Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone play with a controller?

These days I can't go to hard on the KB+M play method without ending up in pain and thanks to things like FF14's pad support and some xpadder setups for Guild Wars 2 I can still enjoy the mmos I'm interested in playing.

So I'm wondering if anyone else is playing or attempting to play this on pad and if they have a setup for it.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use a Tartarus, but the six-across commands mean I have to do some gnarly chording.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try using an Ergonomic Mouse + Keyboard. It did wonders for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not just any other game controller but many people would like to use the best and mainstream one on the market like xbox elite 2 ,
    some of these games are built using game engines that access game controllers in a different way

I think the first step they should start with macOS version of this game by implementing the Apple-provided Game Controller framework, which knows how to work with the Elite V2 controller

just support game controller plz for the least fighting / grinding / gardening stuff , they don't need to waste their time on making whole new ui for controller

https://developer.apple.com/document...gamecontroller

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I doubt I could last 30 minutes a session with plain kb + m luckily I still have a functioning G13, so it really suits this game. 2 rows of 7 gives both skills bars plus 2 sidebar plus thumb stick for movement.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We had some game-controller support early on for movement and cameras, but maintaining it involved a lot of "moving targets" in terms of supporting individual controllers well, and at some point it broke and we didn't get around to fixing it back up. Now that we're more deeply integrated with Steam, I'm tentatively hoping to expose a lot of the game's functionality to the Steam Input System, which will let people set up custom Steam Input profiles and share them with each other. That's not on my immediate radar, however... we're bogged down in other stuff at the moment. But I do think basic controller support is important and will eventually happen.

(Probably never going to get to "full" controller support for all the many UI windows in the game, though, meaning that you'll probably always need to use a mouse-cursor to select items in your inventory, etc. But Steam input will at least let you move the mouse-cursor with a controller, albeit awkwardly.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    We had some game-controller support early on for movement and cameras, but maintaining it involved a lot of "moving targets" in terms of supporting individual controllers well, and at some point it broke and we didn't get around to fixing it back up. Now that we're more deeply integrated with Steam, I'm tentatively hoping to expose a lot of the game's functionality to the Steam Input System, which will let people set up custom Steam Input profiles and share them with each other. That's not on my immediate radar, however... we're bogged down in other stuff at the moment. But I do think basic controller support is important and will eventually happen.

(Probably never going to get to "full" controller support for all the many UI windows in the game, though, meaning that you'll probably always need to use a mouse-cursor to select items in your inventory, etc. But Steam input will at least let you move the mouse-cursor with a controller, albeit awkwardly.)
    Yes I would be grateful with just partial controller support

However, steam input driver on macOS uses deprecated KPIs All game controller inputs are not detected when the game is launch, rendering games impossible to play with a game controller

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/St...9352277239192/

Plz help us by also implementing controller framework by apple

https://developer.apple.com/document...troller#topics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just bringing this old thread back to like to ask if anyone has any good mapped controller settings on Steam or has made any progress with this I could take a look at?
    #BURYYOURDEAD

Thread Footer