Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread: Maps and Pins
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maps and Pins

Ok, Tried to do a search for Map Pins but said is was to short of a search and would not allow it.

It is what I wanted to know.

My map says, used all pins but I do not see pins on the Map and cannot find out how to remove them.

Which I probably cannot do since I cannot see them.

Running full screen 1080P.

Thanks all

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I'm not sure why you can't see your pins, maybe they're blending into the image or maybe they'd be visible if you made the map window larger. Anyway, there's an alpha-tester debugging command you can use to fix it: in the chat box type "/mapclear". It will wipe all your map pins from all your maps.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    /mapclear is an old command for clearing all the map pins, it is undocumented and I've never used it. Be interested to hear if it works for you.

ninjaed
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 07-10-2017 at 08:37 AM. Reason: ninjaed

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are many of the /commands documented? Only Citan would really know ^-^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a way to get a compass on the map.

also I clear the pin but pins do not show up on the map, no compass to see which way you are facing and no point on the map where you are. there is a arrow now and then mostly of the map.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you could post a screen shot of the map giving you trouble, it might help, could get certain clues from that.
    Did you make changes to the GUI settings?
    Are you talking about in caves or Starter Island, Serbule?
    Have you try resizing the map to a very large size and seeing if it works any better, click and drag on the lower right corner of map.

Your location and facing are indicated usually on the map. That is how it works for most of us.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Michellia View Post
    Is there a way to get a compass on the map.

also I clear the pin but pins do not show up on the map, no compass to see which way you are facing and no point on the map where you are. there is a arrow now and then mostly of the map.
    The arrow should be your character. I asked this before so don't take offense to it, is your vision good? I have troubles seeing the map pins if I didn't expand the minimap. Also to remove click on a pin (when u are able to see it) and it will ask you if you want to save or delete it. Might have troubles seeing that window because of the transparency so try to set the transparency of the windows to lower values so you can see it when it pops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaylara View Post
    The arrow should be your character. I asked this before so don't take offense to it, is your vision good? I have troubles seeing the map pins if I didn't expand the minimap. Also to remove click on a pin (when u are able to see it) and it will ask you if you want to save or delete it. Might have troubles seeing that window because of the transparency so try to set the transparency of the windows to lower values so you can see it when it pops.
    Well reset the config file to defaults.
    Enlarge map to fullest.
    Arrow that looks like a anchor move all over the place.
    When clicking to put a pin it places it about 2 cm away on the map. Even off the map.

I shut down the game, reloaded and brought the map up. the pins all 5 were off the map.

So just a bug to report

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Sounds like that Experimental GUI Scale option again, you can turn it off under "GUI and Windows". This question/issue has been coming up a lot recently, I think that option's warning needs to explicitly say that it will fuck up your map. It's too tough to troubleshoot, to connect the map issues to "oh yeah, that feature said it was experimental".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So went and did what you said. Set it to 100% and it works. but so damn small to see anything.

Thanks for the reply

Thread Footer