Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)

BETA BUGS (For the 2019.4 build currently in the Steam beta system)

If you have something that seems like a bug or needs examination, please let us know here! (You can also let us know in-game via regular bug reports, if you prefer. Although if you have screenshots, probably easiest to link them from the forum.)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah so there is a thread, probably looked too soon, almost started a new one^^

So, I downloaded the Beta Client to test the new version. My account of events:
    I logged in on my main character Tandiril, the location was the cave under the red crystal in Serbule. After a minute of hopping and test fighting, I realised that I have no functioning UI, which means:
    - no combat ability bars
    - no portrait window of me or my enemy
    - the chat window was one vertical line that I did not manage to change in size, same for the chat bubble and status notifications ("invalid slash command")
    - And most importantly: no system bar -> no settings bar.
    - Esc did not bring up the usual options, just darkened the screen a little like usual.
    Which is the reason why I write here, because in this state I can't even report bugs ingame^^
    There were a lot of small to medium changes in the looks of certain things, but as long as the UI is definitly not working as intended, there is no point discussing those, as they could look different once fixed.

Any help/fixes/workarounds would be greatly appreciated.

kind regards,
    Tandiril

P.S.: This also revealed a pretty strong weakness: I have no possibility to access settings in the character selection (or even before logging in) like in other games to troubleshoot it.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Try holding down the CTRL key on the keyboard when logging in, that will disable most graphics settings and log you into "FORCE LOW-RES" mode. That may make it easier to see your settings.

Second thing to try is to delete (or temporarily rename) the settings file, which is at

C:\Users\(YourUserName)\AppData\LocalLow\Elder Game\Project Gorgon\GorgonConfig.txt

If you delete this file (while the game isn't running), the game will recreate it with defaults the next time you log in.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Renaming the settings file worked. I will try to find out which setting broke it.
    EDIT: I will abort the setting troubleshooting, saw the login screen. In my defense, that window was empty when I logged in at first, it just said "Beta Build!"^^
    Last edited by Tandiril; 06-26-2020 at 11:59 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Beta refused to start on macOS Catalina 10.15.5, Steam Popup reports a missing file.
    It worked after i duplicated and renamed the executable in the MacPlayer.app from Project Gorgon to MacPlayer.

edit: Path: /Users/Username/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Project Gorgon/MacPlayer.app/Contents/MacOS
    Last edited by dillinger; 06-26-2020 at 11:54 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope this is the proper thread for this. This issue does not seem to affect others, as visible in the first picture (sorry for the language) only I seem to have that problem.

This is my own spider, with resulting camera bug

I also had Old Snouty and doe deer in huge mode
    Last edited by Tandiril; 06-27-2020 at 12:54 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...7_07-24-16.mp4

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachmen...7_07-28-13.mp4

After clear special setting and restart game (exit) those black 'like 2001: A Space Odyssey' Object still here (Only Rahu) Linux client, 99% tested thinks work fine

i sure that part (above fairy) not look this way :P
    Last edited by Vish; 06-27-2020 at 02:14 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deleting my config file works for me but still huge plants or spider are in the game like in screenshots above

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    If you figure out specific settings in the config file causing problems, that would be good to know! Worst case, we can just wipe all settings for everyone to avoid upgrade problems (when we move it out of beta), but I'd prefer to fix whatever's wrong, if we can track it down.

For those with the freaky scaling, are you using Windows computers? I'm trying to figure out some common ground between the people that are affected.

Edit: and @dillinger -- nice fix, thanks!
    Last edited by Citan; 06-27-2020 at 02:53 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep windows 10. Do you need anything more ?

Solicovsky in game for better/faster communication
    Last edited by Solitz; 06-27-2020 at 03:16 AM.

Thread Footer