a 180 on the whole admin/event front, but I'd definitely set clear, concise rules and policies for all admin related activities, then have admins follow those rules to the letter.

As an aside, having admin event exclusive content should.. definitely not be a thing, even if they're just titles, but that's a tangent and opinion.

But yeah, definitely not too happy to see this sort of thing happen to Sassy.
    IGN: Vzi

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of think these big mobs should just appear randomly, no big fanfare, no waiting for crowds.
    Just look what I found, help kinda thing.

Tend to agree with Vzi in many ways.

Also feel that any mob that is not available to those that play at different times should not really give either notoriety or anything special in the way of loot.

Trying to kill Sassy & Beta is frankly in poor taste, there are far more deserving folks to kill.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @INXS

LOL no I was being a brat, I got that off the trolls in Fae Realm before Jack started the event. But everyone was posting scrolls they got off that kill so I posted mine from earlier. I assure you it was not off of Empusa.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrwarp View Post
    When running events, we sometimes take action to minimize the amount of looting that players can do if they aren't generally participating in the event. This encourages participation, and reduces resentment from other players. You just happened to get caught in one of those methods. When we do live events such as these, we are pretty free-form with the rules and do what we can to maintain a fun and fair event experience.

I am sorry that you felt ignored. As it always is at the end of these events, I am completely swamped in tells regarding feedback, bugs, glitches, thank yous and suggestions. It takes time to sort through all of that and get everyone taken care of, especially when it involves fixing a glitch that occured during the event. By the time I could reply to you, you'd logged off. In the future if you're unable to stay online until I can respond to you, remember that you can use an in-game or e-mail support ticket to request information.
    Omg this game is filled with human curated event just like the good old times in Everquest ... makes me hooked up even deeper with project gorgon
    Just wanna let you guys know I bought an iMac 2019 maximum spec and a Mac Pro 2019 solely for this game

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A newer player in my guild brought a fairy to these events and wanted to say that the pushback for many of these fights may be a little over the top (especially george).

Thread Footer